Anyone ever heard of this car? Vauxhall VX220Turbo

This is a discussion on Anyone ever heard of this car? Vauxhall VX220Turbo within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Take a look, its pretty cool http://vauxhall.co.uk/microsites/vx220Turbo/main.jhtml 0-60 in 4.7 seconds and 60-0 in 40 meters...

Anyone ever heard of this car? Vauxhall VX220Turbo

Take a look, its pretty cool http://vauxhall.co.uk/microsites/vx220Turbo/main.jhtml

0-60 in 4.7 seconds and 60-0 in 40 meters
    Sold: 2002 WRX
    w/VS0 best of 13.5 at 97.5

New: 2003 Silverado

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes, beautiful car with great power. I love the design! They tested it among other cars in the magazine EVO.
    14.045 @101 stock

stg. one/Perrin fmic, ed piping/Mopar catback/perrin sri/mopar bov...stg. 2 coming soon

it is a re-skinned Lotus Elise... GM's (GM owns Vauxhall btw)version of the Elise
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Went to their plant while I was working for MINI!!!!!!!

Originally posted by jigga
    it is a re-skinned Lotus Elise... GM's (GM owns Vauxhall btw)version of the Elise
    I thought the Opel Speedster was GM's version of the Elise? Or is this even another GM version of the Elise?

Either way, they are all very nice cars. My friend is getting his Elise around the end of May, it's in the 2nd shipment.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

Originally posted by aheineken
    I thought the Opel Speedster was GM's version of the Elise? Or is this even another GM version of the Elise?

Either way, they are all very nice cars. My friend is getting his Elise around the end of May, it's in the 2nd shipment.
    The Opel SPeedster is the same as the VX car.... In England, GM uses the Vauxhall name plate, but in the rest of Europe, the same cars are rebadged as Opel. They are the same cars...Just different name plates... SImilar to how the Dodge Avenger and Chrysler Sebring were the same car basically.... Just difference nose and tail treatments...

I was born and raised in England, so I am kinda used to seeing the Opels and Vauxhall cars all over the place.. It was very rare to see an Opel car in England, while the same could be said about seeing a Vauxhall car if you went to France for the reasons I outlined above.

The Elise is nice and all.... But it IS an old car to be honest... I was still in grade 7 back in England when they came out.... Now I am almost done Uni here in Canada, and they are just comming out....

Same for the Merc G-class.... That thing has been out for DECADES in Europe...... I remember when I was 10 years old, and parents used to pick up their kids with them.... They are NOT considered as luxury cars in Europe... Just a Merc version of a Jeep Wrangler if there ever was one...
    When they recently came out here, those that could afford them thought they were the shyte.... I simply yawned with disappointment.... but I digress
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...