Beat an RSX-S
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Beat an RSX-S within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So i was talking to some friends and they had someone over at their house with a stock RSX-S. I ...

Beat an RSX-S

So i was talking to some friends and they had someone over at their house with a stock RSX-S. I complied in racing him and we went to the highway. We waited until there was no traffice behind us, stopped in the middle and had a car behind us with the count. Once the car did its third horn, we both took off. I had a great launch and took him by about a car length. In second he was at about my back bumper and from there til about 130, he never passed me. I would say i finished off about 5 carlengths on him.
    First kill in my stock wrx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Good Race. Wait till you're modded,then the fun really starts.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

nice kill
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

Originally posted by STiguy
    nice kill
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

nice kill
    04 wrx helix uppipe,helix catted downpipe,greddy evo2 and cobb ap stage2 93.

Good kill bro. I had a similar race with smilar results in the past.
    However...I am willing to bet that this thread will re-kindle the argument between WRX vs. RSX-S.....anyone in?
    -Marc
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

what i liked about it was that when it was all over, we went to a gas station and some friends who didnt see it asked about the race and his response was "too close to call" reffering to the traffic and such.. i got a vid of all the racing and there was no doubt i womped him

RSX's are damn good cars but they're no match for a WRX. I'd be interested to see a few mods on each side and then see what happens.
    "Wait this is butter yellow. Therefore I'll call it the Smoov Mobilie because it's as smooth as butter."

Stock v. stock its no match - WRX owns.

I actually had a buddy of mine help me install my exhaust and grounding kit yesterday and he drives a sweet white '02 WRX. He just got a full TurboXS turboback exhaust installed and I finally got a ride in it. Damn, I was really impressed with the gains over stock. You could really feel that 20hp/20lb. torque difference!

I would be no match for him from 0-80mph...even with my mods. That car just gets up and goes from a stop. The only chance I'd have would be from a roll and even then I have serious doubts as to my cars abilities.

My other buddy was over with his '97 M3 with intake, exhaust and a power programmer and I was trying to get both guys to do some runs but there was too much traffic. I think the WRX might get the M3 off the line, but once higher speeds come into play the M3 is just too fast. But it would be a sweet matchup! I'm trying to get him to get some ECU tuning next - we'll see. Its awsome having levelheaded guys with different fast cars. None of us talk **** - it just seems to be the internet tough guy stance where people have to front of whatever. We all know our places in the food chain (especially me).

BTW, whoever said this debate would spiral out of control, it won't if both sides are levelheaded and can admit certain things about their opponents. Sad to say, that NEVER happens.
    Last edited by smokey; 02-23-2004 at 06:59 AM.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

BTW, whoever said this debate would spiral out of control, it won't if both sides are levelheaded and can admit certain things about their opponents. Sad to say, that NEVER happens.
    Smokey: That was me who said that. I agree with you when you say if each side stays levelheaded, respectful, and can back their statements with factual info, this thread is fine. It just seems, especially in the last two weeks, that WRX owners and. RSX-S or Type R owners have been going head to head. It's quite sad and I never take a side because having driven my friends new stock RSX-S the other week, and owning a stock WRX, I can say the RSX-S is an AWESOME car. True, powerwise it's not the WRX, but it isn't trying to be. Its much more comfortable and luxurious (I love the Bose, Climate Control, leather seats etc. although it needs heated seats with the leather). With mods, obviously results change because that's based on who has done what and how much they want to spend. I have total respect for the RSX-S because its a phenominal car. If I didn't love/require AWD and four doors so much, I would have bought the RSX-S over the WRX without a doubt.
    -Marc

Originally posted by Mabf355
    Smokey: That was me who said that. I agree with you when you say if each side stays levelheaded, respectful, and can back their statements with factual info, this thread is fine. It just seems, especially in the last two weeks, that WRX owners and. RSX-S or Type R owners have been going head to head. It's quite sad and I never take a side because having driven my friends new stock RSX-S the other week, and owning a stock WRX, I can say the RSX-S is an AWESOME car. True, powerwise it's not the WRX, but it isn't trying to be. Its much more comfortable and luxurious (I love the Bose, Climate Control, leather seats etc. although it needs heated seats with the leather). With mods, obviously results change because that's based on who has done what and how much they want to spend. I have total respect for the RSX-S because its a phenominal car. If I didn't love/require AWD and four doors so much, I would have bought the RSX-S over the WRX without a doubt.
    -Marc
    Cool, we're totally on the same page. I have a buddy with a Rex and I have the utmost respect for it. In fact, I find myself defending the car on most forums I belong to, especially ClubRSX.

I love the bug eyes, have no issues with the interior like some people like to complain about, etc.. and I certianly love the power and the fact that it is one of the few cars you can mod the hell out of and still drive during all 4 seasons in this state. Can't beat that!

I can likewise say that if it wasn't for my RSX-S, I would certainly be driving a WRX.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

i own a rsx and a lota my rsx buddys all have type S. i really think its a drivers race stock for stock, but when the mods come in, a modded rsx i knew put out 205 to the wheels all motor i think he ran a low 14 or high 13 but when it comes down to it all wheel drive and turbo is a real deadly combination plus you got a boost controller wrxs can move like hell.
    Eternal blue pearl
    squential sport shift

no contest between a stock wrx and stock type-s....sorry...it doesnt even really matter the driver....all that it's gonna matter is how much the type-s is gonna lose by....no offense!

i own a rsx and a lota my rsx buddys all have type S. i really think its a drivers race stock for stock, but when the mods come in, a modded rsx i knew put out 205 to the wheels all motor i think he ran a low 14 or high 13 but when it comes down to it all wheel drive and turbo is a real deadly combination plus you got a boost controller wrxs can move like hell.
    Not trying to knock on what you know or have seen, but a modded, all motor Type S running a low 14 high 13 means its running a little ahead, if not with a stock WRX?! I have seen B16 Civics all motor, run low 13s. Believe me, with just Hondata, exhaust and Intake, I dont see how the RSX would have any trouble over taking a stock WRX(except off the line where awd owns). Sorry, but stock for stock isn't a drivers race, but with a good driver in the RSX, it could be a CLOSER race. The WRX is quicker, numbers say so consistantly, and there is no argument. Sorry to burst your bubble but a low 14 sec RSX-S with mods isn't going to impress me or anyone on here.
    I hope I didnt come off as an as*hole, becuase I wasn't implying that!
    -Marc

Originally posted by Mabf355
    Not trying to knock on what you know or have seen, but a modded, all motor Type S running a low 14 high 13 means its running a little ahead, if not with a stock WRX?! I have seen B16 Civics all motor, run low 13s. Believe me, with just Hondata, exhaust and Intake, I dont see how the RSX would have any trouble over taking a stock WRX(except off the line where awd owns). Sorry, but stock for stock isn't a drivers race, but with a good driver in the RSX, it could be a CLOSER race. The WRX is quicker, numbers say so consistantly, and there is no argument. Sorry to burst your bubble but a low 14 sec RSX-S with mods isn't going to impress me or anyone on here.
    I hope I didnt come off as an as*hole, becuase I wasn't implying that!
    -Marc
    I think he meant a lightly modded rsx....I believe for around a grand you can run low low 14s possibly hit 13.9
    chip,intake,motor mounts,tires
    2002 Electron Blue C5 Z06
    2003 Acura RSX Type S Turbo - 12.7@113 - Sold

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast