worked by a civic hatch - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on worked by a civic hatch within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Dont be mad because I'm a former 92 civic hatch owner w/ a built B16 motor and was able to ...

Thumbs up

Dont be mad because I'm a former 92 civic hatch owner w/ a built B16 motor and was able to hang tight with my bro's WRX from 2nd to 4th on a roll...if it was a stand still...he would've gotten chewed...trust me on it....

It's ok...just tell him you'll race him in the rain or snow and see what happens....!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by axion7606
    h22-accord
    b18b- ls integra
    b18c1-gsr
    b18c5-type r
    b16a-si
    k20- newer honda motors (rsx)

ahh ok thanks

I remember reading an article in C&D, I think, that had one of those drag strip shootouts, with a bunch of exoitc$. They invited one bike, a stock 1200cc Ninja ridden by a pro drag racer. None of the exotics could touch the 9 sec bike. The only car to beat it was a purpose built dragster. A Honda Civic. I think the slicks were so big that the steering lock would have been too compromised for street use. Who would have guessed? A Corvette for a snack and a ZX-12 for dinner.

Well i dug up my old thread cuz it happened again. I raced the same exact civic and got raped once more.

It really was pathetic. From a 3rd gear roll, I got a brief jump..then I hear V-tec and hes gone. 3-4 car lengths by the top of 3rd, then I let off.

Further up the road, I tried again from a slower speed. He was cruising in 4th at about 45. I get next to him and quickly downshift to 2nd and floor it (cheating ). It is at least a whole second before he downshifts, and by this time Ive already got 2 car lengths on him. It didnt matter, I was going into 3rd as he flew by me and got another 4 cars ahead of me. That thing is fast! And just like my first encounter, the guy wont look over or acknowledge you in any way....just stares straight ahead. I guess he is all business.

Man.... that sux. Not once but twice. You need to flag him down and see what the hell he has in that thing. I could see beating you by a car or two, but 4 cars w/ you getting the jump? That's some serious power.

I used to have a b16 in a hatch and I admit it had good top end but nothing amazing, that thing sounds like it might have a b20 w/ a type r head to be pulling that hard. Even then... I don't know if that would pull 4 car lengths. I guess that's the thing w/ hondas. You never know what you're going up against.

Anyhow, fun encounter...too bad the guy was too cool to look over afterward for a thumbs up.

Seems to me this guy got burned too many times when his car was stock and is looking for revenge. Win or lose it's just a rush to run someone. The last race I got into was with an early 90's Camaro with the 5.7. A girl was driving the car with I assume her bf. I completely blew the doors off the Camaro. At the next stop light all I got was the guy with his window rolled down and him giving me the bird mumbling something. Must have been his car and letting her drive to show how fast it was or something. I have had some cool run ins where after a race we pulled off and popped hoods and talked. One of the coolest encounters I had was with an Integra driver with my SHO I had. He had some type R parts added to his car, and ran high 14's. We would always meet up on the street after I got off work, and I always walked him on the highway. From a stop he would always jump out like 2 cars and it took forever to reel him in. Cool guy and not a ricer at all. I was stunned that his stock looking Integra was so quick while he was shocked a Taurus was giving him fits. I would like to race him from a roll now.
    2004 WRX

I would like to race him from a roll now.

Strike that, make it from a DIG.
    2004 WRX

Originally posted by ervv173
    Well i dug up my old thread cuz it happened again. I raced the same exact civic and got raped once more.

It really was pathetic. From a 3rd gear roll, I got a brief jump..then I hear V-tec and hes gone. 3-4 car lengths by the top of 3rd, then I let off.

Further up the road, I tried again from a slower speed. He was cruising in 4th at about 45. I get next to him and quickly downshift to 2nd and floor it (cheating ). It is at least a whole second before he downshifts, and by this time Ive already got 2 car lengths on him. It didnt matter, I was going into 3rd as he flew by me and got another 4 cars ahead of me. That thing is fast! And just like my first encounter, the guy wont look over or acknowledge you in any way....just stares straight ahead. I guess he is all business.
    I hate to rub it in, but I wouldn't go racing from a roll with a close-to-stock wrx. You'll most likely lose to most cars out there. Go pick up an 18G or similar turbo with supporting mods, and then go rip him a new hole....

Those ecu reflashes wont do much for you on stock exhaust. You need to open the exhaust up with a turboback. Even then, it sounds like you will need more tha that to keep up eith this civic.... Get a turbo swap if you want to play from a roll..... If not, don't bother!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

raced a civic hatch with a b-16 transplant and a u.s. spec integra front end grafted on. This was up a 3 mile hill but it was still a race. He got next to me when I was cruising at around 65 so I looked over. He revved his cough cough sputter sputter of an engine at me and then took off. I was like whatever and let him go. He was probably in third and in his band and I was like in sixth ( yup not my rex but with my Spec V) . He was about 5 car lengths in front of me when I decided what the hell. Got into third and he was pretty much gone. The incline of the hill is pretty steep so I thought I had no chance in my sentra. But lo and behold I started to catch up. I ended up right on his ass at the merge but that cocky s.o.b had the nerve to flash his hazards. Thats a kill over here. He thought he won . If we started off together I wouldve had at least 5 or more car lengths on him. I know. All the time i was thinking "if i only had my rex". But the Spec-V kept its head high. Torque and low end hp helped out a lot as I kept accelerating after each shift. I'll catch him next time with my 954. On one wheel that is
    Last edited by wrxinfx; 04-03-2004 at 08:29 PM.

I have a friend with a 92-95 hatch he's currently getting a Type R swap so hes hoping for it tobe pretty quick..

Originally posted by wrxpaul
    I have a friend with a 92-95 hatch he's currently getting a Type R swap so hes hoping for it tobe pretty quick..
    if he does his stuff properly is will be quite fast. that set up with basic bolt on's and a little lightening on the car is good for 13's for sure
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123