Old school Muscle vs STi - in the twisties

This is a discussion on Old school Muscle vs STi - in the twisties within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; On my way out of town this morning I ran into a husband and wife / boy friend /girl friend ...

Old school Muscle vs STi - in the twisties

On my way out of town this morning I ran into a husband and wife / boy friend /girl friend driving an old school Nova. The car was loud and had about 100 sticker on the rear and side windows. (Summit racing, hooker headers, etc, etc).

Well I came up from behind him and he didn't want me to get in front of him. He would match my speed everytime I would speed up. He would also keep looking over at his wife/girl friend and say something to her. I could tell he wanted to race or at least keep me behind him.

The road we were on was really nice and smoothly paved (50mph speed limit). It had a lot of long wide high speed turns with a little bit of straight away sections in between.

Well we were both going about 70mph and there was a big long right hand turn coming up so I punched the gas. He did the same and we had a very short drag race leading into the turn. I just left it in 5th gear with my foot on the gas and handled the turn easily at about 90-100 mph. The guy in the Nova was all over the road and fell about 6- 7 cars behind me. Then we hit another short section of straight away and I slowed down and waited for him. Then another big right hand turn was coming up. I again just left it in 5th gear and just floored the gas. I put about 7 - 10 cars on him going through the long turn. I could see him in my rear view mirror taking up both lanes of the road trying to make the turn. I'm glad he didn't crash his car.

I bet he still tells his friends his old school muscle car handles good.

After that I just stayed out in front of him and had some fun hauling axx. Its not every day I get a nice smooth country road without any traffic.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WRX
    Did he have a mullet? J/k
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

As the proud owner of both a 73 nova - no gratuitoius stickers tho - and a WRX I can honestly say that no Nova owner has ever thought that the car handled well. They sound great and are a lotta fun in a straight line though.

Para

Originally posted by paragonwrx
    As the proud owner of both a 73 nova - no gratuitoius stickers tho - and a WRX I can honestly say that no Nova owner has ever thought that the car handled well. They sound great and are a lotta fun in a straight line though.

Para

He probably doesn't. But he sure tried his best to run with me on a country road with a lot of turns. He's lucky he didn't kill himself. I think he had something to prove to the little lady sitting shotgun. He also may not know anything about STi's. He may have thought I was just some ricer.