WRX and Sportbike
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX and Sportbike within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am on my way home and I see this guy coming up behind me pretty fast. I am like ...

J-H

Thumbs up WRX and Sportbike

I am on my way home and I see this guy coming up behind me pretty fast. I am like s***, this guy is game. We start to play around playing cat and mouse (was the fat cat=slow). Anyway, we get to a light, car on the right, bike on the left. He makes space for me and I get right next to him. Give him the thumbs up and he replies. At this point I am thinking about my launch. 3, 4 or 5 grand launch? I might run into him if he thinks that he is faster off the line It has happened before (braked hard though!). Light turns green and we both nailed it. I almost did hit him , I pull to the right, even through first, second and bam, the guys pops a willie (SP???, foreign remember) and he is gone. I go up tp 110mph and he is still on one wheel, 10 car lenghts ahead of me. He slows down and I give him the thumbs up again and we part our ways. BTW, this is at hinght . Awesome run, pretty cool guy.

JH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

its cool u kept up with him

i beat a sports bike on the high way but i think it was only a 650
    if its not fast it better be a show car

Re: WRX and Sportbike

Originally posted by J-H
    the guys pops a willie
    Ok, I understand your foreign, and thats totally cool - but that is priceless, "pops a willie." A "willie" is what some refer to as a mans unit, his stuff - if you know what I mean.

Anyway, its wheelie.

Originally posted by j-style

I "only" have a [gsxr]600, but I handed a c5 vette his ass on the freeway up to 155.

Not all sport bikes are created equal. I've got an SV650. Which is an awesome bike to run around on, and handles great in the twisties, but a [just] 600 GSXR, CBR f4i or RR, R6, any of the supersports, would kill me in a race.

Course, a stock or lightly modded wrx shouldn't be a problem to beat with my bike, but I bet a vette would kill me.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

it was no gsx-r i know that much
    if its not fast it better be a show car

J-H

Re: Re: WRX and Sportbike

Originally posted by Salient
    Ok, I understand your foreign, and thats totally cool - but that is priceless, "pops a willie." A "willie" is what some refer to as a mans unit, his stuff - if you know what I mean.

Anyway, its wheelie.

I guess I'll have that word tattoed on me so I never forget how it is spelled.

Anyway, It was a bad looking bike (not very familiar with models and stuff), but he handed my a$$ on some pretty dangerous conditions....but the launch and 1 gear we were even, pretty awesome....

JH

Originally posted by ebbtide
    Not all sport bikes are created equal. I've got an SV650. Which is an awesome bike to run around on, and handles great in the twisties, but a [just] 600 GSXR, CBR f4i or RR, R6, any of the supersports, would kill me in a race.

Course, a stock or lightly modded wrx shouldn't be a problem to beat with my bike, but I bet a vette would kill me.

I killed a porche 911Carrera on my old sv650. I'm sure up past 110 he would have started pulling ton me, but we hit traffic first.

the sv650 will slaughter almost all cars, until you hit 110 yes
    even then, it takes a fast car to pull

Originally posted by TrafficDiver
    I killed a porche 911Carrera on my old sv650. I'm sure up past 110 he would have started pulling ton me, but we hit traffic first.
    0-110, you can beat 911 turbos...

only a 650cc??

lol... a 250cc ninja will own 99% of all production cars.

Re: Re: Re: WRX and Sportbike

Originally posted by J-H
    I guess I'll have that word tattoed on me so I never forget how it is spelled.

Anyway, It was a bad looking bike (not very familiar with models and stuff), but he handed my a$$ on some pretty dangerous conditions....but the launch and 1 gear we were even, pretty awesome....

JH
    lol... thats pretty crappy riding.

most decent 600cc bikes will pull 1.5ish 0-60ft just to give you an idea of what they are capable of.

Originally posted by InfamousSXL
    only a 650cc??

lol... a 250cc ninja will own 99% of all production cars.
    Sorry, but 14s in the quarter mile is slow for a bike, and will not own 99% of all production cars.

I Support ClubWRX
    My geared-down old CBR 600 will do a high-10 quarter. 14 is big time slow.

If he was up on one wheel to 110, he definitely wasn't on it full in 1st gear - a bike with enough power to do 110 on one wheel is capable of 1) flipping itself easily in the first two or three gears - in other words, if you don't keep your weight well up on the tank and do your best to keep the front end down it'll go over at full throttle. If you get the front wheel more than an inch or two off the ground the center of gravity changes to the point you either back off or flip. And 2) doing a sub-3 sec 0-60 which would leave a WRX like it was standing still.

edit: I've probably said this before but great Avatar.

edit 2: just re-read the original post. That would be the "why do you even think you can F with me?" Maneuver. You take off quick but not really on it. You notice somebody REALLY trying to run with you, so you juice it up into a wheelie and ride away in the "just toying with you" stance. I've had to do that before. The best is to do it to a dude on a $25k Harley!

C
    Last edited by GV27; 02-14-2004 at 09:26 PM.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

I Support ClubWRX
    I've never had much experience with sport bikes, but I use to have an older Honda V65 magna that would run down almost anything on the road. I had to keep my foot on the back brake when I was taking off really hard because it would lift the wheel in the first 3 gears so badly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast