Jetta smokes a rex!!!!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Jetta smokes a rex!!!!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so im chillin in teh nooblar vw forums and i come across this post...wtf i took a dump in my ...

Jetta smokes a rex!!!!!!

so im chillin in teh nooblar vw forums and i come across this post...wtf i took a dump in my pants....u guys read this while i go clean myself....
    jetta owns a rex???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    WTLW

--Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

str
    I raced a modded Jetta once. From a roll and then from a dig. From a roll I pulled very slightly, we we're even really. From a dead stop I destroyed it. Yes, I dumped my clutch at about 4500 to get the launch. Same result against a stock GTI. From a roll we were dead even but from a stop I beat him by a good couple of cars. What's funny is that my new Forester feels much quicker, in the first two gears than my old Rex but the tests times of 0-60 are very close.
    2004 Black Forester XT

I am sorry but vw vortex is a horrible forum. What kind of car enthusiasts cannot find one decent thing to say about the WRX? Truth be told, WRX vs. R32 stock for stock would probably be dead even. In the turns, just put 17s with ZR rated tires on a WRX and you will be fine against the R32. I think the R32 is a great car. It looks cool, handles great, but its price, now common with all VWs, is a little high. Oh well they have their market. I just am starting to dislike the R32 based on what their ignorant owners have to say. In no way would I flame the R32 because I am a car enthusiast who appreciates all cars, especially sports cars. If we wanted to, we could nit pick all the issues with the R32 like the do with the WRX....how many times has your VW seen the shop? How about the fact that other then cool lights and leather the VWs interior is plastic like the WRXs?! I am tired of ignorance on these forums. Just wait til a WRX beats an R32 with a bad driver....maybe they can show us some respect. I am fukin mad now. I think i might go to test drive an R32 today and see if its the Shizit like they claim. BTW....for 30g id buy a GTI GLX with 6k worth of mods and kill a R32, WRX, STi, EVO, SRT and everything else..... if I were a vw guy.
    -Marc
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

I Support ClubWRX
    Some Vortex forums are better than others. It seems like I've said this about 10 times in the last month: The VW's are great cars with a different focus. If I was going to spend 30 G's, it just wouldn't be on that car, because I'd like a little more of the money biased towards performance. If I wanted luxury, the same money buys a G35 coupe, which, to my eye, is a beautiful car.

At the end of the day, though, I'd probably be looking at Evo's and STi's, because they have the money where I want it, and there are some issues with VW reliability.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

str
    If I had 30k to blow it would be on the STI or possibly the 350z. The STI is faster but the Z is still sweet for the money. Bang for the buck baby!
    2004 Black Forester XT

my gti runs 12s on 15000 grande including car so its all in in how you shop. no doubt u will get raped on the cost of a new volkswagen but if you want new get raped, i bought my car for 6grande and the rest was in buoilt performance including a new motor and tranny stage 2 turbo set up and other parts but truelly i want a rex wagan tahts why i am here
    if its not fast it better be a show car

Originally posted by j-style
    my gti runs 12s on 15000 grande including car so its all in in how you shop. no doubt u will get raped on the cost of a new volkswagen but if you want new get raped, i bought my car for 6grande and the rest was in buoilt performance including a new motor and tranny stage 2 turbo set up and other parts but truelly i want a rex wagan tahts why i am here
    still took you 9 grand ( not grande )to get in to the 12s..

anyone notice mili is posting over there about his new STi

brb guys i have to empty the contents of my underwear after reading that flame about the rex

As owner of an 03 Jetta GLI (6sp 200hp) and a 03 WRX (5sp 227hp) I can say this: The rex is faster. I will also say this: The rex feels slower. Same goes for the 1.8T, the rex is faster, but feels slower. I know this because I've run the cars side by side several times. This is all stock for stock of course. I attribute the butt dyno differences to the fact that the turbo in a fully catted rex is fairly laggy. Once you wring out a WRX it becomes quickly obvious that the WRX is faster.

The thing that I find funny is that the VW owners are like "I'll be driving by when your unreliable WRX is in the shop." Sorry, but everyone I know with a Jetta or a GTI has had several problems. Hell, my car has failed to start in normal temperatures several times and it only has 12000 miles. When I called VW they said "that's very common for VW's and Audis." I also ran a search on 'my car won't start" for my bodystyle Jetta on a few VW forums and came up with HUGE numbers of responses. Run the same search on NASIOC and you'll not find many. I love my VW and I love my rex, but no VW owner should EVER try to hold reliability over a Subaru.

Originally posted by sarcasmo

The thing that I find funny is that the VW owners are like "I'll be driving by when your unreliable WRX is in the shop." Sorry, but everyone I know with a Jetta or a GTI has had several problems. Hell, my car has failed to start in normal temperatures several times and it only has 12000 miles. When I called VW they said "that's very common for VW's and Audis." .
    haha

thats so true u call vw up and that says its common

ahhh, this is what i like about this board....nice calm well backed points...no flaming speculations and angry young kids...civilized ricers we are

I honestly try to stay away from most other car forums aside from supraforums due tp the sheer number of complete idiots who feel the need to trash other cars simply because they don't own them.

VWVortex is probably the worse, IMO. Alot of those guys are clueless.

"Hahaha, the regular WRX running 0-60 in 5.4? I dont think so. WRX is the most overrated car on the planet."

Explain how many people can repeatedly do low 14 second quarter mile runs in a stock car. I'd like to see a stock Jetta do that .

"I test drove a WRX and there is NO WAY that the WRX will post a 5.4 "

Okay, so this guy as some sort of mathmatical butt dyno and he knows this...

"I raced one in my stock 1.8T with him starting behind me so AWD launch wasn't a factor..(if he was faster, he would pull me and/or pass me) he wasn't faster in fact i pulled him...take it for what it is worth..." BULL****

Finally some people posted with the FACTS but got flamed. Those dudes are a waste of time.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

yeah i drive a vw and i personlly hate vortex those guys are totaly *******s even to vw owners

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast