New competition for the STi from Kia! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on New competition for the STi from Kia! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by renichms If it was putting out 300 hp, it'd be all over the street...a piece here, a ...

Originally posted by renichms
    If it was putting out 300 hp, it'd be all over the street...a piece here, a piece there...and that plastic tranny piece waaaaay over there.

RN
    Notihing to add
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dude, my SRT can totally smoke an STi. I saw one that looked just like that the other day, I revved and he took off, and I smoked his ass.. like 10 bus lengths by 60mph....

oh, wait...

this car is junk. It makes me think of those milk snakes that look just like the uber-toxic coral snakes, just to scare predators.. Or like the SXT neon owners who put SRT body kits on and pretend their fast....
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

Originally posted by YeloFvr
    I thought you said he was your friend

its questionable really... he has no appreciation for cars PERIOD... always talkin sh!t about everything....

*120mph* "OH MAN SLOW DOWN AAHHHH i gotta take a crap"

*110mph pass on him* "oh wow.... that wasn't that impressive...."

i hate the fact that he has no appreciation for it... let'em have the damn kia

so. . .no stats? i'm kinda curious how hard they worked or if its ALL flash and the same guts as the base trim...
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

Originally posted by Kanchou
    so. . .no stats? i'm kinda curious how hard they worked or if its ALL flash and the same guts as the base trim...
    Same guts as stock, as I understand it. Saw an article on it a while back saying its only a trim package and doesn't do anything to the motor.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

ohhhhhhhhh man i want one
    2003 WRX 5spd Sedan
    ~Stage 4+ 20g~

Stolen from the other thread

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The sporty Rio runs the regular 71kW 1.5-litre engine and takes 15 seconds to go from 0-100km/h.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow I'm impressed, I think an old school VW Bus could beat that POS!

That's classic.

Then there're these gems:

quote:
    On the STi the scoop forces air into the intercooler to feed the turbo, but the Rio's scoop is just there to look cool.

And...

quote:
    The Rio also has what is described as "a World Rally Championship-style rear wing", even though Kia does not have much of a rally heritage, or even a car in the WRC.

And...
    quote:
    Kia is confident the Sport-Pac will be popular with young people who want a car that looks fast but who can't afford to buy or maintain a car such as a WRX or a Lancer EVO.

Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

now now. . .i'm sure not all of us who had to work hard for a first car could say they got something hella fast or anything.
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

serious?

what a joke.... anyone know the specs? subaru should really file a suit!!!

Re: serious?

Originally posted by rex'n'efex
    what a joke.... anyone know the specs? subaru should really file a suit!!!
    Okay...specs:

0-60: Yes
    1/4 mile: Yes @ 1+ MPH
    60-0: Usually
    Slalom: Better off walking
    Skid pad: Present

HP: Yes, a little
    Torque: Yes, a little
    All 4 wheels, something resembling an engine and a transmission present and accounted for.

I have much more data, every bit as accurate as these stats, if you want them. Just give me a little time to make them up.

RN

Jugger....so the company has pissed you off for a while now..and you are going to do what about it?

-soul
    Last edited by soulsweeper; 02-26-2004 at 11:08 PM.

but just think, some on WILL get this and make it fast....and someone will beat an STI in this and the humiliation! It would be worse than getting beat by pretty much anything else. Everyhting else has a rep, at least somewhat: Evos, DSMs, even Hondas...but this...

yeah, but its still a Kia
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Originally posted by eulerfx
    but just think, some on WILL get this and make it fast....and someone will beat an STI in this and the humiliation! It would be worse than getting beat by pretty much anything else. Everyhting else has a rep, at least somewhat: Evos, DSMs, even Hondas...but this...

When they do beat someone, that someone can still be satisfied knowing their tranny has no plastic components...a REAL STi isn't a wind-up toy.

RN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.