me (WRX) vs. 3.2 tl type-s - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on me (WRX) vs. 3.2 tl type-s within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ...

RSXracer200

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

RSXracer200

Re: me (WRX) vs. 3.2 tl type-s

Originally posted by JDMario
    last night at 2 AM i was on my way home cruising at 80-85. upon entering the freeway i saw a car in the distance w/ HIDs coming sorta fast but i though tnothing of it. i entered the freeway and saw it in the fast lane coming up sorta fast. so i slowed back down to 80 to see what it was. it was a brand new tl type s that was lowered. it floored it, i floored it in 5th but it was pulling a bit, so i downshifted to 4th, kept it there up to 6k and shifted into 5th all while pulling on him. i got a little past him flashed my hazards and slowed down cuz i was getting scared. i didnt wanan look to see how fast i was going cuz i dont like going fast. but surely i was passed 120. im never doing that again.

oh i have turboback exhaust thats it

i have a rsx-s, my firend has a wrx, another friend of mine has a tl-s and his parents have a cl-s....on the highway i pull on my friends wrx pretty hard and the cl and tl both pull on me pretty hard sooooo..................................BS!

Well, then your friend's WRX must be stock and JDMario's is not. So please read more carefully before you call BS on here. Do you see a lot of people on this board that call BS? No, right? Thank you. Have a good night.

RSXracer200
    Originally posted by TristineLim
    Well, then your friend's WRX must be stock and JDMario's is not. So please read more carefully before you call BS on here. Do you see a lot of people on this board that call BS? No, right? Thank you. Have a good night.
    i have a intake, my friend has intake and cat back....mario has turbo back, come on open your eyes....i understand u like your car but be sencable and don't lie to yourself, something is up with mario.

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by RSXracer200

i have a intake, my friend has intake and cat back....mario has turbo back, come on open your eyes....i understand u like your car but be sencable and don't lie to yourself, something is up with mario.
    Do you know what kind of intake it was? If it was a CAI, then it probably doesn't do him much good, if anything. Thus, if it was a CAI, you'll see a lot more gains from a turbo-back than a cat-back. Running with no cats makes a pretty big difference than running with two cats. If it wasn't a CAI (like a Blitz), then I can kinda understand, but only to a point, since that was close to my old setup for a long time (Blitz intake and axle-back).

Not trying to argue one way or another, just merely pointing out some facts.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Damn, something was wrong with my DSL for the last 10 mins or so. I couldn't reply!

Thanx Verdugo for the explanation. I was trying to say the same thing.

RSXRacer, my point was that there are many other ways to express your opinion than just simply calling BS. If you don't like his story, then fine. Don't wanna believe that he beat a TL-s with "only" a turbo back exhaust? Fine. But how are you going to expect us to believe your story when you don't believe other people's stories?

RSXracer200
    Originally posted by TristineLim
    Damn, something was wrong with my DSL for the last 10 mins or so. I couldn't reply!

Thanx Verdugo for the explanation. I was trying to say the same thing.

RSXRacer, my point was that there are many other ways to express your opinion than just simply calling BS. If you don't like his story, then fine. Don't wanna believe that he beat a TL-s with "only" a turbo back exhaust? Fine. But how are you going to expect us to believe your story when you don't believe other people's stories?
    because my story is true...and u know it. you can't sit there and tell me that u beleive a wrx with only a turbo back can keep let alone beat a cl or tl type s

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX

because my story is true...and u know it. you can't sit there and tell me that u beleive a wrx with only a turbo back can keep let alone beat a cl or tl type s
    Considering that Mario admitted that the Acura might have not have been trying and that he barely got ahead of him, I don't think it's fair to call "BS" on this. Mario's not saying that "Yeah, he was trying his best but he still couldn't beat me" or anything like that...so why call "BS?" He totally admits that it wasn't anything like that, so to me, that makes his story all the more believable...just like 2001S4 said, "hard to believe" but not "BS."
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)

Damn!!! stupid DSL...........

ok anyways we hit 2nd page with this thread!! haha

Well, I just did sit here and told you that I believe a wrx with only a turbo back exhaust will be able to beat a cl or tl s.

FYI, WRX has 3 cats. 1 before the turbo and 2 after the turbo. And getting rid of 2 cats after the turbo will yield more power than simply putting on an intake and a cat-back exhaust. And there is too much variables in street racing to decide which car is faster(i.e. driver, who started first). It's all about having a little bit of fun.... safely of course!!

RSXracer200
    please he said he was in 5th and floored it and then when he saw the tl stretching he downshifted and passed him...u expect me to believe he passed the tl like that especialy since the tl had the momentum already with only a turbo back ...come on guys think about it.

Ok, That's it. I'm going to sleep. Good night, guys!

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    He also said "maybe he wasn't trying" so that sums it up right there.

'Night

RSXracer200
    he didn't beat him then...in fact he got beat, the tl might had shut it down and what he thinks of as catching him and passing him was infact a rice flyby

he didn't beat him then...in fact he got beat, the tl might had shut it down and what he thinks of as catching him and passing him was infact a rice flyby
    Give it a rest already. You weren't there. I said so myself I find it hard to believe, but it doesn't mean it didn't happen. WRX is NOT a slow car. Both cars suffer from the same problem. BOTH cars are said to have horrible 4th gears and don't pull quite so hard in that gear. With that said, mild upgrades could help out the WRX in that department. And EVERYONE knows it is easier to modify a turbo car.

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm with 2001S4 here...seriously man...I like the fact that we have a diverse community on this board who drive different cars, but do you ever give our WRXs props, other than off the line? It's perfectly okay to find it hard to believe or to not believe it at all, but calling it a ricer flyby? What's the point in that? That's not disputing his claim anymore, that's just hating on him...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.