holy crap i am PIIIIIISEDDD - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on holy crap i am PIIIIIISEDDD within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by CakePanMan ok i dont know how good of a driver you are...but im pretty fine with getting ...

Originally posted by CakePanMan
    ok i dont know how good of a driver you are...but im pretty fine with getting 5.4 times with a clutch slip...if u consider clutch slip abusing ur tranny then thats another thing...and the 330 i beat was from a dead stop...and trust me i smoked it..about 5 carlengths by 70 mph
    I'm not talking **** here, but racing up to 70mph isn't indicitive of anything but what happens up to 70mph (duh). That's not even a 1/8 mile race. Everything is in your advantage, which is great. It completely favors your AWD setup.

But you can't say the 330 is slow because of that. I'm sure it would start catching up fairly quickly past that point - not saying he would win or pull 4 cars back, but the fact is, the 330 is great up top so things would have certainly been different if you ran it up to higher speeds.

You just can't say a car is slow because you beat it in a race that's less than a 1/8 mile. Lots of cars can beat me in a 1/8 mile that can't beat me in a full 1/4 mile race.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yes, i think i can...sorry but around my town i rarely dont start races at 70+...so therefor in my opinion it is not as fast...(not to mention that the wrx would be at least even at 70+ so this argument is stupid to begin with)

yes, i think i can...sorry but around my town i rarely dont start races at 70+...so therefor in my opinion it is not as fast...(not to mention that the wrx would be at least even at 70+ so this argument is stupid to begin with)
    How about we stop this "not fast" BullS*it?! It's begining to get on my nerves. How about you start saying, "not as quick as"...???
    You would be 100% correct in saying the 330i is "not as quick as" a WRX. You would be 100% wrong in saying the 330i not fast. Becuase it is, and if you dont think so, grow some balls, find a empty street and race one up to about 110. I think you might be suprised at the outcome. Hell driven right, a WRX would beat a Porsche 996 Carrera 4 0-60!(they run between 4.9 and 5.3). So in your eyes is a Porsche 996 slow?????? You need to start using the word QUICK becuase obviously you aren't into driving FAST when you race. Sorry to seem angry but this had to be said!
    -Marc

Originally posted by CakePanMan
    Ok, all one can gather from your story is that you beat a poorly driven 330 in a race that lasted less than a 1/8 mile. Thus, the only objective thing you could say in this situation is "my car is faster than a 330 up to 70mph."

The STI would own 99.9% of cars on the road if they only raced up to 70mph. So using your poor analogy, a C5 is slow because an STI can put multiple car lengths on one up to 70mph.

Yea, that makes total sense.

330 = mid 14 second car
    WRX = mid to low 14 second car

So if the 330 is slow, I guess the WRX is slow.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by smokey
    Ok, all one can gather from your story is that you beat a poorly driven 330 in a race that lasted less than a 1/8 mile. Thus, the only objective thing you could say in this situation is "my car is faster than a 330 up to 70mph."

The STI would own 99.9% of cars on the road if they only raced up to 70mph. So using your poor analogy, a C5 is slow because an STI can put multiple car lengths on one up to 70mph.

Yea, that makes total sense.

330 = mid 14 second car
    WRX = mid to low 14 second car

So if the 330 is slow, I guess the WRX is slow.
    Very nicely stated.

And the 330 is hands down a much more refined vehicle than the WRX could really ever hope to be. Does it really matter to you if BMW owners (or Bentley owners for that matter) think their cars are better or faster than ours? I mean, there's a reason they chose to buy a vehicle besides a Subaru.

Go read some LS1 forums if you really want to work yourself into a deeper fury about people with other cars hating on WRX's for one reason or another...

The thing I like about this WRX forum most, is that a large percentage of the people here are well rounded car enthusiasts who appreciate power and performance in many different forms. Not just the kind that comes from the WRX. Many other message boards are more heavily biased to whatever type of car they are representing, and it'd be foolish to think they wouldn't be.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

did you read this

"This is correct. I have raced my neighbors 04 WRZ with BOV upgrade with my ZHP and I have beat him everytime from a stand still."

hahahahahh BOV upgrade hahahahahahahahha like thats gonna give us 100 bagillion HP lol

But they do seem to be talking about it very maturely.

ok u are warping what i said....a wrx berats a 330 in a quartmile...if u want to race up to 110 thats ok u guys go do that...95mph seems like a good race to me and the wrx beats it to that...a launch is a launch and thats part of the race guys...we have to pay for our awd drivetrain loss so therefor deserve our better launch being put into the statistics...of course a 330 would tie or beat a wrx from a roll at 70+...but thats means nothing in my opinion...both cars have their strengths but for them to call 5.4 an anomoly is very wrong...wrx is one of the most consistant launching cars there is

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.