Vw R32 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Vw R32 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4 10 bucks says it was just a 20th anniversery GTi... looks very much like the R32... ...

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    10 bucks says it was just a 20th anniversery GTi... looks very much like the R32... as They havent arrived yet.

i could be wrong.. but i havent seen one on any VW lot yet...
    ive seen 2 at different dealerships plus like 200 ppl on vw vortex took delivery... wheres my 10 bucks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I saw my first one last night. Sweet exhaust note. The one I saw was black, it looked really nice. I think the front airdam is too cartoonish in the other colors.

A Maryland R32 owned took his to ATCO and pulled a best of 13.97 @97mph. He cut a 1.93 60 foot time. http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1242562

That's about the same as my Forester

Evidently the guys in Europe are claiming 40+hp gains with chip/cams/exhaust. That sounds a little high to me but I am sure the dyno numbers will be rolling in pretty soon.

Here is a link to a dyno on a stock US R32. This was done on a dyno dynamics dynanometer.

Results were 174 AWHP and 180 AWTQ.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1239963
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

I read a post on a twin turbo kit for this car a while back... quite potent. Someone jump in with more info, but if I remember correctly, 400+ WHP for around $6K.

That is the HPA kit. IIRC it is quite a bit more than $6,000.
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

10 bucks says it was just a 20th anniversery GTi... looks very much like the R32... as They havent arrived yet.

i could be wrong.. but i havent seen one on any VW lot yet...
    The entire exterior matched pictures I've seen of the R32, from the color to the wheels to the dual exhaust. And it said "R32" on the back of it, not GTI.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

cool.. cuz ive been fooled by the 20th ann. a few times, and gotten my hopes up... Im a big VW fan as well as an awd fan... The R32's look really clean
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

cool.. cuz ive been fooled by the 20th ann. a few times, and gotten my hopes up... Im a big VW fan as well as an awd fan... The R32's look really clean
    They look cleaner in person.

RN

sht
    Originally posted by renichms
    Though it is smaller and only 2-doors. Personally, I HATE cramming in the back of a small car. Nice car, just not as good for everyday use.

RN
    i guess you never been in a gti it is easer to get inthe back seat of a 2 door git then the sti or evo the whole drive seat goes up against the dash and you just duck your head and sit you can have your hands in our pockets when getting in. but 30k is too much for refinment and build quality. ill take an evo rs
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

Originally posted by sht
    i guess you never been in a gti it is easer to get inthe back seat of a 2 door git then the sti or evo the whole drive seat goes up against the dash and you just duck your head and sit you can have your hands in our pockets when getting in. but 30k is too much for refinment and build quality. ill take an evo rs
    The reason I prefer 4-doors is because I don't like moving the seat or ducking to climb in. I've sat in the back of Mustangs, Rabbits, Cabrios, BMWs and a number of others. It's a very awkward way in and out that I really don't like. So for me, I'll take just getting in like normal. 4 doors > 2 doors. If it has only 2 doors, it better have only 2 seats.

RN

Originally posted by renichms
    The reason I prefer 4-doors is because I don't like moving the seat or ducking to climb in. I've sat in the back of Mustangs, Rabbits, Cabrios, BMWs and a number of others. It's a very awkward way in and out that I really don't like. So for me, I'll take just getting in like normal. 4 doors > 2 doors. If it has only 2 doors, it better have only 2 seats.

RN

i only have two seats in my gti two momo race seats with harness i thiink all cars 12s and fatser should have 2 seats
    if its not fast it better be a show car

tan
    WOuld you rather get a TT 3.2 or R32? Same chassis...different shell and interior

Of the articles comparing the R32, STi, and Evo....
    The Evo is the harshest
    The R32 is the softest (especially due to tire choice)
    The STi is somewhere in between.

Ever wonder why only 240 horses?

VW Cup Series limits HP to 240 bhp.

The VW Cup R32 is a stock R32 with a roll cage and different wheels and tires.

You may have seen this before, but it's relevant to this thread so here it is again...

http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publi...nter_330.shtml

R32 vs STi vs EVO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12