how are modded 4eat's from a roll?

This is a discussion on how are modded 4eat's from a roll? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; anybody know how well modded 4eat wrx's perform from a roll? i already know how well they perform from a ...

how are modded 4eat's from a roll?

anybody know how well modded 4eat wrx's perform from a roll?
    i already know how well they perform from a standstill with an upgraded torque converter.

any experiences?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

could you be less specific if you tried?

What do you mean by modded.. and perform compared to what? Those are some big ?'s there
    "Does this look like a Q to you?"
    <swivles hips>
    "How bout now?"

Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy!

well, i'm talking about in general. as compared to manual wrx's and other cars. when i mean modded, let's just say the usual bolt ons + engine management ( turboback, uppipe, cobb stage 2 ). i wasn't looking for a specific answer. just wondering if anybody has encountered any 4eat's and how well they did.

My friend has a modded wrx (intake, blow off valve). Im not sure if those mods do much, but when i had uppipe/downpipe we would stay even on a 2nd gear roll untill i would shift into third, where i would walk him. Ever since i put the MBC on, it hasn't been much of a contest. Last time i put close to 8 cars on him from a 30 mph roll up to 100. But then again, he is lightly modded, im not sure how he would fare if he had uppipe/downpipe/mbc in addition to his bov and intake.

-Bobby D

the 4eat's can be fast as hell w/ some mods.. especially from a roll.. I have seen a 4eat wrx w/ TBE, UTEC, injectors and turbo.. he was a pretty solid monster on a roll.

Oh and BobbyD.. the intake and BOV on the stock rex make it slower not faster.
    "Does this look like a Q to you?"
    <swivles hips>
    "How bout now?"

Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy!

WRX
    well, I can say that the autos are no slouch even from a roll. I stayed right with an 02 stang GT when I had uppipe only before, and I can pull a bit on stock manuals now. Just wait till my exhaust is put on.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

The 4eat has longer gears than the 5mt:

4EAT:
    1st-38
    2nd-71
    3rd-112

5mt:
    1st-35
    2nd-61
    3rd-87

So mod for mod I would imagine it would be the same.
    Let's say for example from a 40-100 roll. The 5mt has to shift twice and loses boost each time. The 4eat will shift once and also hold boost while doing so. However the 5mt's gears are shorter allowing for quicker acceleration. I bet when it all balances out, mod for mod the 4eat and 5mt are pretty equal.

Someone throw some gear ratio numbers in there and mathematically find out the answer....

Brandon
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n