standstill racing vs. rolling racing - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on standstill racing vs. rolling racing within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by VA_WRX I can see where both are fun. My guess is that people are likely to prefer ...

Originally posted by VA_WRX
    I can see where both are fun. My guess is that people are likely to prefer whichever type of racing best suits their car.

AWD guys love to go from a dig
    high hp rwd and fwd like to race from a (t)roll.

It's all in good fun though. Too many people take it so personally.
    to me personally, it has nothing to do with the drvetrain I have. I don't care what kind of power people put down, give me the trap speed. the cliche of honda people wanting to go from a roll and wrx people wanting to go from a dig is very old and played out. the fact remains that awd does suffer more drivetrain loss then a ff honda and you don't see wrx's saying they won't go from a roll. i'm not into street racing, so I just laugh at this stuff.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Snowvert
    to me personally, it has nothing to do with the drvetrain I have. I don't care what kind of power people put down, give me the trap speed. the cliche of honda people wanting to go from a roll and wrx people wanting to go from a dig is very old and played out. the fact remains that awd does suffer more drivetrain loss then a ff honda and you don't see wrx's saying they won't go from a roll. i'm not into street racing, so I just laugh at this stuff.
    Actually I agree with you. When I look at stats in a magazine the number I pay the most attention to (as far as accelration goes) is the trap speed. That gives the best indication of day to day real power.

0-60 times can be very misleading due to traction and gearing (2 shifts or 3 shifts).
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

I think running from a roll is more fun than from a dig. Drag racing is also cool, but dont want to break the rear doing it, so i keep it to a minimum. The really really stupid races though.. are the ones from a dig to 60 or 70.... that isnt a race at all IMO.
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

i love how the kid with the cobra says racing from a roll is "more fun"...son, racing from a dig u will probably hit the same speeds as from the roll anyway...u expect a kid like me with awd to want to negate the most outstanding feature of his car (thar launch) and go right to my weakest and ur strongest point...yes yes racing a cobra from a roll sounds good yes

Originally posted by CakePanMan
    i love how the kid with the cobra says racing from a roll is "more fun"...son, racing from a dig u will probably hit the same speeds as from the roll anyway...u expect a kid like me with awd to want to negate the most outstanding feature of his car (thar launch) and go right to my weakest and ur strongest point...yes yes racing a cobra from a roll sounds good yes
    hey bro, lighten up, race from a dig all you want, just stating what i like to do... damn someones got a stick up his A$$

edit: Around here everyone wants to race from a dig to 60-70 what kind of race is that?
    Last edited by mike01svt; 02-19-2004 at 09:49 PM.
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

Originally posted by mike01svt

edit: Around here everyone wants to race from a dig to 60-70 what kind of race is that?
    Well, it does serve a purpose. It negates the driver as a variable(mostly) and showcases the car's ability/power a little less subjectivly. It's not too hard to mash the gas to the floorboard and shift maybe twice. Think of it as a rolling dyno that gives a comparison rather than numbers.

Outta the hole, gearing and traction are essential, and driver ability plays a big part. From a 4th gear roll, all thats being tested is the overall output of the engine and aerodynamics.

*edit* dammit, thought ya said FROM a 60-70 mph start, not TO 60 or 70. Geez, I'm slow on the uptake tonight.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    It's called a "stoplight to stoplight" race. We have lots of stoplights around here...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

i am pretty sure thats like an 18 second 1/4 mile race
    if its not fast it better be a show car

Originally posted by j-style
    i am pretty sure thats like an 18 second 1/4 mile race
    that would be a race.... LOL..... If there was a straight road long enough that could be fun, better yet an oval track to keep it safe. first one to reach the finish wins.
    Last edited by mike01svt; 02-20-2004 at 10:40 AM.
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

Originally posted by RayfieldsWRX
    It's called a "stoplight to stoplight" race. We have lots of stoplights around here...

Diddo. Another thing, going over 80-90 mph on public streets is looking for trouble.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    Diddo. Another thing, going over 80-90 mph on public streets is looking for trouble.
    Yep, I actually have all of my fun below 70mph. I'm not really into daily high speed for insurance/survivability reasons...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.