me (WRX) vs. 3.2 tl type-s
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on me (WRX) vs. 3.2 tl type-s within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; last night at 2 AM i was on my way home cruising at 80-85. upon entering the freeway i saw ...

me (WRX) vs. 3.2 tl type-s

last night at 2 AM i was on my way home cruising at 80-85. upon entering the freeway i saw a car in the distance w/ HIDs coming sorta fast but i though tnothing of it. i entered the freeway and saw it in the fast lane coming up sorta fast. so i slowed back down to 80 to see what it was. it was a brand new tl type s that was lowered. it floored it, i floored it in 5th but it was pulling a bit, so i downshifted to 4th, kept it there up to 6k and shifted into 5th all while pulling on him. i got a little past him flashed my hazards and slowed down cuz i was getting scared. i didnt wanan look to see how fast i was going cuz i dont like going fast. but surely i was passed 120. im never doing that again.

oh i have turboback exhaust thats it
    free food is the best food

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

With just an exhaust, I find that hard to believe. Maybe he wasn't trying or something. A WRX excels at 0-100 but once you get to 80 and above, that is in a tl type s's sweet spot. It pulls hard in that range. Not saying that your story is BS, just that it is hard to believe a WRX will pull on a type S at that speed. If that is how it happened, than congrats.

And so it starts...
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics,whether you win or lose,you're still retarded.

Complaint Department

0-60 you should beat him by atleast 1 sec., but after that he should have been gaining on you(by very little) or at the least staying next to you.

His performance specs:

http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2037a.shtml

Your car's stock performance specs:
    http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2036a.shtml

Interesting that the Acura has better mpg on the highway vs a WRX...

Ppower

ok maybe he wasnt trying. i have no idea. but from what i saw i was winning

Brand new engine, not fully broken in yet and he is racing aleady. for the tl-s.
    He should be able to pull on you on the top end, it might have been an automatic or something.

Nice kill, mario!

FYI, there is no manual transmission for TL-S. All TLs have 5 speed automatic tranny. Only CL-S started getting manual transmission earlier this year.

I haven't raced any TL-S or CL-S on the freeway, so I'm not really sure how fast they are, but I think it's very possible for a WRX to pull on a TL-S with a turboback exhaust(cat-less just like mario's).

thanks for the love tristine u have faith in my

ya i have godspeed downpipe and kakimoto gt1z

You still haven't left yet?? I'm about to leave right now... Imma be a little late well c ya there

Originally posted by JDMario
    ok maybe he wasnt trying. i have no idea. but from what i saw i was winning
    If you're going over 100mph and staying close to each other I'm sure he's trying

I have a Cl-type s, same engine as the TL-S, and the top end is not all that impressive with the automatic. From 60-100 it hits pretty hard, but after 100 you have to down shift to 4th because 5th gear is horrible in the Acura. Having both cars, I can accelerate much quicker in 4th in the WRX than I can in the Acura.

Originally posted by Ppower

Interesting that the Acura has better mpg on the highway vs a WRX...

Ppower
    Not really considering the WRX is AWD and probably has a bit more drag...
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

Interestingly enough, I ran one last night too from a 20km/h roll up to 110 km/h. I did not pull on him, and he did not pull on me. It was absolutely dead even. Those things are pretty quick! I know that if I was stock, I would have had my ass handed to me, but since I am not stock, I hoped that it would be close.That close encounter gave me the encouragement I needed to look into picking up an unpipe and a downpipe for my ride.Oh yes.. that, and the fact that I got RAPED by a Ferrari 355 Berlinetta a couple of hours prior to running in to the TL. Those things sound SWEET
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Just about 20 minutes ago on my way home from mountain biking i got into a little spat with a new CL Type-S. Mt. bike securely strapped to my trunk I'm waiting at this light getting ready to turn left onto the main highway. I see the HIDs behind me and I also see the rice-blue corner maker bulbs LOL. So not intending to race (BS) I merge onto the highway with the CL-S behind me at a normal distance, I start cruising about 75-80 and he starts to pass me. I let him get in front and then I get behind him. he starts going faster so...I start going faster Hehe. So we are both cruising about 90-95 and we come up on some traffic. As soon as the traffic let up, we both punched it from 80mph. I was in third and by the end of third I had pulled over the next lane and was starting to pass him. By the end of fourth i was ahead of him by 2-3 cars at which point (130mph) I put it into 5th and was at 4 car lenghts ahead. I wasnt pulling in 5th gear (not surprised) but he wasnt catching up. thats when reality and fear set in and I shut down to a more legal 65. I get the ubiquitous ricer flyby and that was the end of that.

So the answer to the question? YES, a wrx can easily pull on a TL-S or CL-S all the way through 3rd and all the way through 4th. Any non type-S is going to get utterly destroyed.

I havent had a nice rice run like that in a long time. Nobody wants to race me where i live
    02 WRX Silver, 03 Baja Yellow

I agree with the WRX being able to beat the CL-S or TL-S, but I don't think you can call a CL-S a ricer, even with those lights.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast