Raced a WRX and SSEI

This is a discussion on Raced a WRX and SSEI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My (manual) WRX has godspeed uppipe and stromung downpipe, my friends WRX (manual) has turbo XS blowoff valve and STI ...

Raced a WRX and SSEI

My (manual) WRX has godspeed uppipe and stromung downpipe, my friends WRX (manual) has turbo XS blowoff valve and STI exhaust. 1st gear we were dead even, 2nd gear i started pulling, by the end of 2nd gear i was pulling pretty well, shift into third, and i was pulling HARD. We went to 100 mph, and i was 4 good sized cars ahead. My friend then raced a mildly modded SSEI, he said all he had done was Pulleys, he showed us the time slips and he ran 15 second flat 1/4 at around 92 mph. Regardless, this SSEI started pulling on my friends REX after 80, and by 100 he was a car ahead. So then i raced the SSEI and i was a good 3-4 cars ahead by 100, and this was with a boggy start. All in all, im very IMPRESSED by the performance i got from the Downpipe and Uppipe, i also have a MBC sitting on my desk, im just waiting for the gauges, then its time for even MORE ass kicking...hehe . After i raced, i felt so bad, cause i usually baby my car, so i gave him a car wash, and shifted at 2500 all the way home, poor thing :P. Anyways, i was pleased with how i did, but i will be more pleased after i put in the MBC.

-Bobby D

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What's a SSEI?
    '03 STi killer

Pontiac Bonneville supercharged 240 HP V6

dood! put your MBC, set it at 16 psi and then watch those cars in your rear view fade! It would be interestnig to see a WRX with only a MBC at 16 psi (like me race you with your current mods. I'm guessing you would pull, but no by much, me thinks. Nice kills.

-Joe
    2002 Blue WRX w/ Factory Body Kit

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe
    -BPM 3" Turbo Back Exhaust
    -Whiteline Front and Rear Strut Bar

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:
    http://community.webshots.com/album/70782887sLVXId

Can't you set it to 17?

No, 17 psi is too high, chances are it will pull timing set that high. Some of the guys have seen their car pull timing at 16.5 psi.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

Re: Raced a WRX and SSEI

Originally posted by BobbyD
    After i raced, i felt so bad, cause i usually baby my car, so i gave him a car wash, and shifted at 2500 all the way home, poor thing :P. -Bobby D
    Your car is a HE? Mine is a she... that is why I say giddyup biatch!!

Originally posted by ElectronBlueSi
    dood! put your MBC, set it at 16 psi and then watch those cars in your rear view fade! It would be interestnig to see a WRX with only a MBC at 16 psi (like me race you with your current mods. I'm guessing you would pull, but no by much, me thinks. Nice kills.

-Joe
    Did you use to have a turbocharged si from clubsi.com????

Re: Raced a WRX and SSEI

Originally posted by BobbyD
    My (manual) WRX has godspeed uppipe and stromung downpipe, my friends WRX (manual) has turbo XS blowoff valve and STI exhaust. 1st gear we were dead even, 2nd gear i started pulling, by the end of 2nd gear i was pulling pretty well, shift into third, and i was pulling HARD. We went to 100 mph, and i was 4 good sized cars ahead. My friend then raced a mildly modded SSEI, he said all he had done was Pulleys, he showed us the time slips and he ran 15 second flat 1/4 at around 92 mph. Regardless, this SSEI started pulling on my friends REX after 80, and by 100 he was a car ahead. So then i raced the SSEI and i was a good 3-4 cars ahead by 100, and this was with a boggy start. All in all, im very IMPRESSED by the performance i got from the Downpipe and Uppipe, i also have a MBC sitting on my desk, im just waiting for the gauges, then its time for even MORE ass kicking...hehe . After i raced, i felt so bad, cause i usually baby my car, so i gave him a car wash, and shifted at 2500 all the way home, poor thing :P. Anyways, i was pleased with how i did, but i will be more pleased after i put in the MBC.

-Bobby D
    Good kill on the SSEI, racing another WRX? Isnt there a law against that somewhere. Something like eating your own kind? Just kidding. And I have an MBC set to 16.5 and I have no noticed any pulled timing, yet. Not saying that it couldnt happen, but it hasn't yet.

-FACTION
    /:

Originally posted by BamBooI

Did you use to have a turbocharged si from clubsi.com????
    No, but i do frequent the forums. I drove a EB 99 Si with just an AEM CAI. No turbo though.

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:

There is this guy around where i work that has a black wrx, tinted, and some sort of exhaust... Well i have a sticker on the front windshield in the center top, a turboXS sticker... Well, i pass this guy like 2 weeks ago, then today i actually get a light with him, and guess what!! his sticker is in the same place as mine!! I tried looking over to say whats up to this kid, but all i do is hear him begin to up his rev's... What a A-hole.... So i rev my car a few times while pushing the brake in, then fully apply the break and the gas to torque it up.. light goes yellow, GREEN, BAM, 4100RPM launch, immediately get a car on him, then continue to pull till 90, where all the sudden he slowed down to around 60?? i guess and turned down a sideroad, in apparent embarassment :P It felt good to beat the crap out of this guy, because he tried to copy me!! i know it DAMNIT!!!

hehehhe

Rob

lmao

Originally posted by RobPA
    There is this guy around where i work that has a black wrx, tinted, and some sort of exhaust... Well i have a sticker on the front windshield in the center top, a turboXS sticker... Well, i pass this guy like 2 weeks ago, then today i actually get a light with him, and guess what!! his sticker is in the same place as mine!! I tried looking over to say whats up to this kid, but all i do is hear him begin to up his rev's... What a A-hole.... So i rev my car a few times while pushing the brake in, then fully apply the break and the gas to torque it up.. light goes yellow, GREEN, BAM, 4100RPM launch, immediately get a car on him, then continue to pull till 90, where all the sudden he slowed down to around 60?? i guess and turned down a sideroad, in apparent embarassment :P It felt good to beat the crap out of this guy, because he tried to copy me!! i know it DAMNIT!!!

Rob
    thats some funny **** man! ahahaha! Where do you live man...

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here: