modded rex vs vette and vs porsche c4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on modded rex vs vette and vs porsche c4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; the vettes cant hang at all and the porsche out braked me but i had him through 110 where we ...

modded rex vs vette and vs porsche c4

the vettes cant hang at all and the porsche out braked me but i had him through 110 where we both backed down for safety concerns. these were both at 55 or so till 100+

and i still have yet to beat by a honda or mustang(they suck and are cocky)...
    Have you been beaten by a wagon lately?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

'Vettes can't hang? WTF? I know you have an extensive list of mods, but I'm sure there are plenty of 'Vettes that can hang with you.

As far as never being beat by a Honda or a Mustang, I'm sure you just haven't run across the right one yet. I'm sure there are plenty of 10-11 second Cobra's on the street that could take it to you.

You're just a "little" cocky there, aren't you?
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

smokey,

the whole thing smells like something you step in.

I'm laughing at the part about 'out braking'. Since when on the street has that been an item that someone talks about?

On the track, it's arguable more important than acceleration, but on a street race post, why would you post that?

I definitely think it's
    Scott in Houston

I Support ClubWRX
    Vague and arrogant. I would think that with his mods, a C5 Vette would still give him quite a contest from a roll, and a Z06 would eat him alive. Ditto the late model Cobra.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Originally posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Vague and arrogant. I would think that with his mods, a C5 Vette would still give him quite a contest from a roll, and a Z06 would eat him alive. Ditto the late model Cobra.
    Not to mention the C4 he claims he beat (assuming it's a 996).
    Scott in Houston

fre
    arrogant and yes there will always be a faster car, but I wouldn't necisarrily call bs, because I have seen a few z06s run at the track and they have yet to really impress me. They were getting mid 13's (the drivers could have just sucked?, but if that's the case the 2 or 3 different drivers I saw all sucked). The elevation is about 2000ft I believe at the track. Now if they are modded then it is over BTW this is the same track I see stage2ish (exhaust, mbc) wrxs consistently pull 13.6s. Now they do have a slight advantage from a roll, but I would say a wrx running those kinda numbers could hang. Of course past 120 I think the vette if it was a z06 would walk right by, but a stock C5 would definitely have its hands full even at those speeds with a wrx that heavily modded.
    Last edited by fre; 02-18-2004 at 11:52 AM.

Originally posted by fre
    arrogant and yes there will always be a faster car, but I wouldn't necisarrily call bs, because I have seen a few z06s run at the track and they have yet to really impress me. They were getting mid 13's (the drivers could have just sucked?, but if that's the case the 2 or 3 different drivers I saw all sucked). The elevation is about 2000ft I believe at the track. Now if they are modded then it is over BTW this is the same track I see stage2ish (exhaust, mbc) wrxs consistently pull 13.6s. Now they do have a slight advantage from a roll, but I would say a wrx running those kinda numbers could hang. Of course past 120 I think the vette if it was a z06 would walk right by, but a stock C5 would definitely have its hands full even at those speeds with a wrx that heavily modded.
    So if I were to go to my local track and witness 3 STI's run high 13s, I then have the right to assume that all STI's will run in that range?

I know you're not generalizing like that, but still...Z06's with good drivers will hit 12s all day long. Cobra's with good driver's will hit 12s all day long. Just because you have a few terrible Z06 drivers at your track doesn't mean that the car shouldn't run those times.

It goes both ways and people aren't looking at it that way. I have seen WRX's run high 14s, so I guess its fair to say that I can smash all of them, right? Naw, didn't think so.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

str
    Vettes are pretty bad ass. I raced a C5 in my modded WRX and after I came out of second gear he spanked me. Also, he was spinning his tires all the way through first and second gear and was still pulling on me. Those things are even more beastly on the highway.
    2004 Black Forester XT

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by fre
    because I have seen a few z06s run at the track and they have yet to really impress me. They were getting mid 13's (the drivers could have just sucked?,
    I think you've either been watching non-Z06 model vettes, or the drivers aren't terribly gifted. I hope in the next year to be at Cobb's full Stage 3. That will mean a VF34 turbo, STi inj, fuel pump, ic, supporting mods. Should give me a fairly mean little car.

But I have no illusions. I'm quite sure that a Z06 on the highway will STILL wipe the floor with me...
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Originally posted by smokey
    "... I'm sure you just haven't run across the right one yet."
    very very true indeed

fre
    Originally posted by smokey
    So if I were to go to my local track and witness 3 STI's run high 13s, I then have the right to assume that all STI's will run in that range?

I know you're not generalizing like that, but still...Z06's with good drivers will hit 12s all day long. Cobra's with good driver's will hit 12s all day long. Just because you have a few terrible Z06 drivers at your track doesn't mean that the car shouldn't run those times.

It goes both ways and people aren't looking at it that way. I have seen WRX's run high 14s, so I guess its fair to say that I can smash all of them, right? Naw, didn't think so.
    Actually a lot of the sti drivers I saw run couldn't get below 14 so that is that. I just think it is interesting how much a driver can make a difference when just going in a straight line I have to say most of the regular wrxs I saw I would say 60 percent got into the 13s and only a few ran crappy high 14s or 15s. Of course there are more of them than stis or zo6s, so. And they were Definitely zo6s it said it on the car, plus they had the z06 wheels too. Part of it could be the track was pretty cold, makes traction a *****. So let me rephrase my statement as you interpreted it... all zo6 drivers lick nuts, oh wait that's right I didn't say that
    Last edited by fre; 02-18-2004 at 11:58 PM.

fre
    I think you've either been watching non-Z06 model vettes, or the drivers aren't terribly gifted. I hope in the next year to be at Cobb's full Stage 3. That will mean a VF34 turbo, STi inj, fuel pump, ic, supporting mods. Should give me a fairly mean little car.

But I have no illusions. I'm quite sure that a Z06 on the highway will STILL wipe the floor with me...
    I doubt wipe the floor with you.... I would say once you get to 140ish probably just because of aerodynamics and a slight power advantage. They do hit in the 170s I believe and a full stage 4 rex could probably hit 160 max.

I'm quite sure that a Z06 on the highway will STILL wipe the floor with me...
    Yes it will.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Originally posted by AjIsDope
    Yes it will.
    Now that was blunt! I see you subscribe to the K.I.S.S addage in life?
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by AjIsDope
    Yes it will.
    And that's fine! If I had spent >$50,000 on a sportscar, I'd be dissappointed if it couldn't beat a feeble little four-banger...
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.