WRX vs 2002 Civic Si boosted
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs 2002 Civic Si boosted within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey, I'm older (30's) and there is a kid (25ish) that lives up the street that bought a used 2002 ...

WRX vs 2002 Civic Si boosted

Hey, I'm older (30's) and there is a kid (25ish) that lives up the street that bought a used 2002 Civic Si hatchback.

He was telling me that he can beat his friend's RX-7 gen III. I have a boring looking wagon (Vishnu 0 and run 15 lbs boost).

A few days ago comming home, he was wating for me at the top of the street - he reved and I just took off, I could hear his turbo kick in but he was so far behind me I never saw him.

He has now met me at the top of the street to our homes at least 4 or 5 times, he is not even close. He is running 5-7lbs boost (all he can run according to his tuner without strenghtening the internals).

I have not been dynoed yet, but I probably have 220-240 whp (vishnu 0).
    He claims to have 250 whp at peak boost - is this possible?

Q: Are all Civics this slow, even with boost? Can Civics only boost 5-7 lbs? Are all Civic owners this obsessed?

I have a friend with a gen III RX-7 but it is heavily modded - REALLY fast on the track - but not a good 1/4 mile machine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yah I cant quite figure out why more boosted hondas arent faster than they really are. I know a 10psi JRSC 99CivicSi that I raced from a roll and I pretty much walked away from him.

All I do know however is that I seriously fear boosted hondas becuase I have seen some run in the 12s up here at altitude. Granted those were running 9-10psi on race gas and slicks but still... a LOT of them I see run a good second slower in the 1\4 mile than I do so [shrug].

btw I run a 13.3@101 up at 5800ft above sea level.
    Stock 2004 WRX STi
    Java Black on Silver

hehe... you guys know why im not going to mod my car anymore and get a wrx..hehe
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    A used 2002 Civic Si? You mean someone actually bought a new one? And then this guy actually bought a used one????

My friend has the 2000 Civic Si turbo, as seen on this page: http://www.garagespl.com/project.asp?ID=4

Beautiful car, and he boosts about 8 psi. When you're a passenger, you can totally feel it pull. However, real life results are different. He hasn't beat me one single time and he always comes back with excuses like "I shifted from 2nd into 5th instead of 3rd" or "I had no traction!" I think he could easily pull great times out of his setup if he knew how to drive it correctly! Plus, the last time I raced him was when I only had my Blitz SUS intake and Nur Spec rear section. He hasn't faced my unichip yet.

The potential is there...I have another friend whose supercharged Si could've totally taken me to school...but he's a much better driver. There's also a turbo Si around here that will run low 12s all day long...so don't take turbo Civics too lightly
    Last edited by Verdugo; 06-15-2002 at 09:57 AM.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

basicly the only good civics r the si's
    anythin else is gotta be an engine swap or alot of boost

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by ViciousVolpe
    basicly the only good civics r the si's
    anythin else is gotta be an engine swap or alot of boost
    Hehe I'll take a JDM Civic Type R though
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)

integra type r all the way

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    Indeed...

ITR > CTR

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.