modded rex vs vette and vs porsche c4 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on modded rex vs vette and vs porsche c4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by smokey Ok, every car is very driver dependent. Every car takes skill to drive properly. And no ...

Originally posted by smokey
    Ok, every car is very driver dependent. Every car takes skill to drive properly.

And no car is that fast with a bad driver behind the wheel.

But I think you completely missed my point. Oh well....

My point was that some cars are more driver dependent than others.
    My A4 LT1 and LS1 z28s were not all that driver dependent.
    All you had to do is heat the tires and floor the gas. Didn't take much skill. Any average Joe off the street could run good times.

In my WRX and STi, the driver really needs to have some seat time and practice. It took me a while to learn how to launch my WRX when I first got it. I ran some really bad times at the track. My STi has also taken some getting used to. The shifts are fast and frequent. 4th gear comes at 75mph, 5th at 95mph

And about RSX - S. vs an STi.
    Most the RSX-S, I see at the track run 15s. Most the STi's I see at the track run 13s.
    Thats a pretty large gap.
    Thats like me comparing my STi to cars that run mid 11s. Its a stretch. But anything can happen in racing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Logic
    very sorry then, been under my car too much lately, It has had more flight time lately than driving time, but the clutch is fixed. finally. As you can tell from my post count, im new to these forums, but not to the car. What did you think 55 to 110 meant?
    No need to get testy; I was actually trying to give you a break and be friendly to you.

Many people talk about their rolling acceleration from one speed to another, in a straight line. For example, from 55 to 110. In such a circumstance, whether or not you can "out brake" someone is irrelevant to the discussion. Braking would be relevant if you were road-racing, that is, going around corners and such.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Originally posted by Logic
    Most professional race teams improve speed by improving braking, kind of a basic concept. If you slow down faster from a similar speed, you can brake later and thus you have reached a point beyond the other person, that puts you ahead of them. and if you cant tell, i am a smart a$$ so please take this lightly, see you at moroso on Sunday.
    I road race a lot. I've been out with EVO's, WRX's, and everything in between. I had a 2000 and 2002 Carrera 2, and for braking, you're right. There's very few cars that can outbrake one, and if you're roadracing, it gives the Porsches a major advantage. I've passed many-a-faster car than mine by doing 50 mph while they're braking down to 30 for a very tight turn, or maintaining 100 mph, while they're creeping down to 80 or so because I know I can get to 80 or so much deeper into the track.

Your car must be pretty nicely modified to even stay close to a C4 or C2 in a road race scenario (assuming equal drivers).

In your original post, I never would have taken out of that that you were road racing and turning, but there the driver matters so much and odds are none of them have even tracked their car.

Have fun with your car. Get it on the track if you haven't yet. You'd be amazed at what you can learn and do in your car. WRX's are excellent track cars!
    If you have tracked it, ignore the above paragraph because you already know.

Scott in Houston

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123