Bored, trollin around. SRT info inside - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 73

This is a discussion on Bored, trollin around. SRT info inside within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; those are some sweet #'s but speed's overrated Go Low and Slow...

  1. #31
    Registered User CustomS10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Western Mass
    Posts
    7,959
    those are some sweet #'s but speed's overrated

    Go Low and Slow
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    7
    "a few mods from now and i'll be sti huntin from a dig."

    Perhaps in a a straight line. But in any kind of real world driving a WRX/STI would have the advantage. The SRT has a fast engine as we all know. But it's a cheap attemp from a so called "American motor company" to compete against the rising tides of true sport compacts coming from Japan and Europe. If all that matters is going fast straight to people who buy the SRT's, it may be the ideal car for them.
    But five years you'll probably feel like a tool driving a car aimed at the" teenage fast and furious types".
    To me the WRX/STI may not be the best in anyone area, but it's probably one of the best cars at doing very well all around at everything . A real sports car.

  4. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    253
    From a roll i think it would be close but the srt might barely get it. ive raced them both. I make 240 to the wheels the way im tuned right now, an i beat my friends stock srt4, but more surprisingly another guys srt4 with a stage 1, full turboback an up pipe, with no cats an a manual boost controller. he was running upwards 20 psi on one run. but we ran a million times an we are dead even through 2nd an 3rd, but at the end of 4th i pull cars. thats shifting at redliine in a clutch im not use to, by shifting at 7500 instead i pull a bit more due to his 6k shifts. didnt bother racing him from a stop.

  5. #34
    Registered User MidnightFLAT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Dayton Ohio, Chicago IL
    Posts
    664
    250wheel hp, 279ftlbs with just a new wastegate actuator
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

  6. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NorthernDE/PA border
    Posts
    584
    I too was at xotic(1st subie in a.m. to run/see paychecks). I also already raced a modded srt-4. Fast? yes. STi fast? No. Especially off the line. You guys get no traction 1st and 2nd.
    still stock

  7. #36
    Registered User 2004NeonSRT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Oxford,PA
    Posts
    1,068
    Originally posted by BenderWRX
    "a few mods from now and i'll be sti huntin from a dig."

    Perhaps in a a straight line. But in any kind of real world driving a WRX/STI would have the advantage. The SRT has a fast engine as we all know. But it's a cheap attemp from a so called "American motor company" to compete against the rising tides of true sport compacts coming from Japan and Europe. If all that matters is going fast straight to people who buy the SRT's, it may be the ideal car for them.
    But five years you'll probably feel like a tool driving a car aimed at the" teenage fast and furious types".
    To me the WRX/STI may not be the best in anyone area, but it's probably one of the best cars at doing very well all around at everything . A real sports car.



    your correct in everything stated. i don't think a srt has enough upgrades available or ever available to run with a sti in the twisties. and i get bored with cars easily. down side of being young with a nice job. i'll prolly get rid of it in a year or 2 at most.

    i traded my wrx for my srt. opps, big mistake. i'd take it back in a heartbeat for the laggy no topend having, extreme parts costing wrx, no tq wrx. that thing was just a blast to drive. the srt is a bore. i have more fun in my 93 escort gt auto.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

  8. #37
    Registered User drizze99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Bear, DE
    Posts
    753
    Originally posted by BenderWRX

    To me the WRX/STI may not be the best in anyone area, but it's probably one of the best cars at doing very well all around at everything . A real sports car.
    OK Bender, you almost made me spray my Coke in laughter!! The WRX/STi a real sports car? C'mon man... it's a hopped up econobox just like the SRT-4 is. If you think any different, then you are kidding yourself.

    A "real" sports car is a Ferrari, Corvette, Viper, McLaren, Lamborghini, etc.........
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

  9. #38
    Banned dark_rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    The Hub
    Posts
    12,157
    Originally posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    your correct in everything stated. i don't think a srt has enough upgrades available or ever available to run with a sti in the twisties. and i get bored with cars easily. down side of being young with a nice job. i'll prolly get rid of it in a year or 2 at most.

    i traded my wrx for my srt. opps, big mistake. i'd take it back in a heartbeat for the laggy no topend having, extreme parts costing wrx, no tq wrx. that thing was just a blast to drive. the srt is a bore. i have more fun in my 93 escort gt auto.
    what are the aftermarket options for turbos like? i'm really perplexed at the combined manifold and turbo design. are the aftermarkets mimicking this, or going w/ a separate manifold and turbo?

    dR

  10. #39
    Registered User 2004NeonSRT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Oxford,PA
    Posts
    1,068
    the turbo upgrades available as a kit include the new exhaust man along with the turbo and the rest of the parts needed. the kit allows for swappin of turbo's off the new manifold.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

  11. #40
    Banned dark_rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    The Hub
    Posts
    12,157
    Originally posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    the turbo upgrades available as a kit include the new exhaust man along with the turbo and the rest of the parts needed. the kit allows for swappin of turbo's off the new manifold.

    cool. what are some of the more common upgraded turbos right now? how big of blowers are you guys running nowadays?

    dR

  12. #41
    Registered User drizze99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Bear, DE
    Posts
    753
    Originally posted by dark_rex
    cool. what are some of the more common upgraded turbos right now? how big of blowers are you guys running nowadays?

    dR
    Base Price - $1700 - Includes: AGP T3 manifold, TiAL 38 or Turbonetics Deltagate Evolution wastegate, dump tube, 57 trim or 60 trim T04E compressor/ 76 trim T31 turbine, 2.5" to 3" O2 housing, oil feed and drain lines, gaskets, nuts and bolts, ss heatshield, overflow bottle. Available turbine housings - .48, .63, .82, 1.06 A/R ratios. Optional turbine wheels - 76 trim T31, 76 trim T350, O trim T4, P trim T4.

