Had some fun with a vette last night

This is a discussion on Had some fun with a vette last night within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Last night around 1 AM i heard a vette revving its engine as it was driving past me. It looked ...

Had some fun with a vette last night

Last night around 1 AM i heard a vette revving its engine as it was driving past me. It looked brand new and it was a convertible. I'm fairly stock, all i have is a mbc at 15.5 psi and a cobb cat-back. So i followed him onto the highway and we went at it. We lined up a few times and went, i started in 4th since we were already going 85. I was shocked that he really was not pulling on me that hard at all. I am positive an STI or Stage 2 wrx could take it, or at least be even with it. From 80 to about 130 he had about 3-4 CL's on me. not bad.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well, the convertibles are heavier...you said he revved at you so i guess it wasnt an auto...i really dont why he didnt pull on you then...if it wasnt a "rev" but rather just him stomping in it, then i can see how he wasnt as fast as he should have been. After all, an auto vette is about as useful as a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest.

Edit: 3-4 cars from 80-130, thats actually a rather hefty pull...
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex