Raced a pretty crazy civic the other day
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Raced a pretty crazy civic the other day within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The other night i was out with some friends and ran into a civic that i thought was a ricer, ...

Raced a pretty crazy civic the other day

The other night i was out with some friends and ran into a civic that i thought was a ricer, blackie rims, big exhaust, lowered and really dark tint.later i found out he had 4 people in his car (i had 3) too. he pulls up next to me and i hear him drop a gear (we were goin about 30 or so) by the time i reacted he had a half car on me, he pulled just past my front bumper but we held that till about 85 or so. I followed him and we talked in a parkinglot for a few, turns out he had an H22 swap (it was a 92-95 style cx hatch). hasnt had it to the track since he bought it but says previous owner claims he ran somewhere in the 12's, but its running kinda crappy now. I have a full turboback right now but havent been to the track since i put it on, ran a 14.4 in high humidity with just the catback though. friendly race, deffinatly surprised the crap outa me, ive raced civic hatches with b16 and gsr swaps and usually take em out pretty easily, that was a shock.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hodnas taht are modded right are nasty everyone downs em but i respect its the poor mans sports car parts are in more of demand so the parts are made in large batches unluck some other companys and if people do it right they can run 12s all day
    if its not fast it better be a show car

a hybrid N/A crx, with a decent driver and slicks can do 12's...I've seen mildly boosted hybrids run low 11's. With a built motor and high boost, the can run 10's, maybe lower...On the freeway, forget about it. They can be pushing at least 300 whp and weigh next to nothing...pretty nasty setup for a cheap price. If i had a crx i would either do a F/I hybrid or an all motor JDM swap. Those cars look very nice if they are done in the subtle JDM way (Spoon, Mugen, etc)...

{Rice kills...}
    Last edited by BassMan097; 02-17-2004 at 08:25 PM.
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

thats all we have over here in my area are the civic hatch hybrids. two friends of mine have them, and they move with the quickness, but thats nothing a little turbo cant handle
    Eternal blue pearl
    squential sport shift

Coming from a honda background.. I never take them lightly. I had a 93 hatch w/ a b16... It wasn't quite 'fast' but definitely 'quick'. It was a mid 14 second car w/ the basic bolt-ons, so add in some cams and head work and that little 1.6 litre could really cause some trouble for unsuspecting cars

I'm done w/ hondas though... too many ricers giving it a bad name but I do give props to those who really know what they're doing.

altough people always bag on them for being rice, or what not, you have to have great respect for the car per dollar.

there is great possibility and can do 13and below with little money and still great reliability.

my friends have a b18 in there civics one riped a srt with no problem , it is a very cheap alternative to buying a new car. i mean 1200 for the engine, tranny, and axles, now he's going boost for another 1200 thats a hell of alot cheaper then any new performance car you by today
    Eternal blue pearl
    squential sport shift

I had a similar encouter with a hatch. I never got to talk to him, but he punched it in front of me and I followed and it was all I could do to stay on his bumper. Hondas are awesome when they are not riced out.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

You all always say 'ricer' what establishes a ricer Civic from a non-ricer Civic hatch? Yea with a b16 they cause trouble. I raced a b16 turbo on the highway and dropped it down to 40 and went till 80. He won but then we raced at a light and I beat him from 0-60ish. Those Hondas can be a blast with the right engine, to bad they are not really made to have a turbo like us fellow WRX's
    Goofy

Originally posted by Goofy's WRX
    You all always say 'ricer' what establishes a ricer Civic from a non-ricer Civic hatch? Yea with a b16 they cause trouble. I raced a b16 turbo on the highway and dropped it down to 40 and went till 80. He won but then we raced at a light and I beat him from 0-60ish. Those Hondas can be a blast with the right engine, to bad they are not really made to have a turbo like us fellow WRX's

being fast is not rice looking fast and sounding like ass is rice
    if its not fast it better be a show car

Ok, thanks for the explanation on riced out. Good thing there aren't any riced out WRX's. I do hate Civics with mufflers, stickers and are lowered and are still using those D16 engines. Being a former Honda owner I am glad not to be associated with that crowd anymore.
    Goofy

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.