WRXs suck! - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRXs suck! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by 1wrx4u2c i have had 2nd gear somewhere near 70 and 3rd gear around 90 Wow, thats almost ...

Originally posted by 1wrx4u2c
    i have had 2nd gear somewhere near 70 and 3rd gear around 90
    Wow, thats almost 10 mph off of where mine ends! Honestly though I think 2nd ends somewhere near 60-65? I would go try really quick but I would have to let my car warm up and im too tired. Havent taken my car to the track yet but I know you have to shift into 4th to finish the 1/4 though. So 90ish sounds right for 3rd.

Isnt the Contour SVT supercharged? Because I have one drive by my house every once in awhile that is charged for sure but I thought that is just the way they came stock?
    2004 WRX completely stock! And becoming even more stock daily.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I believe ya JonnySVT Btw nice wheels, if they had those in black and if it fit the wrx, i would be all over those!

Looking at the info at Edmunds.com. 0-60 in 7.1 sec. Since sites like Edmunds usually give conservative performance numbers, That's about equal to a wrx (give or take 1 second) with a regular launch (2k-3k rpm launch). Wrx's aren't all that great at races from a roll. I was on a freeway onramp doing about 40 mph in 3rd gear with a 3 series bmw tailgating me, and only pulled just 1 car length on him before he gave up and let off. Disappointing, but I should've dropped it to 2nd Oh well.

Anyways, nice kill on the wrx

Originally posted by CUBUFF
    Wow, thats almost 10 mph off of where mine ends! Honestly though I think 2nd ends somewhere near 60-65? I would go try really quick but I would have to let my car warm up and im too tired. Havent taken my car to the track yet but I know you have to shift into 4th to finish the 1/4 though. So 90ish sounds right for 3rd.

Isnt the Contour SVT supercharged? Because I have one drive by my house every once in awhile that is charged for sure but I thought that is just the way they came stock?
    2nd gear right at 7k rpms is at 60 mph.

Most people with stock wrx's don't usually shift to 4th at the track because right when you hit 90 mph, which is 7k rpms in 3rd gear, you'll have to shift, and when you do, you're cross the finish line. That shift change may cause people to lose a few hundreds of a second so usually they just let the car sit through 3rd and hit the rev limiter.

Originally posted by JonnySVT
    I just want a BOV!!

And you can get it! Just go and take a look at this page

Bov's for NA cars

Cubuff, whereabouts are you located? The SVT Contours are not F/I from the factory. There are a handful of guys running the Vortech superchargers but those numbers are decreasing since they break all the time. There are less than a handful running around with a turbo, but many working on it, since it just came out no more than 6 months ago.
    TurnWRX, they do make them in black and I'm sure they make them for your car. They are basically Advan look a likes. In fact, I got the idea of them from the Jun WRX on the cover of...I wanna say Super Street or maybe Import tuner. But if Konig doesn't make them for a WRX, somebody does, because I know Advan = $$$. LOL on that BOV, have you seen the ones you put in your exhaust pipes also? Horrible. I want the real thing, HKS BOV on a nice turbo.
    99 SVT Contour
    17" White Konig Traffiks w/ Nitto 450s
    Eibach springs/ Spax struts
    K&N filter w/ MAF adapter
    Optimized Throttle Body
    Magnecor Wires
    Optimized Y Pipe
    SS Magnaflows w/o resonator

I'm sure he did beat the WRX. I raced my friends SVT Contour quite a few times when I was stock almost 3 years ago and it was a very close race, came down to the driver. Don't forget guys a stock WRX puts down a whopping 160whp. This guys SVT is also mildly modded. Let's try to put our egos aside for a bit, almost equal weight cars with the SVT Contour putting more power down to the wheels so he very well could have won.

BTW my friends SVT Contour made it to 101,000 miles on the stock clutch, unfortunately the motor went, knocks real bad. He's looking at an EVO now.

WRX
    The fastest N/A known to forums is 14.4ish. The fastest turbo time we have so far is 13.8@108?

high 13's is still slow IMO. I'm sure you aren't turboed so I'm sure you ain't running 13's. That's why everyone was throwing up the bs flag. Are you sure the guy was even trying? Maybe he had it in 4th or something.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

My good friend read my post above. Stock WRXs are not fast from a roll, what don't you understand? We have 160WHP stock, this is not good. Having a turbo doesn't mean we automatically win. What if it was a 1.0 liter with a turbo pushing 100WHP, because that car has a turbo it'd win?

This is really simple math, power to weight ratio people.

SVT Contour weighs ~3100lbs
    WRX weighs ~3100lbs

SVT Contour puts more to the wheels, so therefore where traction means nothing, like from a roll, the SVT should theoretically win considering equal drivers. This is of course excluding transmission ratios, which I really don't feel like figuring out.

Originally posted by WRX
    high 13's is still slow IMO. I'm sure you aren't turboed so I'm sure you ain't running 13's. That's why everyone was throwing up the bs flag. Are you sure the guy was even trying? Maybe he had it in 4th or something.
    Last edited by KnightWRXRider; 02-17-2004 at 08:48 AM.

I have a friend with a 01 svt contour. I raced him from a stop and smoked him. but then again thats from a stop. It's a great car and has lots of power from a roll. just hard to get off the line. He will either bog down, or roast the crap out of the tires. Those things have really small v6's in them.

Like I said I currently own an SVT contour along with a wrx. They are fun to drive and stock wrx's may have a problem with them. Dyno numbers are around 180hp-190whp heavily modded and about 160-165wtq. Turboed around 300whp and 300wtq@9 psi from 2500rpms. They pull strong to the red line. My 3rd gear in the svt goes to 88mph and the wrx pulls to 90. By the way I'd take my lighty modded wrx any day over the heavilly modded svt.
    2004 psm WRX

My friends Is completly stock.

But like you said that was from a stop which has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Originally posted by adam3482p
    My friends Is completly stock.

Originally posted by KnightWRXRider
    But like you said that was from a stop which has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
    Thats why I said
    Originally posted by Adam3482p
    but then again thats from a stop.

Thanx guys for getting back to facts and reality now. I appreciate at least trying to understand. i mean i wasn't saying I demolished him, we were about dead even for a few seconds. Don't forget about the extra weight (girl in passenger seat). That's a funny turbo comment too. Ever heard of a Mazda Speed Protege, not very fast, but it has a turbo. We can't argue that a turbo car does have more POTENTIAL, but this was modded vs. stock WITH at least an extra 100 lbs. Oh, BTW there was no 01 SVTs or even regular Contours, they stopped production in 2000.
    99 SVT Contour
    17" White Konig Traffiks w/ Nitto 450s
    Eibach springs/ Spax struts
    K&N filter w/ MAF adapter
    Optimized Throttle Body
    Magnecor Wires
    Optimized Y Pipe
    SS Magnaflows w/o resonator

Thanx guys for getting back to facts and reality now. I appreciate at least trying to understand. i mean i wasn't saying I demolished him, we were about dead even for a few seconds. Don't forget about the extra weight (girl in passenger seat). That's a funny turbo comment too. Ever heard of a Mazda Speed Protege, not very fast, but it has a turbo. We can't argue that a turbo car does have more POTENTIAL, but this was modded vs. stock WITH at least an extra 100 lbs. Oh, BTW there was no 01 SVTs or even regular Contours, they stopped production in 2000.
    ahhh ****

well it must be an 00 I know it was 0- something.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast