worked by a civic hatch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on worked by a civic hatch within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well im cruising home last night when I notice a red civic hatch next to me. I believe it was ...

worked by a civic hatch

Well im cruising home last night when I notice a red civic hatch next to me. I believe it was a 92-95 body style? not sure, the really rounded ones. I notice the typical @sshole pipe, monster tach, and what looked like an s-afc above the steering column. Well that description fits most civics in the area, so you never really know what youre getting into. This specimen wasnt too obnoxiously loud, and had a pretty modest body kit - not ricey at all.

I downshifted into 2nd and so did he, then he was off. By the time i was shifting into 3rd he was still pulling strong for another second or more before he shifted. Halfway through third I gave up, with him a good 4 car lengths in front.

Now with only a Cobb reflash, Im hardly a big threat from a roll...but Im still positive he had a b-16/b-18 swap with bolt-ons to pull that hard. Also, I think he had an 8-9,000 redline to stay in 2nd for as long as he did.

Anyhow, fun encounter...too bad the guy was too cool to look over afterward for a thumbs up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

N I T R O U S O X I D E

-Jim

nitrous? probly not thats typical answer for sube owners to say when he gets wooped by a civic. i used to have a hatch(b18c1 swap) i know the capability. and its really good. i got a friend pushing 230whp allmotor in his eg. he pulls on sti's like no other and lets not even get to my friends turbo civics.

fact is parts are cheap and there light. dont mistake ricers for true honda enthusiasts. just check out what the honda guys are running on honda-tech.com (drag racing forum) you'd be suprised on how many 11 second and faster civics are on there.

only down fall is they may run 11's but it takes slicks to get any traction so there battling with traction as hp goes up. but from a roll...

btw thats a good deal on those vf34's wish i had some extra cash

Axion: whats up ronnie...get that turbo man....lemme know..
    CZ
    05 SMG M3
    04' WRX
    01' M5
    soontobetwinturboE92

Nah I highly doubt it was nitrous. That car weighs prob 2600 assuming its not gutted. Thats at least a solid 500 lbs less than me, and Im only pushing 200 whp tops. a common b-series swap with minor boltons is all it'd take. Everyone likes to rag on hondas, but as far as straight line performance goes...you can get a lot for your money if you know what youre doing.

actually the 92-95 civic hateches are lighter mine weighed 2108 lbs full interior im looking forward to the turbo upgrade chris, let me know if you have any of those used

Ronnie,
    Gimme a call....
    909 645 2314
    05 SMG M3
    04' WRX
    01' M5
    soontobetwinturboE92

He was probably turbo'd. A hatch with a b18c swap won't pull on a WRX that hard especially one with a reflash. I have an automatic WRX and i kept up with my friends hatch with a b18c swap and basic bolt-ons (this was when i only had the turboback and uppipe).
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Honda is the best for N/A power. If i ever encounter a quick civic and he humiliates me i will start MASSIVE mods to my 04.
    R.I.P. 04 Java Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    Wanted - 99 - 01 2.5 RS Coupe Any Color

I know what a turbo sounds like...and he didnt have one. Even a modestly boosted b18 would have faired much better. Im positive it was N/A, no nitrous. A reflash doesnt make a huge difference, it helps less than full exhaust. 2108 pounds says it all. With a half ton weight advantage, he'd only need what, 170 whp to stomp me?

yeah theres no way it weighed 2600. my GSR weighs that much. he probably weighed abotu 2,200, and when you combo that with a 170hp B18C1 and bolt ons he will tear apart any non-upgraded turbo rex. with those mods alone he is capable of wrx 1/4 mile times or better. now take into consideration how wrx's have the disadvantage from a roll and thats where not ohly light cars, but a b18 engine with over 8k redline shines. this explains the 4 cars he had on you by mid 3rd gear.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I agree about the weight difference. I didn't realise they were that light.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

Damb!!! I've heard good things about a b-18 conversion and i am really interested but i dont think i would ever sell my suby for a honda dont get me wrong i love hondas my dad had a 97 prelude 2.2 L it was hella tight but maybe in a couple of years i will look into a second car i dont know

Yeah watch out for those hatches. My friend owns his own shop and he swapped in a 98 JDM ITR motor into a 92-95 hatch and it ran a 13.2 on the stock open header w/ slicks. The hatch was gutted too so it was really light.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast