First race with the WRX

This is a discussion on First race with the WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First race with the WRX and I beat an early two door Accord 4 banger. The fellow and his friend ...

Arrow First race with the WRX

First race with the WRX and I beat an early two door Accord 4 banger. The fellow and his friend were pretty cool and we all had big grins on our faces. He had an after market exhust system and really cool looking wing on the rear deck. Nice wheels and tires too. My WRX is bone stock. I'm still trying to break it in so I don't launch it just feather and go. He would jump 3 or 4 car lengths a head and it wouldn't be until I hit 3rd gear that I would pull him. That's cool and all right? What isn't cool is that I feel really stupid. Why can't I stop myself from taking it to redline? I only have a little of 400 miles on it and now I'm worried that thanks to my stupid actions my car will be burning oil in time. I know I'm probably being to hard on myself but I've never had a turbo before. I really babied it driving home what do you all think?
    Pete
    Blitz Turbo Timer, TurboXS mbc, uppipe, Samco intercooler hoses, TurboXS Unichip (stage 1), TurboXS intake, Vishnu downpipe.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Be patient...

Take it easy, you only have 600 more miles to go. Do like I did and just drive, drive, drive. If you need the turbo fix, let me know and I'll come and pick you up. I got 20000 miles on my car so we're good to go!!

Speaking of races, I had an old fart in a F150 try to "race" me from a light tonight. I took off like I normally do, not to fast, not to slow. I hear him kick his down and start to take off. I shift to second and start to get on it (half throttle and he can't get around me ) Then my wife starts telling me to slow down so I let off and the guy cuts me off and then slams on his brakes. I was like WHAT??? He seemed pissed that he couldn't get around me. I looked at my wife and said I was gonna burn him at the next light. But alas, he turned off. Probably wouldn't have been cool to do anyway, since the wife's pregnant and not feeling well.

Anyhoo, good kill!!

Re: Be patient...

Originally posted by junaitari
    Take it easy, you only have 600 more miles to go. Do like I did and just drive, drive, drive. If you need the turbo fix, let me know and I'll come and pick you up. I got 20000 miles on my car so we're good to go!!

Speaking of races, I had an old fart in a F150 try to "race" me from a light tonight. I took off like I normally do, not to fast, not to slow. I hear him kick his down and start to take off. I shift to second and start to get on it (half throttle and he can't get around me ) Then my wife starts telling me to slow down so I let off and the guy cuts me off and then slams on his brakes. I was like WHAT??? He seemed pissed that he couldn't get around me. I looked at my wife and said I was gonna burn him at the next light. But alas, he turned off. Probably wouldn't have been cool to do anyway, since the wife's pregnant and not feeling well.

Anyhoo, good kill!!
    YEAH...What is it with these trucks modded with the flowmaster
    and oversized tires?You would think that they believed there was a jet pack strapped to it or something.WTF? This kind of cr@p is really bad in my area.
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics,whether you win or lose,you're still retarded.

Complaint Department

Pick on someone your own size.