WRX versus Nissan Sentra Spec V - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX versus Nissan Sentra Spec V within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by slin02 the only problem is jigga is somewhere aound 300 whp (or more) with his WRX. IMO, ...

Originally posted by slin02
    the only problem is jigga is somewhere aound 300 whp (or more) with his WRX. IMO, yup it is waste of gas. arragon PE turbo owners !
    arrogant?? Nahhh! We're just VERY confident!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I traded in my WRX for a 2004 SE-R Spec V about 6 months ago, and I can confirm that the '04 Spec Vs do run quite strong. The Spec V actually feels faster than the WRX (very torquey with accompanying torque steer, and stiff suspension which provides lots of feedback), but the WRX is a bit quicker without a doubt. Based on a few 1/4 mile timeslips I've seen, stock '04 Spec Vs have trapped at 92 mph, so from a roll, they should definitely put up a decent fight with a WRX, losing out by a bit in the end.

I really enjoy my Spec V, and while it's not really in the same class as a WRX, stock for stock, I have more fun driving the Spec. Feels like a go-kart and is great for scooting around town.

If I'd had the $$ to modifiy my WRX (tires, suspension, ECU, exhaust, motor/tranny mounts, poly bushings, close-ratio gearbox and steering rack) I would have kept it... basically, I wanted an STi! The stock WRX was a bit disappointing, especially with my gigantic monthly payments. Hopefully I'll be back here posting regularly about my new STi in a couple of years

thats all very assureing . still its hard to believe that a modded 04 spec V can possibly take a wrx. are the 04 wrxs at all quicker then the older wrxs? i mean if there is no significant diffrence then i might just have to get me a sti. im just about at ready to go purchase one of these monsters just im not sure how my financial position will be at the time in the next few months.
    Last edited by donmeca2020; 02-26-2004 at 01:18 PM.
    Eternal blue pearl
    squential sport shift

y not?

Originally posted by nyxjf
    y not?
    Yeah, what he said

Just about any car can be modded to beat a stock WRX... just comes down to time and money.

A Spec V with bolt-ons (intake/header/exhaust/pulley, about $1000 total using budget parts) traps at 94-96 mph, add cams and fuel computer and you'll hit 96-98 mph. Not phenomenal, but pretty good for a cheap econo-box and competitive with some much higher-class cars. And the Spec V really handles amazingly well for its price - latest issue of SCC it beat the WRX STi in the slalom course.

A very good 60' time for a Spec V is 2.2s, so we'll always lose on the launch Oh well, it's cheap ($15,000 less than the WRX here in Canada) and fun and that's all I car about right now. I do miss the WRX scene though... it's more mature and sophisticated without a doubt. Check out the Spec V forums and you'll know what I mean I come back here from time to time to reminisce about the good ol' days!

what exactly does a stock 04 wrx run on the track anyways? my friend with a 04 spec v with i/h/e ran a 14.4 on the track
    Eternal blue pearl
    squential sport shift

Originally posted by donmeca2020
    what exactly does a stock 04 wrx run on the track anyways? my friend with a 04 spec v with i/h/e ran a 14.4 on the track
    That's a good time for the Spec V with those mods, and 14.4s is right about what a stock 04 WRX would run in the 1/4. Of course, spend the same money in mods for the WRX and you'll run high 13's!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.