modded rex vs vette and vs porsche c4 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on modded rex vs vette and vs porsche c4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by fre Actually a lot of the sti drivers I saw run couldn't get below 14 so that ...

Originally posted by fre
    Actually a lot of the sti drivers I saw run couldn't get below 14 so that is that. I just think it is interesting how much a driver can make a difference when just going in a straight line I have to say most of the regular wrxs I saw I would say 60 percent got into the 13s and only a few ran crappy high 14s or 15s. Of course there are more of them than stis or zo6s, so. And they were Definitely zo6s it said it on the car, plus they had the z06 wheels too. Part of it could be the track was pretty cold, makes traction a *****. So let me rephrase my statement as you interpreted it... all zo6 drivers lick nuts, oh wait that's right I didn't say that
    Haha, you said you wouldn't call BS because YOU personally have seen 2-3 Z06's run ****ty times. I don't see what's so unfair about the way I interpreted your statements. In fact, I believe I said the same thing to you, just used a different car.

You got all defensive and said "all z06 drivers lick nuts, oh wait, that's right I didn't say that." I never implied that you said that. All I implied was that your observations of ****ty ass drivers led you to believe that this story could be true. And like I said, if I observed 3 STI's run 14s then I could assume that a race between an RSX-S and an STI could be won by the RSX-S. WE're both using personal observations, just different cars.

If you disagree with that, you might as well retract everything you've already said
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by smokey
    So if I were to go to my local track and witness 3 STI's run high 13s, I then have the right to assume that all STI's will run in that range?

I know you're not generalizing like that, but still...Z06's with good drivers will hit 12s all day long. Cobra's with good driver's will hit 12s all day long. Just because you have a few terrible Z06 drivers at your track doesn't mean that the car shouldn't run those times.

It goes both ways and people aren't looking at it that way. I have seen WRX's run high 14s, so I guess its fair to say that I can smash all of them, right? Naw, didn't think so.

The STi and the WRX for that matter are very driver dependent.

It takes a good launch and fast redline shifting to get an STi down the track fast. Not everyone can do it.

One day I was at Bradenton Motorpark in my 02 WRX. I had exhaust, unichip, boost controller. A buddy of mine had the exact setup as me. I ran 13. 3s - 13.5s all day long. He ran 14.2s _ 14.5s all day long. The difference was the driver. How do I know. I drove his car down the track and pulled a 13.4 @ 99mph. The same car he had been running 14.4s all day long.

I ran 12.7 @ 108mph in my with a stage 4 setup in my 02 WRX. I've seen guys run low 14s with stage 4 setups? Thats just bad driving or very conservative driving.

And to swing it back to LS1's etc. On my 13.0 @ 104 mph run in my STi, I beat a Z06 Vette by 1-2 cars. So Z06 Vettes aren't all that fast with a bad driver behind the wheel.

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    The STi and the WRX for that matter are very driver dependent.

So Z06 Vettes aren't all that fast with a bad driver behind the wheel.
    Ok, every car is very driver dependent. Every car takes skill to drive properly.

And no car is that fast with a bad driver behind the wheel.

But I think you completely missed my point. Oh well....
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    And to swing it back to LS1's etc. On my 13.0 @ 104 mph run in my STi, I beat a Z06 Vette by 1-2 cars. So Z06 Vettes aren't all that fast with a bad driver behind the wheel.
    That's certainly going to be true. Put a bad enough driver behind the wheel of a Ferrari Enzo, and I'll beat him in my Stage 2 WRX. (wouldn't that be funny?!)

I guess all of my comments should be preceded with "Drivers being equal", since I'm really talking about car potential.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

that would be pretty tough to beat a Enzo with a bad driver...they have paddle shifters, and if you cant shift right with paddle shifters...well then you have a bigger problem than just not being able to drive!

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, I was really just using an extreme to make a point. My wife hasn't got a CLUE how to drive a streetrace. Put us at a light, her in the Enzo, me in the WRX, and it would be interesting. She'd probably leave the line late, shift WAY low, and yeah, you're right, she'd probably still win due to 650 hp.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

wow, that original post was completely arrogant and vague. since when does braking give you an advantage in a contest of acceleration?

Originally posted by ervv173
    wow, that original post was completely arrogant and vague. since when does braking give you an advantage in a contest of acceleration?
    when the porsche driver is braking simply to slow down and he is doing a ricer flyby....

