RSX Type S + Rain Encounter

This is a discussion on RSX Type S + Rain Encounter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm going to lunch today w/ a friend who drives a RSX Type S w/ I/E. It's raining and we ...

RSX Type S + Rain Encounter

I'm going to lunch today w/ a friend who drives a RSX Type S w/ I/E. It's raining and we get to a intersection in which all 3 first lanes are empty w/ a red light. The speed limit is 55mph. We've been using the headset to talk on our cells so I asked if he wanted to run ... he obliged.
    Light turns green and I look over at him and once I see his wheels "spin," I slip at 4K rpm and perform the AWD launch. He just disappears from my side and I look at my rear-view mirror and he's 2+ cars back at the end of 1st and by the time I hit 60 he was 10+ cars back. He and I knew I'd win but I haven't had fun in a long time. We discussed it over lunch and he said that by the time he got traction, I was already 2+ cars ahead and pulling. I love AWD and so does he.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

YAAAAAAY I've got AWD, YAAAAAAAAY
    Turbo XS Stage IV PnP; Mods include: STI, HKS, PDE, Bosal, MRT, ZeroSports, BPM, Samco, IHI, Whalbro, NGK, Defi, Greddy, Kartboy, Sony, 2 Tone Leather, Charcoal Tint, Billet Grill, and Vanity Plate.