02 WRX vs 94 911 Turbo and 99 //M Roadster
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 02 WRX vs 94 911 Turbo and 99 //M Roadster within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Me and JMS Landshark (Jason) from another board had just finished with a Team Celica Member's WRX Up-pipe and TBE. ...

02 WRX vs 94 911 Turbo and 99 //M Roadster

Me and JMS Landshark (Jason) from another board had just finished with a Team Celica Member's WRX Up-pipe and TBE. We were out for a nice leisurely drive back home and happened to come upon a '90-'94 911 Turbo. There was a middle-aged asian guy behind the wheel and it sounded nice. Traffic was kind of heavy at that point but he looked like he was kinda playing with us. Jason was in his //M Roadster and me in my WRX that had just recently been finished being tuned. We finally got to an open stretch but I still didn't think he was going to play. He pulled up beside me and didn't look at me or do anything. Then all the sudden I heard the familiar boxer engine roar as he Downshifted to 3rd and took off instantly gaining a car or so on me. Then I realized what was going on and Ds'ed as well to third and Jason in his M was already starting to come in. My new turbo took a second to spool up and then it started.... All the way to 130 the porsche never moved an inch away and until the end of third I was gaining on him a few inches. At 130 I decided to call it quits as I had already missed my exit and at more than 2.5x the speedlimit (50 posted) we were going a little fast for my taste. There was no cars on the parkway until we began to slow back down. This is just for the naysayers that say WRXs have no top end. I looked up the specs on a '94 turbo and it has a 355 hp H6 with a 5spd tranny and RWD. So not bad for my ilttle 23k car

Cliff Notes: We were all even or so up to 130.Nice run.
    320hp/306tq 20g Powah

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice runs. Not too often that you can get a Porsche driver to play along. What turbo are you running? It looks like a 18g from your sig pic. Looks like you have around the same numbers as me on pump gas (actualyl a little more.)

Try putting some race gas in there and tune it. It's a whole different car.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Sounds like fun. What is your setup?
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Well you are going to love it when I tell you. If I had a better setup I proly would have gotten some room on him. I am running a Stromung DP with the mid pipe cat still in and Borla Exhaust all 2.5. I am running a HKS up-pipe. Greddy T518Z turbo which is in a 18g housing but a little bigger wheels inside. Sti injectors which I am maxing out right now and Warlboro Fuel pump and of course the Utec. I have timing pulled due to the cold weather and I am maxing my injectors out (going to do the RRFPR mod soon) So I am not completely finished yet and was still able to run. I had the biggest grin on my face all the way home
    320hp/306tq 20g Powah

Got any dyno sheets? I would like to see your power curves.

Originally posted by F22-Raptor
    Well you are going to love it when I tell you. If I had a better setup I proly would have gotten some room on him. I am running a Stromung DP with the mid pipe cat still in and Borla Exhaust all 2.5. I am running a HKS up-pipe. Greddy T518Z turbo which is in a 18g housing but a little bigger wheels inside. Sti injectors which I am maxing out right now and Warlboro Fuel pump and of course the Utec. I have timing pulled due to the cold weather and I am maxing my injectors out (going to do the RRFPR mod soon) So I am not completely finished yet and was still able to run. I had the biggest grin on my face all the way home
    I feel ya on the Sti injectors, mine are maxed out as well.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

I got my AFR data sheet. It shows curves

320hp/306tq 20g Powah

Nice run man...Nice to see you got a porsche owner to play...I've got about the same hp as you (320 @ 19 psi) and just recently I blew the doors off a new targa. I've never had the occassion to run a 911. I must say, however, that a porsche will most certainly be my first "dream" car. Even as I was behind the targa I was amazed at how it looked, sounded, etc. That being said, it's always nice to hand them their ass in a suby.
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

Originally posted by BassMan097
    Nice run man...Nice to see you got a porsche owner to play...I've got about the same hp as you (320 @ 19 psi) and just recently I blew the doors off a new targa. I've never had the occassion to run a 911. I must say, however, that a porsche will most certainly be my first "dream" car. Even as I was behind the targa I was amazed at how it looked, sounded, etc. That being said, it's always nice to hand them their ass in a suby.
    Please try that with me. I'll play.

Scott in Houston

i would, too bad you're half way across the country It's nice to finally see a porsche owner using his car for what it was built for (nice pics on your web page)...up here, the majority of porsche owners bought their cars for status (in automatic no less), and its such a travesty that those cars never get used for what they were built for...The exception of course are the PCA guys that autocross and go to track days, etc. Congrats on being able to afford one though. My loans will be raping me for years to come...I'm sure its a joy to drive!
    Last edited by BassMan097; 02-17-2004 at 09:22 PM.

Pics:

Originally posted by BassMan097
    i would, too bad you're half way across the country It's nice to finally see a porsche owner using his car for what it was built for (nice pics on your web page)...up here, the majority of porsche owners bought their cars for status (in automatic no less), and its such a travesty that those cars never get used for what they were built for...The exception of course are the PCA guys that autocross and go to track days, etc. Congrats on being able to afford one though. My loans will be raping me for years to come...I'm sure its a joy to drive!
    It is too bad. It would be fun to compare.
    That C2 on my web page is gone though. I upgraded recently to a Twin Turbo.
    Pics are here: www.snjvogan.com/tt/

I'm hitting the track with it this weekend for the first time.
    I can't wait to get this on the track. I finally got my C2 to its limits so I upgraded to the next level. I'm so psyched.

Here's an in-car camera video from my C2. It's large (104 MB), but I think you'll like it. (There's a 350z and an RX7 in it along w/ lots of Porsches)
    Track Video

Don't sweat the loans. You're driving an awesome car! Life's too short to not drive what you like if cars an important thing for you, and the fact that you're on this board tells me they are.

Lastly, if you're interested, here's another video that has some of my friends and I messing around with different cars. It's 11 MB.
    Exhaust Note Video
    Scott in Houston

nice car!!

some day... just some day..

Nice Car.
    320hp/306tq 20g Powah

Thanks. Don't be 'sad' Raptor.

The WRX is an awesome car too. That's why I'm here sometimes. I really love those cars. (Of course, especially the STi)
    Scott in Houston

Both awesome vids, lots of awesome cars. Congratulations on the upgrade!

Pics:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.