WRXs suck!
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRXs suck! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just kidding, that was just to get some attention. So, I was rolling along last night and this WRX came ...

WRXs suck!

Just kidding, that was just to get some attention. So, I was rolling along last night and this WRX came a rollin up. Now keep in mind that I love WRXs and it is going to be my next car hopefully, but maybe not after last night....So we're at a light and I'm ignoring him because I think I've seen him blow by me before thinkin he was the shnizzle. Plus I'm scared of WRXs. So we go after the light turns green and he gives it a little gas then lets off. I look over and see he has a girl in the passenger seat that's looking over and appears to be laughing....So I look down at my speedo (40), drop it down into 2nd, and mash it. He goes too. I start slowly pulling on him at the top of 2nd, then slap it into 3rd when he gives up and drops far back.....the next stop was a light and I figured he would snag me for sure from a stop. I was surprised and thought I surprised him (and his girl) too. I had to turn on the next street anyway also. But I thought the WRXs were more powerful, them I got to thinking and figured that we were probably pushing around the same power, but I thought they weighed less. Then I saw they weigh just as much as my car! Wow. I'm a little more enthusiastic now, but I know better than trying from a stop.
    99 SVT Contour
    17" White Konig Traffiks w/ Nitto 450s
    Eibach springs/ Spax struts
    K&N filter w/ MAF adapter
    Optimized Throttle Body
    Magnecor Wires
    Optimized Y Pipe
    SS Magnaflows w/o resonator
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wait... if im getting all this... u won? what were u driving??
    Last edited by BlueSubie02; 02-16-2004 at 08:40 PM.

Was the WRX being towed? Didn't know contours could run 0-60 in less than 5.5 seconds or ran a quarter in the 14's or faster? Learn something new everyday!

Originally posted by FastD
    Was the WRX being towed? Didn't know contours could run 0-60 in less than 5.5 seconds or ran a quarter in the 14's or faster? Learn something new everyday!
    Dude, he said they went from a 40mph roll not a standing quarter mile.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Wow, there's a lot of traffic on this forum. I likey. Anyways, yes we were from a 40 mph roll. No it wasn't being towed. If you look at the facts, it's feasible, I just never considered it before. I'm surprised you even know what a Contour is! A lot of people don't even know what a Contour is, yet an SVT Contour. You can pull down your BS flag for use another time.
    EDIT: BlueSubie, I was driving my car, it's not a trick post.
    99 SVT Contour
    Optimized Throttle Body
    Magnecor Wires
    Optimized Y Pipe

you sure it wasent a 2.5 rs

I know those SVT Contours can handle quite nicely. Not sure about power upgrades besides the standard bolt-ons. Maybe s/c or turbo avail.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Wow, a lot of doubt arising huh? hehee. No it was a WRX, I see him around all the time. As for upgrades, the car isn't too mod friendly. Besides the limited aftermarket doesn't allow it, we have most of the usual stuff but no variety, only one brand here one brand there. We have what we have. One very well designed turbo kit is available and Vortech used to make a supercharger but discontinued it, probably because it is the biggest POS. The fastest N/A known to forums is 14.4ish. The fastest turbo time we have so far is 13.8@108? in a car packed with a lot of @$&&% and granny shifting. There are a few working on projects that are aiming at 500 fwhp. Our biggest draw back is traction, don't have any off the line
    99 SVT Contour
    Optimized Throttle Body
    Magnecor Wires
    Optimized Y Pipe

Originally posted by JonnySVT
    Wow, a lot of doubt arising huh? hehee.
    LOL. Were not trying to appear as a bunch of *******s, we just know that it couldent happen unless somthing was seriously wrong. It was either not a WRX, not racing, or had a serious reject as a driver.

I'm not a jerk, im just typing what every reader is thinking. Dont hate the messenger.
    I created my avatar.

Bummer. Unfortunately those cars never really caught on with the enthusiasts so there was no support for them. :-/

Welcome Jonny!

If it was a kill, good one. Even if it was a stopped by girlfriend from racing kind of kill. I bet he is still thinking about it.

LOL. Were not trying to appear as a bunch of *******s, we just know that it couldent happen unless somthing was seriously wrong. It was either not a WRX, not racing, or had a serious reject as a driver.
    What makes it hard to believe?! Lay down the facts and prove me wrong. If you don't I will.
    Thanx driverj.
    99 SVT Contour
    Optimized Throttle Body
    Magnecor Wires
    Optimized Y Pipe

I dont care about fantasy worlds. My best stock timeslip is a 14.1, you? Hows that for fact.
    I created my avatar.

Originally posted by CKxx
    LOL. Were not trying to appear as a bunch of *******s,
    I in fact am trying to be that way because ya see this is the second person to make his/her first post today and both of them were telling a lame kill story.

either the wrx driver was a complete moron, or you have that special time-traveling machine which allowed you to win.

hurray.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

CSVTs are awsome cars, i hope to own one soon. the aftermarket is small right now but it is growing, on major mod you could do that jonny did not mention is you could do a 3.0l swap. which is the block of a taurus engine and evrything else from the CSVT.
    dont have a wrx.......yet
    I dont care how many stewerdesses you've bagged I still think your a lousy pilot ( if you know what show thats from i owe you a cookie)
    Onion horoscope of the week:Pisces: (Feb. 19óMarch 20)
    The stars foretell your life continuing in much the way it always has for the next few months.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.