WRXs suck! - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRXs suck! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so do you have any pics of your car i probaly know what it looks like but cant remember the ...

so do you have any pics of your car i probaly know what it looks like but cant remember the name

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's your time. From you going to the track to get a time, I can see you drive your car how it was meant. What was your trap? That was a nice tactic only posting your ET.... I'm not trying to start stuff here, just saying that it is possible and obviously it did happen. I haven't made it to the track yet, but from others' times with my mods, I am guessing(hoping) a 14.9@ around 93-94ish. Our cars SUCK off the line and our gearing ends RIGHT before 60 mph, so the 0-60 times are misleading. You have AWD which gives you a MAJOR advantage and better ET. Look at the post about an ITR vs. a WRX, basically same thing.
    99 SVT Contour
    17" White Konig Traffiks w/ Nitto 450s
    Eibach springs/ Spax struts
    K&N filter w/ MAF adapter
    Optimized Throttle Body
    Magnecor Wires
    Optimized Y Pipe
    SS Magnaflows w/o resonator

why are all you being so harsh on the man. He's just posting what happened to him, he even complemented the wrx. You all need to chill out. A short "rolling" race can easily by won by a modded svt contour vs. a stock turbo wrx. He's gonna have better response. He keeps saying ohw he doesn't mean to offend anyone, cut him a some slack. Welsome jonny

I have always liked the SVT Contours, neato mesh in the front clip, spiffy dual exhaust, and just a good overall apperance. I knew they were a tad lacking in the engine output area, but figured they handled great. It's a real bummer that the marque didn't fly all that well, like I said, a real pretty car to look at. The FWD issue sure didn't help, that platform with RWD would make a lot of people think twice about the outrageous prices of Audi/BMW et all. Ford can put together a quality mid/small car, and a zippy rear-drive would spook the Germans something awful(don't you DARE mention the Jags!) Something like the Contour, with a hyped up 6 banger and decent suspension, low slung with options galore for 10-20k less than the Bahn burners.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Originally posted by JonnySVT
    I'm not trying to start stuff here,
    So that's why you're a n00b with a first post title of "WRXs suck!".

Way to go representing the Contour SVT.

-tp
    The 202 Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia "Silent But Deadly Ass-sasin"
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

Only pics I have as of now.

Yeas, a 3L swap is cheap and gets you to 200whp and ft.lbs. right off the bat, but like I said, not fun to launch. That will get you into the mid 14s. The fastest N/A I mentioned above was still the original 2.5. People are pushing mid 14s with the 3Ls. The 3L turbos that are in progress should be awesome.
    99 SVT Contour
    Optimized Throttle Body
    Magnecor Wires
    Optimized Y Pipe

Just kidding, that was just to get some attention.
    Geez, some people just don't have senses of humor or know how to read.
    99 SVT Contour
    Optimized Throttle Body
    Magnecor Wires
    Optimized Y Pipe

The WRX driver might have been in 3rd or 4th gear. If the WRX were at 40mph and in 4th gear, the engine is at approximately 2,000 rpm's. That's comfortable for cruising, but the WRX has very little power at low engine speeds.

I'm not calling BS, but it is impossible to know how hard someone is really trying.
    2002 WRX WRB

Originally posted by Teep

Way to go representing the Contour SVT.

-tp
    :0wn3d:
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Originally posted by Rich10
    The WRX driver might have been in 3rd or 4th gear. If the WRX were at 40mph and in 4th gear, the engine is at approximately 2,000 rpm's. That's comfortable for cruising, but the WRX has very little power at low engine speeds.

I'm not calling BS, but it is impossible to know how hard someone is really trying.
    you're right. but what kind of person is driving at such a low rpm anyway, let alone racing?
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

That was a nice tactic only posting your ET.... I'm not trying to start stuff here, just saying that it is possible and obviously it did happen.
    Ha, or maybe I didnt remeber off the top of my head. Don't act so hard Spilner. It was 96.2. And, how is it obvious? Only thing obvious to me is that a money run is in order.

Originally posted by el~sharko
    why are all you being so harsh on the man.
    It was prob the title that rubbed me the wrong way from the start.

Ahhh, it feels like nasioc. No more responces from me. Cya.
    I created my avatar.

EXACTLY MY POINT! People are too quick to call BS without THINKING. If anything he was in 3rd, but I heard no bog and it sure sounded like his engine was going nuts. We were perfectly even for about 2 seconds, then I SLOWLY, like inches, started pulling away. Then he let off as I'm sure it shocked him. Oh well, not saying he was an F1 driver...
    99 SVT Contour
    Optimized Throttle Body
    Magnecor Wires
    Optimized Y Pipe

ANYWAY, I think we can all be mature about this. Everyone likes a good discussion now and then but we don't need to drive away new members that have an interest in certain automobiles.

Anything can happen in a street race.

Nice car Jonny.

Sorry, WRXs are nice.

Thanx AJ.
    Seriously it's not that big of a deal guys. I meant nothing in the title EXCEPT to get attention to the post as I didn't know there was this much traffic. Here I'll change the title.
    COMMENT DELETED>
    Last edited by JonnySVT; 02-16-2004 at 08:46 PM.
    99 SVT Contour
    Optimized Throttle Body
    Magnecor Wires
    Optimized Y Pipe

Re: WRXs suck!

Now keep in mind that I love WRXs and it is going to be my next car hopefully, but maybe not after last night....
    I can read quite well thanks, and I have a fanstastic sense of humor! You do too I see, at least that quoted line above really cracks me up!
    Enjoy the board and we'll see you around!

-tp
    The 202 Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia "Silent But Deadly Ass-sasin"
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast