WRXs suck! - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRXs suck! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I like the reverse lockout on them. Manual reverse lockout is awesome!...

I like the reverse lockout on them. Manual reverse lockout is awesome!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I can believe this. Didn't the SVT Contour come with 200 hp? Just curious...and didn't they make it for 1-2 years? I don't see so many around anymore...though they're popular at Clemson autocrosses.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Yes, they came with 195 hp (98 "E0"), and 200 hp (99-00, "E1"). The extra 5 hp was from double passing the extrude hone on the UIM in 99-00. 00 compression was bumped up a little, but retained the same power output. The 00s are most mod friendly. As far as our power curve goes, it is very flat for torque and our hp is still climbing, even past redline. They are popular cars in autocross, they take a lot of Cobras by surprise.
    99 SVT Contour
    17" White Konig Traffiks w/ Nitto 450s
    Eibach springs/ Spax struts
    K&N filter w/ MAF adapter
    Optimized Throttle Body
    Magnecor Wires
    Optimized Y Pipe
    SS Magnaflows w/o resonator

Originally posted by JonnySVT
    Yes, they came with 195 hp (98 "E0"), and 200 hp (99-00, "E1"). The extra 5 hp was from double passing the extrude hone on the UIM in 99-00. 00 compression was bumped up a little, but retained the same power output. The 00s are most mod friendly. As far as our power curve goes, it is very flat for torque and our hp is still climbing, even past redline. They are popular cars in autocross, they take a lot of Cobras by surprise.
    The one autocross I did in Clemson, I think there were 2 or 3 SVT Contours, and I think at least 2 had multiple drivers.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Originally posted by WRX
    high 13's is still slow IMO. I'm sure you aren't turboed so I'm sure you ain't running 13's. That's why everyone was throwing up the bs flag. Are you sure the guy was even trying? Maybe he had it in 4th or something.

You think high 13's is slow yet your personal best is 14.1? High 13'2 IS NOT slow. There is no need for a car to go that fast. It is purely for fun.

i see alot of green SVTs around here...

and uh... is it just me or do the bodykits that come on the SVTs not look right for some reason... i dunno why but for some reason the bumper or something just doesn't look right...

I think it looks nice, definately better than a bug eye WRX.

Originally posted by EvilCerealBoX
    i see alot of green SVTs around here...

and uh... is it just me or do the bodykits that come on the SVTs not look right for some reason... i dunno why but for some reason the bumper or something just doesn't look right...

Didn't SVT contours have an electrical problem that caused fires prompting a large recall? I remember something about fires. I think. Remember the SVT Tauras. First years were a v8, then went to v6.

Didn't SVT contours have an electrical problem that caused fires prompting a large recall? I remember something about fires. I think. Remember the SVT Tauras. First years were a v8, then went to v6.
    No...must be thinking of something else. SVT didn't make a Taurus, there is a SHO Taurus, but no SVT. The SHO Taurus' are a little faster than even the SVT Contours surprisingly. So watch out for those late '80s Taurus', they look ugly, but they can surprise a stock WRX from a roll.
    99 SVT Contour
    17" White Konig Traffiks w/ Nitto 450s
    Eibach springs/ Spax struts
    K&N filter w/ MAF adapter
    Optimized Throttle Body
    Magnecor Wires
    Optimized Y Pipe
    SS Magnaflows w/o resonator

man I dont see how those things only weigh like 50lbs more than the WRX, They are 10.5 inches longer!

FWIW, the only one I've run was at the dragstrip. Appeared to be stock, as was I. He was 1.5 secs slower and 4 or 5 mph slower. *shrug*

VV

hey VetteVert

You go to app.? I'm up there all the time.

Edit: ya know I have no clue how old you are or anything so I guess that could be totally out of context.

HAHAHA...
    I am gonna have to back JonnySVT up on this the CSVT can take a WRX easily on a roll and interstate but takeoffs are a ***** there is little to know traction. I used to have a CSVT(will have one again,they r bad) and with little to know mods they can move, of course i had the vortech SC on mine but unfortunalty i fell asleep and rolled it so i sold the motor to a friend and he put it in his contour gs. But my point is the CSVT it a bad car when modded right and i wouldnt take them litely if you see one on the interstate it will blow u away, top speed of 153mph....

I work at App (full time), and I'm a part time masters student. What do you drive?

Silver WRX sedan (bug eyed) w/ stock wheels during winter, 18" Antracite P1s for summer.

VV

Originally posted by adam3482p
    hey VetteVert

You go to app.? I'm up there all the time.

Edit: ya know I have no clue how old you are or anything so I guess that could be totally out of context.

Originally posted by VetteVert
    I work at App (full time), and I'm a part time masters student. What do you drive?

Silver WRX sedan (bug eyed) w/ stock wheels during winter, 18" Antracite P1s for summer.

VV
    02 White WRX sedan w/ 17" ADR (I think they are the M-sport, I dont know they came on it). c-west sideskirts.

But I just got it a couple weeks ago, I also have a 01 Mazda MP3
    which is what I've had there the most.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast