Wrx, 350z
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Wrx, 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I was making a left turn onto a highway and a Z just happened to come zooming up right ...

fre

Wrx, 350z

Well I was making a left turn onto a highway and a Z just happened to come zooming up right behind me. I was delighted at this point and wanted to see what my new mods could do. I hammered it after the left and the Z followed but I think I made a few cars ground. It was hard to tell because there was about a 2 second lapse between us, but he certainly didn't gain until I let off for another car in front of me. Hurray for VF34. I would have liked to have a better run, but waaay too much traffic. I think even with my conservative tune, I would edge one out from even a roll though. Oh and I didn't launch I just rolled out, because I knew there would be a lapse time until he went. Oh and I have a COBB 2.5 map with the vf34, injectors, FP. This is the first worthy car I have run into so far, except the civic when I was stock. I want to run into him again now

I can't even get any mustangs to look at me, but when I had my corolla they would all go flying by Ricers drive like gramps when they are around me even when I was stock hohoho I love it
    Last edited by fre; 02-18-2004 at 08:55 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you should be able to pull nicely against a 350z with yer mods i hope. i keep dead even with them till 90mph at stage 2

If driven properly, the Z is a pretty good contender from a roll. Back when I had a vf34, I ran a buddy with just an intake/exhaust on his Z. We were dead even from 40 to about 80, then as soon as I shifted into 4th I was gone. I really want to see what the boosted ones can do. Good run though!
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

Originally posted by BassMan097
    If driven properly, the Z is a pretty good contender from a roll. Back when I had a vf34, I ran a buddy with just an intake/exhaust on his Z. We were dead even from 40 to about 80, then as soon as I shifted into 4th I was gone. I really want to see what the boosted ones can do. Good run though!
    I think the boosted ones put down somewhere around 350whp.... or is that the Procharged ones....Not sure how you would do against on from a roll...From a stop though, should be pretty entertaining...

One of the perks of living where I do (Canada) is that the chances of running across something like that are between slim to none....

90% of owners get nice rims and bodykits, but don't boost power....
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

greddy said their twin-turbo setup for the 350 should output around 340whp at 8psi. don't quote me on that, but iirc that's what i've heard. then again, that's from a mag.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

fre
    Originally posted by jigga
    I think the boosted ones put down somewhere around 350whp.... or is that the Procharged ones....Not sure how you would do against on from a roll...From a stop though, should be pretty entertaining...

One of the perks of living where I do (Canada) is that the chances of running across something like that are between slim to none....

90% of owners get nice rims and bodykits, but don't boost power....
    Same here... the only cars I notice that have mods are other wrxs and there are only like 2 of them in town.

Good kill/run

If you're keepin up with one on the fwy, you'll MURDER us @ the track! Good run man. I trapped @ 99.7 stock, so you're at least trapping around 100 + which should translate into a GOOD ET. As for the Greddy kitted Z's-- they put down about 350 @ 5.5 psi, 450 @ 9 (only one guy running 9, many running the stock 5.5).

fre

Re: Good kill/run

Originally posted by Sosa
    If you're keepin up with one on the fwy, you'll MURDER us @ the track! Good run man. I trapped @ 99.7 stock, so you're at least trapping around 100 + which should translate into a GOOD ET. As for the Greddy kitted Z's-- they put down about 350 @ 5.5 psi, 450 @ 9 (only one guy running 9, many running the stock 5.5).
    I have no idea what I would trap but I am betting over 100. Maybe 103 or so maybe higher? I would have to see what most stage4 setups run and then substract a few mph, because I am a tad more conservative.

stage 4's average 105-108mph with vf34. and i've seen some do 110mph

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.