WRX vs 03' Cobra...anyone raced one?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs 03' Cobra...anyone raced one? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I can't believe the stock 1/4 numbers for this car. Ford must be under rating the hp on it. There ...

WRX vs 03' Cobra...anyone raced one?

I can't believe the stock 1/4 numbers for this car. Ford must be under rating the hp on it. There is a guy on viper board that has one and ran a 12.31 1/4! On the LS1 board they are all up in arms over it(thread already 8+ pages long, started on 6/14). Heck, the guy that owns it has about $200K in cars...2 vipers, 2 03' cobras. His timeslip is listed on both threads.

Here the links.

http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/003891.html

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...5&pagenumber=1

Ppower

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

those cars are scary!
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

Hmm...

Looks like even his fellow Mustang owners are calling B.S. on it...Hell..check that LS1 link on it..fuggg..now that's what I call a THREAD.

I'd like to see a dyno, too...that's simply incredible times and his 60 ft is amazing for having such a massive amount of bodyweight...those slicks must have done wonders for him...

I'm gonna have to wade through that LS1 thread...this is interesting.
    1993 RX-7 TT
    http://home.attbi.com/~archangle10/w...7/site1005.jpg
    SSP Pineapple Racing Rebuild/Stage 2 Oil/Rebuilt Tranny/HKS Downpipe/Apex-i PFCw/Commander/RB Dual SS Catback/ACT S/S Clutch/Resurfaced Flywheel/ASI AST/Fluidyne Radiator/Polished UIM/Throttlebody/Efini Y-Pipe/Silicone Hose Job
    Koni Shocks/Eibach Springs/Mazdaspeed Bushings/Brembo Dimpled/Slotted Rotors/G-Stop Steel Brake Lines/EBC Greenstuff
    Kenwood eXcelon Z919 CD-MP3/Infinity Kappa Perfect Sound System/2 JBL Power 360W Amps/2 12" Infinity Kappa Perfect Subs
    Car Pics: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291149161
    Modification Pics: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291071767

2002 Subaru WRX
    FATT

i had a dream that i got to ride around in an '03 cobra at a track, and it was the most amazing car ever....that was a kickass dream, that thing handled like crazy (in my dream)

Funny...

I usually dream about sleeping with hot babes...

You must have a few wires crossed...heheh.
    1993 RX-7 TT
    http://home.attbi.com/~archangle10/w...7/site1005.jpg
    SSP Pineapple Racing Rebuild/Stage 2 Oil/Rebuilt Tranny/HKS Downpipe/Apex-i PFCw/Commander/RB Dual SS Catback/ACT S/S Clutch/Resurfaced Flywheel/ASI AST/Fluidyne Radiator/Polished UIM/Throttlebody/Efini Y-Pipe/Silicone Hose Job
    Koni Shocks/Eibach Springs/Mazdaspeed Bushings/Brembo Dimpled/Slotted Rotors/G-Stop Steel Brake Lines/EBC Greenstuff
    Kenwood eXcelon Z919 CD-MP3/Infinity Kappa Perfect Sound System/2 JBL Power 360W Amps/2 12" Infinity Kappa Perfect Subs
    Car Pics: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291149161
    Modification Pics: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291071767

2002 Subaru WRX
    FATT

Re: Funny...

Originally posted by ArchangelX
    I usually dream about sleeping with hot babes...

You must have a few wires crossed...heheh.
    i dream about both
    last night was just a car night i guess.

i know somebody that test drove one. he said it handled great and that it has to have more hp than what ford says
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

Re: Hmm...

Originally posted by ArchangelX
    Looks like even his fellow Mustang owners are calling B.S. on it...Hell..check that LS1 link on it..fuggg..now that's what I call a THREAD.

I'd like to see a dyno, too...that's simply incredible times and his 60 ft is amazing for having such a massive amount of bodyweight...those slicks must have done wonders for him...

I'm gonna have to wade through that LS1 thread...this is interesting.
    On the LS1 thread they talk about Evan Smith running a 12.5 or 12.6 1/4 time in one. He is a pro driver. The 12.31 time was run on a race radial.
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/kumho/ku_v700.jsp
    Yeah, me thinks the 390hp Ford is passing around is RWHP with numbers like that.

Ppower

I Just sold my 97 Cobra with 30K miles on it over 3 moths ago. As soon as my wife gets her new car, I will then run to the local Ford Dealer and get a MY03 Cobra. This is the first time since 1987 that a mustang has not been parked in my garage. List of the Mustangs I owned:

1986 GT
    1990 GT
    1993 SVT Cobra
    1994 Saleen SC Cobra
    1997 Cobra
    Soon 2003 Cobra

Originally posted by Drod
    I Just sold my 97 Cobra with 30K miles on it over 3 moths ago. As soon as my wife gets her new car, I will then run to the local Ford Dealer and get a MY03 Cobra. This is the first time since 1987 that a mustang has not been parked in my garage. List of the Mustangs I owned:

1986 GT
    1990 GT
    1993 SVT Cobra
    1994 Saleen SC Cobra
    1997 Cobra
    Soon 2003 Cobra
    I personally wouldn't buy one. I would rather get a used Cobra and just throw a Kenny bell whipple charger on it. Same type used on the new Cobra. And save the money. The only real difference is the new Cobra has a iron block vs an alum. one.

Ppower

The only real difference is the new Cobra has a iron block vs an alum. one.
    There are more differences than that. Different rate springs, T-56, 3.55 gears, different wheels and tires, forged pistons and rods, as well as a few other little things. I'm actually considering trading my Cobra in on a new one as well but I'm trying to hold out till the DEW98 platform is under a Stang.
    Last edited by DOHCtor_C; 06-18-2002 at 08:31 AM.
    97 Cobra
    00 Wrangler
    83 Girlfriend - will trade for WRX

There are alot of changes, updates to the IRS, frame reinforcements, brakes, etc. And the engine can handle a lot more boost than an aluminum one.

ALso, some one just recently dyno'd on of the monsters and came up with 380 AT THE WHEELS. Can you say underated. No more of the 99 fiasco. I think they are trying to pull a Camaro LS1 stunt and underating it by about 30-40 HP.

It should be a Bad @ss car, too bad the F-body's won't be there to counter with it with a really big monster of their own.

And a few aftermarket people and SVT will already be offering pulley packages for it.

The new cobra is going to compete directly with corvette, and cost 10 grand less. Can you say S2000 with porsche boxsters? WRX and S4?

i "heard" that muscle mustangs and fast fords dynoed one and got 378 rwhp out of it bone stock ! if it really makes that much power then i can believe the 12.3@118 time

i can't imagine what putting a full exhaust system and lightning pulley (more boost) is going to do!
    87 lx 5.0
    yeah its stock
    All motor
    Got torque?

Originally posted by DOHCtor_C

There are more differences than that. Different rate springs, T-56, 3.55 gears, different wheels and tires, forged pistons and rods, as well as a few other little things. I'm actually considering trading my Cobra in on a new one as well but I'm trying to hold out till the DEW98 platform is under a Stang.
    Actually, the forged piston part is one that would be the best. T-56 no biggie. Or the 3.55 I would install 3.73s or more.

What changes did they do to the IRS? Is it stronger now? I know the old one sucked, people broke half shafts with slicks all the time.

Ppower

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.