Evo 8: Stock motor 494.4whp 400ft.lbs at 24psi - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Evo 8: Stock motor 494.4whp 400ft.lbs at 24psi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well tell us what you think MJU1983...

Well tell us what you think MJU1983
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by eulerfx
    so you think its the engine itself (chamber deisign, cylinder position) or the intake and exhaust manifolds that put the EJ20 behind the 4G63?
    Weaker rods, weaker pistons, aluminum open deck block. It can not hold the kind of power the iron block, closed deck 4g63 can.

Originally posted by Evilevo8
    Listen, teh Evo Motors are already making 500WHP on stock internals, they handle it fine, any more would be stupid.

I think that the wastegate they were using wasn't opening properly, so they were getting crazy boost spikes, SO they started later in the rev range to keep trhe spike down, also blew off an IC pipe.

These problems are now fixed, this motor will be fine down the 1/4 but OBVIOUSLY will not last as long as a stock block.

SO the WRX motor isn't as strong? Thought it was, met some guy makeing 420WHP on stock bottom end and cams (So he says but that fing car was OUT, beat very fast cars by alot so I believed him)

What about the STI motor?? IS it strong too?
    first off, killer numbers. get us a dyno when the hoses held on, though. looks like it'd be fairly flat from 5500 to 8K. if that's the case, i think you guys are all off. 3-4K of power band is no different than all you folks running PE turbos on the WRX.

i don't think the EJ205 is nearly as strong as the 4G63. open deck, cylinder proximity to major heat sources (which lends it more succeptable to knock) and innefficient exhaust layout.

the same setup on a WRX would be running significantly less boost, but a good bit more timing advance. The USDM STi EJ25 has hyper-e pistons and internals, and is a semi closed deck. it's a much better platform for comparison w/ the 4G63. the REAL comparison is the JDM EJ207 w/ the mitsu 4G63 though. litre for litre, they are both incredible blocks.

dR

i think im gonna cry
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

Oh Wow, I thought the WRX 2.0 was just as strong as the 4G63 or atleast close to it, can't it atleast make 400WHP on stock internals?

ANd yeah I was in my Evo and this kid walks right up to me (I was stock at the Time) and wanted to race me, I was like "NO!"

It was nice car, had a Huge turbo, spooeld after 4000RPMS, and beat every car he went against, rolls-stops, didn;t matter.
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

Originally posted by dark_rex
    i think you guys are all off. 3-4K of power band is no different than all you folks running PE turbos on the WRX.
    I am not one of those guys, nor will I ever be.
    skidpad kid: you're the BOMB
    Shard of me: i know

Joshiscookin: Hey fragment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.