holy crap i am PIIIIIISEDDD
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on holy crap i am PIIIIIISEDDD within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok bmw has got to stop flaming the rex...i do a search for wrx on e46 and what do i ...

holy crap i am PIIIIIISEDDD

ok bmw has got to stop flaming the rex...i do a search for wrx on e46 and what do i find...flame...i know ive had this argument before...but a 330 does not beat a wrx from a role...sorry but this topic is very important to me cause i know several people with 330's...after just smoking one VERY badly with my stock rex...i can vouch for the times...they claim 0-60 in 5.4 is "an anomoly"
    last time i checked an awd luanch is the farthest thing from an anomoly u can get
    bmw's are not fast...they are pimp...but not fast... i have a 323 and its slow as crap ( disregard teh ///\/|)
    anyway here it is
    http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=wrx%2A
    Last edited by CakePanMan; 02-12-2004 at 06:34 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

LOL, that was an entertaining read. Reminded me of some scenes from "dumb and dumber".

T.

i like ur avatar

ok bmw has got to stop flaming the rex...i do a search for wrx on e46 and what do i find...flame...i know ive had this argument before...but a 330 does not beat a wrx from a role...sorry but this topic is very important to me cause i know several people with 330's...after just smoking one VERY badly with my stock rex...i can vouch for the times...they claim 0-60 in 5.4 is "an anomoly"
    Two things: Being the owner of a 2001 330i as well as a stock WRX, i agree with you yet i disagree. No way did you EVER SMOKE a 330i with a stock WRX. Unless you have multiple friends with 330s who cannot drive at all. Maybe they dont down shift from a roll, or spin the wheels out of the hole?! I am not saying you didn't beat one, but I cannot fathom a stock WRX SMOKING a 330i especially from a roll. 0-60, a WRX would definately comfortably beat a 330i. From a 20mph roll, the WRX would comfortably beat a 330i. From a 70mph+ roll, the WRX would not pull on a 330i....at all! Remember its a 3.0 Liter 6 Cyl. german car which has killer top end. If anything I would give the race from a roll victory here to the 330i. Cake, as I am sure you know, even in your 323, which has the smaller 2.5 liter has more power up top(still under 110mph) then down low...Yes I agree, and like all these posts on here and any other forum, people just say things to make themselves feel good. I know if i didnt know much about cars and owned the 330i just to say I owned BMW, and got beat my a Impreza I would probably re-work the stories outcome slightly

BTW: A 2003/2004 330i with the Performance Package is 235hp 6-spd manual and Car and Driver has that car running a 0-60 in 5.6.
    So your statement saying BMWS are not fast is entirely un-true. I would take the WRX over most any car (within reason) with out question and definately over any non M BMW, but the WRX stock is a quick car. I would NEVER consider a stock WRX to be that that fast or even fast enough to make a BMW 330i seem slow, and if i did I would be ignorant to what fast actually is...
    -Marc

um. try getting a 5.4 0-60 on a stock wrx on a regular basis, and let me know what happens. i'm curious as to how long my gears will hold up if i want to start launching.
    hell, if i don't launch my car in an abusive fashion i've had problems with some cars off the line. it takes a while for the car to really get going if you don't launch it. (and i have a stage 2)

ok i dont know how good of a driver you are...but im pretty fine with getting 5.4 times with a clutch slip...if u consider clutch slip abusing ur tranny then thats another thing...and the 330 i beat was from a dead stop...and trust me i smoked it..about 5 carlengths by 70 mph

and trust me...the 6 spd 330i is VERY rare...i talkied to about 3 BMW dealers none of which could hook me up with a 330 zhp...id say about 90% of 330i will be non zhp..so dont make the "zhp is almost as fast as a rex agrument" not to mention the zhp will run u almost as much as an M so therefor is pointless to buy...however i do agree with the 70+ mph roll...my 323 has fared well at those speeds against my rex and im geussing the 330i would be an exact tie...but i also dont consider a 70+ roll any sort of a race..im not the type of kid who is willing to do 120+ in a 55...cant afford getting my liscense taken away or getting thrown in jail overnight
    Last edited by CakePanMan; 02-12-2004 at 08:32 PM.

and trust me...the 6 spd 330i is VERY rare...
    ummm....if im not mistaken all the 2004 BMWs with the 3.0 liter come standard with a 6-spd manual. Not just the Performance model....

-Marc

i meant zhp the one with extra hp..i was looking for one of these for a year and couldnt find any uner 45,000

i meant zhp the one with extra hp..i was looking for one of these for a year and couldnt find any uner 45,000
    Oh i was mistaken sorry. Yea the ZHP is a nasty car. Two local BMW dealers have a few on the lot (black looks the best) with the lowest sticker at like 43 900. Oh well keep the WRX...and save a little more for an M3 its worth it!
    -Marc

yes like i said...the m base price is 45,000 with nothing in it...they are an entire WORLD better...a zhp is almost pointless and should not be considered with a wrx since if u give any of us the extra 20,000 spent we could be pulling 8's

Dude seriously, chill, so what if people are talking smack even if they are faster or slower? No need to get pissed

I think they're just upset because they realized that a $25k Subaru can beat their cars from a stop. Not a big deal if you ask me. WRX = performance car. 330i = luxury car.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

Ike
    Seems like a pretty tame thread to me, in fact much nicer than many I see about the WRX on other car forums. I think you need to lighten up.

BMW owners do seem to hate the WRX. O well, I liked my WRX more than my M3

-Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.