Old school Muscle vs STi - in the twisties
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Old school Muscle vs STi - in the twisties within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; On my way out of town this morning I ran into a husband and wife / boy friend /girl friend ...

Old school Muscle vs STi - in the twisties

On my way out of town this morning I ran into a husband and wife / boy friend /girl friend driving an old school Nova. The car was loud and had about 100 sticker on the rear and side windows. (Summit racing, hooker headers, etc, etc).

Well I came up from behind him and he didn't want me to get in front of him. He would match my speed everytime I would speed up. He would also keep looking over at his wife/girl friend and say something to her. I could tell he wanted to race or at least keep me behind him.

The road we were on was really nice and smoothly paved (50mph speed limit). It had a lot of long wide high speed turns with a little bit of straight away sections in between.

Well we were both going about 70mph and there was a big long right hand turn coming up so I punched the gas. He did the same and we had a very short drag race leading into the turn. I just left it in 5th gear with my foot on the gas and handled the turn easily at about 90-100 mph. The guy in the Nova was all over the road and fell about 6- 7 cars behind me. Then we hit another short section of straight away and I slowed down and waited for him. Then another big right hand turn was coming up. I again just left it in 5th gear and just floored the gas. I put about 7 - 10 cars on him going through the long turn. I could see him in my rear view mirror taking up both lanes of the road trying to make the turn. I'm glad he didn't crash his car.

I bet he still tells his friends his old school muscle car handles good.

After that I just stayed out in front of him and had some fun hauling axx. Its not every day I get a nice smooth country road without any traffic.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WRX
    Did he have a mullet? J/k
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

As the proud owner of both a 73 nova - no gratuitoius stickers tho - and a WRX I can honestly say that no Nova owner has ever thought that the car handled well. They sound great and are a lotta fun in a straight line though.

Para

Originally posted by paragonwrx
    As the proud owner of both a 73 nova - no gratuitoius stickers tho - and a WRX I can honestly say that no Nova owner has ever thought that the car handled well. They sound great and are a lotta fun in a straight line though.

Para

He probably doesn't. But he sure tried his best to run with me on a country road with a lot of turns. He's lucky he didn't kill himself. I think he had something to prove to the little lady sitting shotgun. He also may not know anything about STi's. He may have thought I was just some ricer.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.