worked by a civic hatch - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on worked by a civic hatch within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hatches are evil when they are gutted. I raced one with a b16 swap and bolt-ons. We went 1-1 seeing ...

Hatches are evil when they are gutted. I raced one with a b16 swap and bolt-ons. We went 1-1 seeing that his car is very light.
    Dom
    03 Platinum Silver WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

coulda been anyhting lsvtec, b20vtec, built motor, bolt on swap, hype r swap, h22, posssibilities are endless with those things.

anyone have times on hatches with the k20 swaps? (rsx-s motor)

i assume it would be fairly similar to the H22 (prelude motor) but i have driven both cars the rsx-s engine just feels stronger through out the power band

theres only a few lurking around right now, but on honda-tech i think someone ran a high 12 with i/h/e and slicks in a eg hatch

Originally posted by fastwrx135
    i kept up with my friends hatch with a b18c swap and basic bolt-ons (this was when i only had the turboback and uppipe).
    your car with turboback and uppipe is probably much faster than his with only reflash, and who knows what that civic really had?? haha, chalk one up for a little toy that goes
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

just to give example my eg hatch ran 14.2 at 96 mph with(gsr swap) i/h/e with 2.3 60ft, i shoulda been able to get at least a 2.2 60ft but its hard to launch fwd cars good.

If you ever get whooped by a Civic, you're not alone. My 500 Triumph in the avatar got humiliated by one just today. But then everything seems to beat that bike, but it was really bad. Not just a few lengths like I would have expected for a hotrod 4cyl: by the time I was to 80, he was at least going 100. But this was on one of just a few secret twisty roads in Florida. There was an uphill right hander followed immediately by a tricky left that has a fast (one that could unweight your tires) drop, with a manhole right in the natural line for both cars and bikes. This was followed by a downhill right, then a gear tighter left and a short shoot to a flat right, followed by a 1st gear left and then a short modified straight and then a stop sign. The Civic driver got his butt handed right back to him in the curves. His front tires just pushed and the whole car swayed a lot every time he tried to make it change directions. It was nothing like the modified WRX that I had to work the 250 Ninja to catch at Deals Gap. By the end of the second turn his massive 12 semi truck length lead was down to just a few carlengths. The next sweeper finished him off; he tried to cheat by using the oncoming lane for a better line but the 37 year old Triumph (cable operated drum brakes and all) was just sticking way better. I think a WRX could have finished him off faster, even if you took the turbo and tossed it into the woods. The motor on that car was pretty impressive, though. Easily a match for a WRX.

The best race I ever had was something similar to that. It was on a 10 mile, 2-lane, curvy road. These two ninja bikes came up behind me, I noticed them from a distance and began driving faster and once they caught up I put the pedal to the metal. I kept them behind me for about 8 miles of the ten until I slowed for a bicyclist and they drove around me. But this was the best time I ever had in my car. I wish I could do it again.

I love my WReX

Originally posted by jungdragon
    your car with turboback and uppipe is probably much faster than his with only reflash, and who knows what that civic really had?? haha, chalk one up for a little toy that goes
    i wouldn't be too sure about that. Like i said, i have an automatic wrx and racing from a roll isn't my cars strongest point. I still managed to KEEP UP, not beat him. A manual WRX with a Stg 1 reflash should be able to keep up with a hatch with a b18 swap unless the guy had some modified internals. With just the swap and basic bolt-ons, a b18 hatch will run low to mid 14s with an average driver. So i understand he probably won't beat the hatch but he said he lost by some 5 or so car lengths which is possible but not a likely scenario. just my $.02
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

sorry for being a honda n00b, but what cars do b16 and b18 engines come from? I'm guessing from one of the SI models?

h22-accord
    b18b- ls integra
    b18c1-gsr
    b18c5-type r
    b16a-si
    k20- newer honda motors (rsx)

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    anyone have times on hatches with the k20 swaps? (rsx-s motor)

i assume it would be fairly similar to the H22 (prelude motor) but i have driven both cars the rsx-s engine just feels stronger through out the power band
    Hasport already took a K20A and slapped it into a EP3 and made over 700hp - of course they went F/I.

K20A2 right now - best times we've seen F/I has been an 11.9 at an insane trap speed (for RSX's that is, not relatively speaking) with DR's.

The hatches are going to utilize the power best - EP3's that is, because they are slightly lighter and less expensive to boot -giving the owner more $ to spend on the engine
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by axion7606
    h22-accord
    b18b- ls integra
    b18c1-gsr
    b18c5-type r
    b16a-si
    k20- newer honda motors (rsx)
    K20A = ITR
    K20A2 = RSX-S
    K20A3 = Civic Si
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by smokey
    K20A = ITR
    K20A2 = RSX-S
    K20A3 = Civic Si
    h22 also in the prelude 97-01 or (02)

woops h22a is prelude, h22 came in japan accords. my lil mix up

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.