    Options:
    60-1 T3/T4 - $75
    50 trim T3/T4 - $100
    56 trim GT40/T350 (AGP61) - $100
    NEW - 44 lb/min GT25BB in a .48 or .63 A/R turbine housing - $600
    NEW - 52 lb/min GT30BB in a .63 or .82 A/R turbine housing - $600
    55 lb/min GT30BB in a .63 or .82 A/R turbine housing - $600
    60 lb/min GT30BB in a .63 or .82 A/R turbine housing - $650
    65 lb/min GT30BB in a .82 or 1.06 A/R turbine housing - $700
    65 lb/min GT35RBB in a .82 or 1.06 A/R turbine housing - $900
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

  13. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    188
    2004NeonSRT4, there's plenty of options for the SRT-4 when it comes to handling.

    Multiple coilover kits from three different companies, including two from Mopar. Camber kits, springs, end links, roll bars etc...

    Heck, Stage 3 Mopar coilover kit along with a rollbar upgrade and a camber kit, and you'll finally have a Neon that bests an ACR in the twisties.

    -B

  14. #43
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    7
    Originally posted by drizze99
    OK Bender, you almost made me spray my Coke in laughter!! The WRX/STi a real sports car? C'mon man... it's a hopped up econobox just like the SRT-4 is. If you think any different, then you are kidding yourself.

    A "real" sports car is a Ferrari, Corvette, Viper, McLaren, Lamborghini, etc.........
    Yeah Ferrari's, vipers, etcc.. if your living in the 80's still. The days of $250,000 cars are over. True some rich people will still buy them. But the fact of the matter is todays cars can offer similar performance for a very small fraction of the cost of your typical super car. Hell HPA has hit over 200 mph with just turbo upgrades on the VW R32. STI's are now making lunch out of many exotic cars. Call them econo boxs if you will. By your arcane standars they are.
    It's not about cheesy interiors and low cost of payments, it's about performance, period that makes a "sports car". I own an 88 BMW M3. It was my dream car (next to a 911 turbo of course) for a very long, long time. When I could finally afford one. I remember people thinking it wasn't a real sports car at the time. But now the M3 (who has strayed far from it's roots) is a sports car icon.
    The WRX is on it's way there rapidly. And I have much more fun in my rex then I do in my M3. Look in any sprts car mags( EVO, SPORTS CAR INTL. etc..) you'll see WRX's there for good reason.
    Maybe you should sell your "econo box" and buy a real sports car , like a Lamborghinni (which is owned by the VW, the original king of econo box's).
    The WRX's and the Mitsu EVO's have taken your concept of what a sports car is, and have trounced all over it. To me FWD is an econo box. Give me AWD and turbo anyday.
    Last edited by BenderWRX; 03-01-2004 at 09:00 PM.

  15. #44
    Registered User drizze99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Bear, DE
    Posts
    753
    Originally posted by BenderWRX
    Yeah Ferrari's, vipers, etcc.. if your living in the 80's still. The days of $250,000 cars are over. True some rich people will still buy them. But the fact of the matter is todays cars can offer similar performance for a very small fraction of the cost of your typical super car. Hell HPA has hit over 200 mph with just turbo upgrades on the VW R32. STI's are now making lunch out of many exotic cars. Call them econo boxs if you will. By your arcane standars they are.
    It's not about cheesy interiors and low cost of payments, it's about performance, period that makes a "sports car". I own an 88 BMW M3. It was my dream car (next to a 911 turbo of course) for a very long, long time. When I could finally afford one. I remember people thinking it wasn't a real sports car at the time. But now the M3 (who has strayed far from it's roots) is a sports car icon.
    The WRX is on it's way there rapidly. And I have much more fun in my rex then I do in my M3. Look in any sprts car mags( EVO, SPORTS CAR INTL. etc..) you'll see WRX's there for good reason.
    Maybe you should sell your "econo box" and buy a real sports car , like a Lamborghinni (which is owned by the VW, the original king of econo box's).
    The WRX's and the Mitsu EVO's have taken your concept of what a sports car is, and have trounced all over it. To me FWD is an econo box. Give me AWD and turbo anyday.
    OK Bender, whatever you say!

    Don't get me wrong, I love the SRT-4's, WRX/STi's, EVO's & GTI's of the world, but they are not REAL sports cars no matter how fast they go. By what you are saying, I could take ANY car, make it fast and consider it a "real sports car". So I guess that Ford Focus with a V8 swap in it with 500hp is a real sports car right?
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

  16. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    7
    Well that ford focus V8 thing, is just stupid to bring up. All the cars I mentioned were factory cars. I made valid points I thought. Unlike your thoughtless response. Never said nothing about HP. Hp is just something to sell cars with now a days. How many sport cars have you owned?
    At the end of the day your still in a neon, and we all know Mopar never builds any POS. Thats why the germans had to save the company, and now they want to sell it. I mean really, you don't think it's kinda cheesy that you have to roll down the back windows? That never crossed your mind once?
    ok, guess I'm just BS'ing you a little. We are both car enthusiasts at least. What I was trying to get across before this got off topic was, a sport car isn't about price or power alone, it's being a good all around performance car. To me a SRT Neon isn't that. I could have bought one if I chose, i'm not brand loyal to Subaru. I was well aware as many are here what the WRX was and is capable of, long before it came to the U.S. I got some good nuggs and some vice city to do.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •