acura cl type s
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on acura cl type s within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Last night from a roll in 2nd gear I walked a new cl type s. Just wanted to see if ...

acura cl type s

Last night from a roll in 2nd gear I walked a new cl type s. Just wanted to see if any one has encountered one. It was stock and I have tbe, mbc only at 14psi, uppipe and blitz sus. I had 3 cars on him at 80mph maybe more maybe less.
    2004 psm WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have run with before on he highway, with the same result. The kid was saying how he messed up with the auto-stick or some crap like that.

I dont know whats wrong with him but he says he wants to race again, only this time form a dig!!!! id gladly take him up on that one
    02 aspen white wrx

1/4 ET 13.9

i have a freind with one we did alot of 0-70 races ( like 10) hes a pretty good driver and i had about 5 cars on him...we are both stock...that cars seems to be a strong topend though

From a roll in second gear, after pulling on him by a by a truckload in second and even more in third I shut down. I thought the cl type-s would have stayed closer. I seen them trap at 96mph, didn't think my car was that much faster. I am not complaining at all though!
    2004 psm WRX

Just be careful with 6spd CL type S.. Or a CL with a unusual whine under the hood. Yep, comptech has a supercharger kit for it and they can do wonders..
    01 CL Type S *Sold*
    04 Silver/Gold STi
    -COBB AP Stage 2 / 93 oct
    -Drop in K&N filter
    -Bosal Single Tip Catback
    -Helix 3" Catless Downpipe
    -Replica STi front strut tower brace

Originally posted by CakePanMan
    i have a freind with one we did alot of 0-70 races ( like 10) hes a pretty good driver and i had about 5 cars on him...we are both stock...that cars seems to be a strong topend though
    Jeez, you must be the only good driver in your area. You beat a RSX-S by 6 cars in a rolling race and beat a CL-S by 5 cars? Wow, the CL-S if its 6MT can run mid 14s easily. You must just be one bad ass driver and your friends downright suck
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

smokey- what whp do the cl type s usually see on dynos, I know they run mid 14's I 've witness one stock pull a 14.5 at 96mph. From a roll it was no competion my wrx.
    2004 psm WRX

Originally posted by bmrex4
    smokey- what whp do the cl type s usually see on dynos, I know they run mid 14's I 've witness one stock pull a 14.5 at 96mph. From a roll it was no competion my wrx.
    Well, they have 260hp at the crank and they're FWD, so let's say they have a 15% drivetrain loss = 220whp roughly.

I don't understand your last comment. You said "from a roll it was no competition my wrx." You mean you smoked it or it smoked you?

Regardless, it ran a mid 14 second 1/4 mile at 96mph. WRX's typically run mid to low 14 passes at roughly the same trap speed. Hence, the reason why I cannot understand how a stock WRX can pull 6 cars on a stock CL-S from a roll. See my point?

smokey i have never even claimed to have raced an rsx...i have no idea what youre talking about must be another cakepanman???

smokey i have never even claimed to have raced an rsx...i have no idea what youre talking about must be another cakepanman???
    Sorry dude, I'm getting people mixed up. My apologies for being a dumbass (the great words of Red Foreman)

sok

I have runa friend's TL typeS. His was an auto... The Vtec drone sounded pretty mean, but when we made a couple of runs from a roll (40mph to 120mph), it wasn't even close. I pulled in every gear (even in 4th gear as well) even though I was carriying a passengers, and his car was devoid of passengers. It would be close between the TypeS and a stock WRX I reckon, but my car is pretty modded (~300whp)..

I do have to say though that they are a VERY refined car. Nice interior.. Really nice cruiser... I would LOVE one for highway driving to be honest... Very smooth.. as opposed to the brutal nature in which the power hits on my car...
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

My girlfriend had a newer CL type-s and I must say it was a very nice car. I'm not doubting your victory but I know when I drove the car 65mph + the thing sure pulled nicely. I played around w/ an AMG mercedes (forget what model) and it managed to pull away on the freeway going from about 65mph up to about 120mph. Her car was an auto too... so I'm sure the 6spd would be even more fun. I do miss those heated leather seats though

as i said...up top i think it may have been gaining on me a little i cant tell...but from a stop i completely owned him so that at 70 or so i had a big enough lead...anyway it is a good car yes but either my friend was a little weak on the launch or it is not very fast off the line...(6.3 0-60 listed)

but from a stop i completely owned him so that at 70 or so i had a big enough lead...
    Thats why you gotta love our cars! There are very few cars that can hang from a launch. I think from 0-70ish a wrx is in its prime kill zone.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.