Wrx, 350z

This is a discussion on Wrx, 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I was making a left turn onto a highway and a Z just happened to come zooming up right ...

fre

Wrx, 350z

Well I was making a left turn onto a highway and a Z just happened to come zooming up right behind me. I was delighted at this point and wanted to see what my new mods could do. I hammered it after the left and the Z followed but I think I made a few cars ground. It was hard to tell because there was about a 2 second lapse between us, but he certainly didn't gain until I let off for another car in front of me. Hurray for VF34. I would have liked to have a better run, but waaay too much traffic. I think even with my conservative tune, I would edge one out from even a roll though. Oh and I didn't launch I just rolled out, because I knew there would be a lapse time until he went. Oh and I have a COBB 2.5 map with the vf34, injectors, FP. This is the first worthy car I have run into so far, except the civic when I was stock. I want to run into him again now

I can't even get any mustangs to look at me, but when I had my corolla they would all go flying by Ricers drive like gramps when they are around me even when I was stock hohoho I love it
    Last edited by fre; 02-18-2004 at 07:55 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you should be able to pull nicely against a 350z with yer mods i hope. i keep dead even with them till 90mph at stage 2

If driven properly, the Z is a pretty good contender from a roll. Back when I had a vf34, I ran a buddy with just an intake/exhaust on his Z. We were dead even from 40 to about 80, then as soon as I shifted into 4th I was gone. I really want to see what the boosted ones can do. Good run though!
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

Originally posted by BassMan097
    If driven properly, the Z is a pretty good contender from a roll. Back when I had a vf34, I ran a buddy with just an intake/exhaust on his Z. We were dead even from 40 to about 80, then as soon as I shifted into 4th I was gone. I really want to see what the boosted ones can do. Good run though!
    I think the boosted ones put down somewhere around 350whp.... or is that the Procharged ones....Not sure how you would do against on from a roll...From a stop though, should be pretty entertaining...

One of the perks of living where I do (Canada) is that the chances of running across something like that are between slim to none....

90% of owners get nice rims and bodykits, but don't boost power....
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

greddy said their twin-turbo setup for the 350 should output around 340whp at 8psi. don't quote me on that, but iirc that's what i've heard. then again, that's from a mag.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

fre
    Originally posted by jigga
    I think the boosted ones put down somewhere around 350whp.... or is that the Procharged ones....Not sure how you would do against on from a roll...From a stop though, should be pretty entertaining...

One of the perks of living where I do (Canada) is that the chances of running across something like that are between slim to none....

90% of owners get nice rims and bodykits, but don't boost power....
    Same here... the only cars I notice that have mods are other wrxs and there are only like 2 of them in town.

Good kill/run

If you're keepin up with one on the fwy, you'll MURDER us @ the track! Good run man. I trapped @ 99.7 stock, so you're at least trapping around 100 + which should translate into a GOOD ET. As for the Greddy kitted Z's-- they put down about 350 @ 5.5 psi, 450 @ 9 (only one guy running 9, many running the stock 5.5).

fre

Re: Good kill/run

Originally posted by Sosa
    If you're keepin up with one on the fwy, you'll MURDER us @ the track! Good run man. I trapped @ 99.7 stock, so you're at least trapping around 100 + which should translate into a GOOD ET. As for the Greddy kitted Z's-- they put down about 350 @ 5.5 psi, 450 @ 9 (only one guy running 9, many running the stock 5.5).
    I have no idea what I would trap but I am betting over 100. Maybe 103 or so maybe higher? I would have to see what most stage4 setups run and then substract a few mph, because I am a tad more conservative.

stage 4's average 105-108mph with vf34. and i've seen some do 110mph