Jetta smokes a rex!!!!!! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Jetta smokes a rex!!!!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, I've found the result of R32 vs. STi with downpipe...let's just say "NASTY" doesn't quite cover it. Oh, and ...

Well, I've found the result of R32 vs. STi with downpipe...let's just say "NASTY" doesn't quite cover it. Oh, and though not an R32 or Jetta or GTI or anything like that...my dad has a Cabrio and I HATE it. We've had a ton of problems with it, starting around 12,000 miles...electrical crap broke constantly and we've had problems with the brakes and snapping exhaust hangers (don't run this car hard at all, so that's confusing) and more. And the clutch is really awkward...

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

haha omg thats funny. I hope that they know the only thing that the r32 has over the rex is a very nice interior. The r32 is slower then the wrx. the wrx runs a 14.1 and the r32 runs 14.5. i dont know what those guys r talking about but i was laughing when i read their posts. O well its just there fault they went wit the vw's and got all mad about how nice the rex came out. well thats what i think about this subject. anyone agree wiith me??
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

haha omg thats funny. I hope that they know the only thing that the r32 has over the rex is a very nice interior. The r32 is slower then the wrx. the wrx runs a 14.1 and the r32 runs 14.5. i dont know what those guys r talking about but i was laughing when i read their posts. O well its just there fault they went wit the vw's and got all mad about how nice the rex came out. well thats what i think about this subject. anyone agree wiith me??
    I agree, but on the street .4 seconds isnt going to be noticed. With the R32 and the WRX it could go either way, or just stay even. I personally think performance is not an area where they have total bragging rights. I think the R32 is a cool car, and for the VW enthusiast it has to be their dream.(just like us scooby guys gettin the WRX in America). Plus those 6cyl german cars are not cheap to mod. I personally dont compare the R32 to the WRX, because you get more bang for you buck with the WRX granted you dont care about leather etc. but you can walk out the door for 7g less then the R32. 7g is a lot less money so why are they saying the WRX is crappy inside???? Its pathetic that on the VW forum they cant talk about this topic like mature adults. Oh well I still dig the VWs aslong as they are under warranty, but ill take a Subaru over it. Just my preference!
    -Marc
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

I Support ClubWRX
    Exactly. Why are people taking the time to compare an R32 with a WRX? It doesn't seem to me that the one buyer would be looking at both of these cars. BIG difference in price. The STi is the R32's competitor.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Originally posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Exactly. Why are people taking the time to compare an R32 with a WRX? It doesn't seem to me that the one buyer would be looking at both of these cars. BIG difference in price. The STi is the R32's competitor.
    In price they could compete...and given what I hear about handling, they might compete there. It's just sheer power and practical use where the STi has the advantage.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by renichms
    In price they could compete...and given what I hear about handling, they might compete there. It's just sheer power and practical use where the STi has the advantage.
    I have no doubt...
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

sht
    they are very differnt cars why must people compare them. my car cost 6500.00 less than the R32 differnet price range and different group of people to buy them

but for comparison wrx>R32 imo
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

Owned both

I use to own a wrx and currently own a jetta vr6. Unforanetly I traded my wrx in for a truck and my wife drives the jetta. After many hours of trying to convince my wife to take my wrx and trade in the jetta, she couldn't give away her heated seats and comfort of the jetta. The wrx is superior in terms of performance in about every aspect over the jetta. The jetta may seem faster because of the low end torque and smooth engine. Now I will say and I would bet my wife's jetta would have given my wrx a good run for it's money up high(80plus mph). I really enjoyed the wrx for it's handling and power and enjoyed it while autocrossing. I don't miss the fourth and fifth gear though. -scott

One thing I really REALLY liek about that R32 is that it is awd, then flip a switch, then it is 2wd, yank that bicth out of the whole, shift into third an dlet FF yank away, now AWD loss, better gas milage, best of both worlds, I would kill for that on my car.
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

yea im still cleaning my underwear guys...these poop stains are killing me

Originally posted by STiguy
    the wrx runs a 14.1 and the r32 runs 14.5.
    Actually no, I followed a thread the other day which took me to the vortex site where a guy did a 13.975. But for the most part he was in the low 14's.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1242562

Certainly not STi territory but pretty good time on a new car. Of course the real problem is it's not going to be easily modded to get any major reductions in times like the suby.

T.

Why does it seem the REX is being compared to every single car these days

I'll keep my scoobie
    03' WRB WRX, 5spd
    AccessPort w/ VF34 (PDX Tuning map)
    Cobbtuning Intake
    TXS Catless StealthBack /w Stromung XA
    Nino's Uppipe
    Samco I/C Hoses

there is liquid poop all over my chair now too

I Support ClubWRX
    People in this thread seem to have a preoccupation with poop!
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Originally posted by RayfieldsWRX
    People in this thread seem to have a preoccupation with poop!
    Really. What the poop?
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.