WRX versus Nissan Sentra Spec V
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX versus Nissan Sentra Spec V within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ahh... My first kill of the year... Granted, I shouldn't have bothered wasting my gas racing the Yellow Sentra SER ...

WRX versus Nissan Sentra Spec V

Ahh... My first kill of the year...

Granted, I shouldn't have bothered wasting my gas racing the Yellow Sentra SER SpecV, but he begged for it.

I was cruising this evening with my Yorkie riding shotgun in a 40mph zone on a 2 lane road...I was in 3rd gear riding in the slow lane, when I noticed the headlights of a car behind me. Now, if the persone wanted to pass, he easily could do so by moving into the left lane and passing, but no.... He just stayed behind me.... After about a 30 secs of maintaining 40mph with the car on my butt, I increased my speed to 50mph, only for him to bump up his speed as well and continue on my bumper...

At this point, I swung out to the left lane, and the Sentra pulled up beside me.. I was expecting him to go right by, but NOOOO! He insisted on lining up with me I was LMAO at the time because I knew what was about to happen, and knew that he had ZERO chance.... Unless he happened to be packing more power than I had. It was also at this point that I saw the "SPEC V" written on the side of the car, so I knew what exactly I was dealing with.

With the Sentra driver beside me at this time, I decided to slow down a bit JUST to see if this guy was really wanting to make a go of it... I stayed in 3rd gear, and reduced my speed to 40mph, and then to 30mph. Surely enough, he did the same...

He then went for 2nd gear, and went for it. I stayed in 3rd gear as well, and gave gas... I know that I should have gone to second, but I was not worried about losing this one

He got the jump on me by about a car (his rear mumper was at my front bumper) while my turbo spun up to speed... As soon as 4 grand hit though, I went flying right by him like he was sitting still.. At 70mph, I let off.. I noticed that I had about a couple of bus lengths on him.....

When I slowed back down again to 40mph, I noticed that he kept a distance of about 2 carlengths behined me, and did not want to come up next to me to exchange pleasantries

Looked like sour grapes to me... But that should teach him a lesson Granted, he might have a better chance against other WRXen around here, but he wasn't having his way with me I think he decided to pick on me though perhaps because since it is still cold up here, I am still on my winter steel rims, so the car looks pretty bland and unassuming... We have had some really warm weather over the past week, so the roads were bone dry.

Mods are numerous, but I have an 1820 turbo and supporting mods pumping out 18psi of boost. Dynoed at around 302whp at my last dyno tune... I have since then added a Gruppe S header, Perrin short ram, alcohol injection, and a few other bits and pieces..

I was really impressed with the performance of my car though despite the fact that it feels like a dog to me..... Since we started getting the winter gas, my car has lost a lot of kick... 94 octane gas feels more like 91 octane, and it sucks.... Can't wait till summer gas comes back
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

SpecV almost runs par with RSX-S. so IMO, they are worth stock rexers' gas.

I've had one that was revving behind me, with his license plate that says "stage 3." I highly doubt it was turboed. Neway, I lined up with him at a stop light and he made a left turn.

I think their front looks like skyline.

boring!
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Originally posted by slin02
    boring!
    I wasn't gonna bother at first too!. Usually, I go after LS1-equipped cars, but this dude was just sitting beside me and BEGGING for a spanking! I like to think that I am a generous person, so I let him have it!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

"Holy long-winded story Batman!"

Nice kill. I went up against one once... only the guy that was driving the Sentra had a 75 shot so it was pretty damn close!

Originally posted by Sotbas
    "Holy long-winded story Batman!"
    Oh I like to try to include every detail of the story as I saw it... Helps the reader place themself in my driver's seat! Plus it takes any ambiguity out of the story for the doubters out there

02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by jigga
    Oh I like to try to include every detail of the story as I saw it... Helps the reader place themself in my driver's seat! Plus it takes any ambiguity out of the story for the doubters out there

Gotcha... makes sense

nice run, i think sentras se-r vspec are worth the gas for stock wrx's, but from a roll is only where the race will even be remotely close. was the sentra modded or looked stock?

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    nice run, i think sentras se-r vspec are worth the gas for stock wrx's, but from a roll is only where the race will even be remotely close. was the sentra modded or looked stock?
    Oh I hold absolutely no illusions that they are close to a stock wrx.. Especially with that 2.5 motor for insta-torque...

I am not sure if the Sentra was modded to be honest, I'd assume stock.It had the stock SER rims on it (the 17's), and was yellow in colour.. I didn't hear an exhaust of any kind on the car... sounded bog stock.. 98% of people around here don't mod for power. This is partly bacause Canadians make less money (on average) than our friends in the USA. This helps explain why the WRX is slightly cheaper up here than it is down in the US (if you convert the US price).. As a result, they have less $$ to not only spend on a car, but to mod the car as well.. If they mod at all, they get a fart pipe, and intake then call it a day as far as power... They then blow the rest of the cash on rims, big wings, neon kits, and other bits and pieces to hold their cars down at speed.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by nyxjf
    SpecV almost runs par with RSX-S. so IMO, they are worth stock rexers' gas.

Not from a roll they aren't.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

str
    I raced one of those Nissans in my WRX Wagon when I was stock and it wasn't even close.
    2004 Black Forester XT

anyone ever a raced a 04 spec v my friend owns one with exhaust ,header, and cold air intake, he beats up on engine swaped civic hatchs, and alota other powerful cars.
    also did you know what year it was because suposedly the new 04s are faster and better made then the 02s and 03s
    Eternal blue pearl
    squential sport shift

the only problem is jigga is somewhere aound 300 whp (or more) with his WRX. IMO, yup it is waste of gas. arragon PE turbo owners !
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Originally posted by donmeca2020
    also did you know what year it was because suposedly the new 04s are faster and better made then the 02s and 03s

Nahh.. I can't say that I know what year that the car was... All I know was the colour of the car, and the fact that it had "spec V" written on the side of it... Not sure how much faster the 04's are than the previous ones.. All I know was that it didn't put up much of a fight... It did sound pretty smooth though while he was trying to get my attention... I am sure he was wondering what hit him though after I left him standing (figuratively speaking)
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by donmeca2020
    anyone ever a raced a 04 spec v my friend owns one with exhaust ,header, and cold air intake, he beats up on engine swaped civic hatchs, and alota other powerful cars.
    my friend has an 04 spec V that is stock. It is a pretty quick car, but the low redline kinda hurts it. Its a real low 15sec car stock, so with his mods he could be running mid 14's and up. the swapped civics must be weak though, even a GSR motor hatch with average bolt on's is good for low 14's or better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.