standstill racing vs. rolling racing - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on standstill racing vs. rolling racing within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by VA_WRX I can see where both are fun. My guess is that people are likely to prefer ...

Originally posted by VA_WRX
    I can see where both are fun. My guess is that people are likely to prefer whichever type of racing best suits their car.

AWD guys love to go from a dig
    high hp rwd and fwd like to race from a (t)roll.

It's all in good fun though. Too many people take it so personally.
    to me personally, it has nothing to do with the drvetrain I have. I don't care what kind of power people put down, give me the trap speed. the cliche of honda people wanting to go from a roll and wrx people wanting to go from a dig is very old and played out. the fact remains that awd does suffer more drivetrain loss then a ff honda and you don't see wrx's saying they won't go from a roll. i'm not into street racing, so I just laugh at this stuff.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Snowvert
    to me personally, it has nothing to do with the drvetrain I have. I don't care what kind of power people put down, give me the trap speed. the cliche of honda people wanting to go from a roll and wrx people wanting to go from a dig is very old and played out. the fact remains that awd does suffer more drivetrain loss then a ff honda and you don't see wrx's saying they won't go from a roll. i'm not into street racing, so I just laugh at this stuff.
    Actually I agree with you. When I look at stats in a magazine the number I pay the most attention to (as far as accelration goes) is the trap speed. That gives the best indication of day to day real power.

0-60 times can be very misleading due to traction and gearing (2 shifts or 3 shifts).
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

I think running from a roll is more fun than from a dig. Drag racing is also cool, but dont want to break the rear doing it, so i keep it to a minimum. The really really stupid races though.. are the ones from a dig to 60 or 70.... that isnt a race at all IMO.
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

i love how the kid with the cobra says racing from a roll is "more fun"...son, racing from a dig u will probably hit the same speeds as from the roll anyway...u expect a kid like me with awd to want to negate the most outstanding feature of his car (thar launch) and go right to my weakest and ur strongest point...yes yes racing a cobra from a roll sounds good yes

Originally posted by CakePanMan
    i love how the kid with the cobra says racing from a roll is "more fun"...son, racing from a dig u will probably hit the same speeds as from the roll anyway...u expect a kid like me with awd to want to negate the most outstanding feature of his car (thar launch) and go right to my weakest and ur strongest point...yes yes racing a cobra from a roll sounds good yes
    hey bro, lighten up, race from a dig all you want, just stating what i like to do... damn someones got a stick up his A$$

edit: Around here everyone wants to race from a dig to 60-70 what kind of race is that?
    Last edited by mike01svt; 02-19-2004 at 08:49 PM.
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

Originally posted by mike01svt

edit: Around here everyone wants to race from a dig to 60-70 what kind of race is that?
    Well, it does serve a purpose. It negates the driver as a variable(mostly) and showcases the car's ability/power a little less subjectivly. It's not too hard to mash the gas to the floorboard and shift maybe twice. Think of it as a rolling dyno that gives a comparison rather than numbers.

Outta the hole, gearing and traction are essential, and driver ability plays a big part. From a 4th gear roll, all thats being tested is the overall output of the engine and aerodynamics.

*edit* dammit, thought ya said FROM a 60-70 mph start, not TO 60 or 70. Geez, I'm slow on the uptake tonight.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    It's called a "stoplight to stoplight" race. We have lots of stoplights around here...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

i am pretty sure thats like an 18 second 1/4 mile race
    if its not fast it better be a show car

Originally posted by j-style
    i am pretty sure thats like an 18 second 1/4 mile race
    that would be a race.... LOL..... If there was a straight road long enough that could be fun, better yet an oval track to keep it safe. first one to reach the finish wins.
    Last edited by mike01svt; 02-20-2004 at 09:40 AM.
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

Originally posted by RayfieldsWRX
    It's called a "stoplight to stoplight" race. We have lots of stoplights around here...

Diddo. Another thing, going over 80-90 mph on public streets is looking for trouble.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    Diddo. Another thing, going over 80-90 mph on public streets is looking for trouble.
    Yep, I actually have all of my fun below 70mph. I'm not really into daily high speed for insurance/survivability reasons...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234