Maybe the Guy in the Vette was not racing you, considering that you are making about the same hp numbers and your wagon weighs 3100 lbs and I believe the C5 is 88 pounds heavier. Considering your mods the race should of had been close from a roll.
    Last edited by Drod; 02-20-2004 at 08:08 AM.

fre
    Originally posted by smokey
    Haha, you said you wouldn't call BS because YOU personally have seen 2-3 Z06's run ****ty times. I don't see what's so unfair about the way I interpreted your statements. In fact, I believe I said the same thing to you, just used a different car.

You got all defensive and said "all z06 drivers lick nuts, oh wait, that's right I didn't say that." I never implied that you said that. All I implied was that your observations of ****ty ass drivers led you to believe that this story could be true. And like I said, if I observed 3 STI's run 14s then I could assume that a race between an RSX-S and an STI could be won by the RSX-S. WE're both using personal observations, just different cars.

If you disagree with that, you might as well retract everything you've already said
    Actually I totally believe an rsx could beat an sti. If the drivers suck then bring them to me

pretentious to think that you know on any given day what a car will do in a street race, or a track competition. never driven down in south florida have you, people dont pass in the left lane they drive there and there are 5 lanes. so you have to break before a pack of cars going 55 in the left lanes, do some slower passing moves(dont want to kill someone). then when your clear again its on, you roll next to each other, go and hit as fast a speed as you can go then brake before the next pack. we do this over miles, not just one run. I will admit the drivers here(miami) have alot of money but not a lot of brains, many think extensive modding is rims exhaust and springs(not to offend any of you stage 1/2 guys) or driving skill. Maybe it wasn't a modded vette or a ZO6 but he still saw my tailpipe and there was an guy who spent alot more than me with an embarrassed look on his face. And yes our cars are extremely driver dependent, and Im no Sheehan or F1 driver, but im pretty quick on the track or on the street. And your right, under good track conditions car and driver tested the ZO6 to run a 12.7 1/4 mile and they say thats 2.4s faster than the C5. They also tested the SVT Cobra to runa 13.2 1/4. And to think that it might not even have been a ZO6, I never said it was. but either way it seems like 99.9% of Hondas and stangs have extensive decal mods and... an exhaust, rims, and springs... and think they can drive, hence the cocky attitude i was reffering to. And yes there are really fast Hondas and mustangs, but Im still waiting to meet them, not saying they dont exist, I know a guy who i want to race just to see him beat me with a turbo integra, but he talks the talk but never can race for one reason or another.... And if this is a correction or a specification it was a carrera 4s, i reffered to it as a C4, might be the same thing but i dont claim to know everything about all cars, all i know is what I did and that I would have had to spend alot more than i did for any of those cars. All cars are different as with drivers, but to think if i didn't miss a shift and shifted fast in my rex and maybe run just about as fast as a ZO6 can in the 1/4 then a C5 isnt much of a problem. And after 120 the porsche would work me, but i said till 110 or so. maybe you know what my car can do, since Im sure youve driven against me... And now that im trough venting, my original post was a quick late night post, a little vague, and a little cocky, but every time you make a boast its gonna be cocky. Next time ill get the official street race verification board to come out and document all the scientific factors that go into winning a street race like driving like you have a pair.

Kris from Miami
    Last edited by Logic; 02-20-2004 at 04:54 AM.
    Have you been beaten by a wagon lately?

Originally posted by eulerfx
    when the porsche driver is braking simply to slow down and he is doing a ricer flyby....
    hard to do a flyby when your at least a car length behind the whole time, until i hit the brakes at least.
    Last edited by Logic; 02-20-2004 at 05:08 AM.

Originally posted by ervv173
    Most professional race teams improve speed by improving braking, kind of a basic concept. If you slow down faster from a similar speed, you can brake later and thus you have reached a point beyond the other person, that puts you ahead of them. and if you cant tell, i am a smart a$$ so please take this lightly, see you at moroso on Sunday.
    Last edited by Logic; 02-20-2004 at 12:57 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    So it sounds like you've been road-racing, as opposed to drag racing. That information would have been very helpful from the beginning! Most posts to this forum concern the straight-line variety of racing...
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

very sorry then, been under my car too much lately, It has had more flight time lately than driving time, but the clutch is fixed. finally. As you can tell from my post count, im new to these forums, but not to the car. What did you think 55 to 110 meant?
    Last edited by Logic; 02-20-2004 at 05:21 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.