Whoohoo! First good race: M3 vs STi
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Whoohoo! First good race: M3 vs STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Tonight I was just cruising around town. I decided to go home and so I made a U-turn back towards ...

Whoohoo! First good race: M3 vs STi

Tonight I was just cruising around town. I decided to go home and so I made a U-turn back towards my apt when what do you know... a shiny black e46 M3 pulls behind me. He immediately slowed down once he saw me. At this point I was in second gear going around 3mph. He looks at me and smiles. He then immediately guns it.

He initially got a good car-length jump on me but I immediately caught up and was completely even with him. He seemed to inch a little more with each shift and by the time I was around 6000k in 4th, he was about 1 car length ahead of me at which point he shuts down (this was a 35mph zone road (although there were absolutely no cars) and gives me the thumps up.

It feels great to do so well against my dream car I'm sure if we passed 110-120, he would've started to really distance himself. All and all, a really fun encounter!
    2004 Subaru WRX Sti - Java Black Pearl/Silver wheels.

-Bone stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That rules man
    Everytime i see an E46 i'm i just wish i had an STi

Nice
    With a few mods you might have beat him. But either way you had a fun race. You did pretty good figuring he got the jump on you. Trying to play catch up with an M3 from a roll is a tuff race.

nice run man...i for one always love the look on the face of an m3 driver that just got spanked by a base model WRX
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

Originally posted by BassMan097
    nice run man...i for one always love the look on the face of an m3 driver that just got spanked by a base model WRX

I did that one day on highway 41. I lined up next to a newer M3 and beat him by about 2 cars up to 90mph. The guy was shocked!
    I was nice enough to talk to him after the race and let him know I wasn't stock. I was driving my Stage 4, 02 WRX at the time.

Yeah, most of the "older" m3 guys are pretty cool and give credit where its due...the younger spoiled rich kids tend to give a fly-by when they get their ass kicked by a car less than half their msrp...I've been beatin many a times and I always give the thumbs up either way, but some people just have a tendency to be jerks...I remember once I was behind this old firebird-T/A (not too familiar with the older domestics), it was kinda long, didnt look like an aggressive sporty car or anything, but i noticed it had an aftermarket exhaust. I just drive past him at normal speed not thinking anthing of it, then he downshifted and i swear i have never seen anything take off like that from 60 mph. It looked as if he was launching it from a stop. It was pretty nasty. I eventually caught up with him to give him the thumbs WAY up. I'm much more impressed by sleepers than by cars that I know what to expect. Thats just me.

BTW, SGOSRWX, how do you like the sti compared to your stage 4??? I was thinking of selling my stage 4+, but after i saw AaronC's car with his mods and his asking price, I know I wouldnt get anywhere near what I wanted for my car, so I'm gonna hang on to it, replace the gears, and go with either an sti shortblock or a JUN 2.2 L stroker (prolly sti - more displacement and its cheaper)
    I was just wondering because I test drove the sti and there were actually more things I didnt like than I did like. I loved the DCD, but I wasnt pleased with the gear ratio's, the interior was a bit loud for me, and it weighs 200 more lbs than my base model wrx. Not only that, it was noticeably slower (by roughly 50-60 whp). Susension wise, I have JIC's and stoptech's (which I prefer over the sti/brembo combo), and again, I'm 200 lbs lighter. I was just wondering your take on the sti vs. heavily modded wrx and what you think the pro's/cons between the 2. Thanks!
    Last edited by BassMan097; 02-14-2004 at 09:12 AM.
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.