Subaru WRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyundai Tiburon Tuscani ? ?

7K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  liljon350 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever encountered one of these? I was on the road the other day and I came up next to what I thought was a Tiburon but when I looked closer it had a different emblem and had the word Tuscani on its trunk. Sounded pretty nice but after searching online for stats it looks like this thing is pretty weak and overpriced. $28 grand for a V6 putting out only 170hp and 180 lbs/ft.

Just wondering if anyone has any more knowledge on this car. I think this is the only car that Hyundai has made that actually looks pretty sleek.

#2 ·
Well, I once saw a Tiburon with Ferrari badges on it... But something tells me it wasn't a Ferrari :p

I'm guessing it's just a Tiburon with Tuscani badges from Ebay on it. The Tiburon is called a Tuscani in the UK, and the car you saw runs in the high teens cost wise new.

You too can own a Tuscani for the low low price of 49.99!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2460492740&category=40929

#3 ·
03WREX said:
Has anyone ever encountered one of these? I was on the road the other day and I came up next to what I thought was a Tiburon but when I looked closer it had a different emblem and had the word Tuscani on its trunk. Sounded pretty nice but after searching online for stats it looks like this thing is pretty weak and overpriced. $28 grand for a V6 putting out only 170hp and 180 lbs/ft.

Just wondering if anyone has any more knowledge on this car. I think this is the only car that Hyundai has made that actually looks pretty sleek.
it what they call the car in korea.. i ran into a guy who had them on his car and thats what he told me..

#4 ·
The car looked pretty authentic... well, I guess I can't really say because I haven't seen an original before. It had the front and rear badge and the word "tuscani" along w/ something else written on the rear... "2.7 something". Even the rims had the emblem in the center cap. An upgraded brake kit, brembo I think. Didn't have any plates yet though, so I assume it was brand new.

For all I know it could've been just a Tiburon w/ some badges but it did look like it was a factory "suped-up" tiburon.

#5 ·
Theres one of those always in Cold Spring Harbor near me, but never got a close look at it till it was in the parking lot in my town. I dont know if its a special edition or what?. Its blue, has 2 racing stripes, which look good, and has "T" emblem where it has the Hundai symbol. :confused:

#8 ·
it's a nice lookin car imo... Definitely a good step in the right direction for Hyundai.

As was mentioned already, it is known as the Tuscani in other markets... I think Hyunday is beginning to label them with the "T" as well... At least here in Canada..

#9 · (Edited)
Why do i get the feeling 03wrex is going to buy some tuscani badges for his Subaru now?

EDIT: BTW Hyundai is no longer with the kia sephias of the world. They are actually rated the most dependable car or something like that. Granted the cars are basically economical but they are starting to sell like hot cakes.

#11 ·
Sotbas said:
I saw one of those just two days ago and I said to the person in the car with me, "Tuscani, what the hell is that? It's a Tiburon!" I think on the right side of the trunk it said "2.7" or something like that.
Where are you located on the island?

#14 ·
hi everyone. i feel i must get a say in this just for fun.

03WREX said:
this thing is pretty weak and overpriced. $28 grand for a V6 putting out only 170hp and 180 lbs/ft.
i'm not sure what prices are like in socal but tiburons are definitely NOT $28k. you could very well get a full loaded 6-speed tiburon for $20k.

and about the tuscani badging.. the tiburon is known as tuscani in korea, canada, and europe. i don't know why it's called tiburon here, but whatever. the badges are kdm. kind of like how people buy jdm stuff for their cars but in this case they're buying kdm badges. you have to admit it looks nicer than that ugly hyundai H.

oh.. and that ebay seller is just ripping people off. you can get it much cheaper at http://www.kspec.com/list.php?ac_id=45&ai_id=731

#18 ·
Let me clear things up

Alright guys...
Tuscani is Tiburon in Korea and other countries.
v6 fully loaded will be like 20k in US dollars.
You can squeeze out nice numbers with that v6...but it's not meant to race. (235whp or so and I've seen it blown afterwards...)

As for the 4 banger tiburons though..., Many many turbo kits are out there in Korea.
low 13 sec tibs are common in Korea...., 12 sec tibs are easily found and 11 sec tibs can be found.
Of course there are 600+whp 4banger running in Korea as well.

Not a bad car for its money really. However.., I'm a Korean myself, but I wouldn't drive a Korean car until it gets better. (I hope it will)

-soul

#19 ·
The tiburon is a good deal, I would drive one if that was what was in my price range, there are few import that are sub 20k (NOT SRT-4 as it is 21k+markups) that can etch out better times than the v6, or come with a 6-speed and a good warranty. I understand that mid 14's are not too tough for it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.