S2000 from a roll - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on S2000 from a roll within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Rich10 Well, that would force me to upgrade my turbo. Yes and I see you have no ...

Originally posted by Rich10
    Well, that would force me to upgrade my turbo.
    Yes and I see you have no problem with that. Me, it depends on current financial situations.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I raced one from a rolling start (5 mph) and beat it pretty bad to 75 mph and then had to shut down due to an oncoming traffic light. I was behind him when the race started and by end of 1st, I was 2 inches away from his bumper. In 2nd gear, changed lanes, and pulled on him like mad. Once I was in 3rd at around 75 mph, I had about 2-3 cars on him. He had a passenger, I didn't.

Well, to be honest, I think a stock wrx (non-sti) can even take an s2000 from a 5 mph (or a stop), just due to the sheer fact that they have NO torque. However, once on the highway, a supercharged one can give you a run for your money, if driven properly. That's a major part of these vtec's, they actually are good cars if driven properly. My good friend who is actually a adriving instructor has a rsx with about 200 whp, and I remember that when I was at approximately 215 whp (long ago ) we would run from 55 to 100-110 or so, and he would always pull about a car or so on the top end. And even from the lower gears, he would be able to keep up pretty well until he pulled on the top end. If you're racing an s2000 and they mistakenly shift to early, the race is essentially over. If they shift anywhere below 6500, they're done (they should be shifting at redline). This is even more important in the lower revs, because a modded s2k will most likely spin in the lower gears, so they have to know how to control the throttle in that area of the power band. Nevertheless, the only run I had with a s2k was a supercharged one, and from 50-110 i got him by 1 1/2 cars. When we finished he said he tuned to 310 whp, so I was pretty impressed, since I'm at 320, and he's rwd and a bit lighter.
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

oh I have no doubt they'll take me on the freeway, but it was my first race against an s2000 (this one came complete with body kit, tall rear wing, dual aftermarket angled exhausts, etc) and is NA. I was just surprised at how badly I took him in that short little race.

str
    I raced an S2000 when I had my modded Rex Wagon. It ran 14.1 in the 1/4 and it was very close. Too close to determine a winner. It seemed like the S2000 pulled on me slightly after about 90mph. The person driving was a very good driver also. I think a stock Rex would have a little trouble with an S2000.
    2004 Black Forester XT

s2000 and wrx are very close stock, and the s2000 no doubt has a big advantage at high speeds. although once you start to do mods like TBE and BC the table REALLY turns.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12