WRX vs. RSX-s vs. Neon SRT-4 ( i think thats how it is)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. RSX-s vs. Neon SRT-4 ( i think thats how it is) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ah, a nice line up we have here. WRX vs RSX-s vs Neon...who would win...cuz im sorta lost.ima a fan ...

WRX vs. RSX-s vs. Neon SRT-4 ( i think thats how it is)

ah, a nice line up we have here. WRX vs RSX-s vs Neon...who would win...cuz im sorta lost.ima a fan of the WRX and im srarting to have some, alot, of doubts on the WRX after reading about those 2 other cars.....letz anaylize this

WRX, flat 4 2.0, turbo (tiny), AWD, looks nice..enogh said...o yeah our top in sucks and our 4th gear sucks from what i have herd.5speed

RSX,i belive its an inline 4 2.0 also? FWD, no turbo, looks decent have nice interior....good top in speed..6 speed. i herd 6th gear is **** on this car

Neon SRT-4, i have no clue but i herd its not that bad and can run with these bad boys..its turbo and FWD..2.5 i think?

from da line da WRX would have both these cars...and i dunno for how long. maybe till about 50mph? b\c 4th gear sucks thats a bad disadvantage b\c most races dont take place from the line....

RSX looses the the line but herd it catches up fairly qucik around 20mph? and b\c the top end speed is good and most races take place at a roll so well the RSX gets points..there not that many mods out for this car yet. but here sumthin, b\c the WRX already has turbo and car just barely stay with it what if the RSX has a turbo it would blow away the WRX, dont get me wrong i love the WRX im just talkin facts..

the neon..i have no clue..give me your info..

well just add in your opinons and say wat you'd wanna say and if you've raced any of these cars share da outcome
    ---------------nighthawk black RSX---------------
    2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)
    alpine CD player (COM 7874)
    ------------------------------------------
    are there any Stage kits for the RSX?? PM me if u know of any..
    -------------------------------------------------------
    VEHICAL OF CHOICE--->SUBARU!(WRX)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

have you driven an rsx-s???
    I was very diapointed with it.
    look at the 0-60 numbers: wrx 5.7, rsx-s 6.1, neon ???
    the rsx wont catch you at 20, more like 120+.

Originally posted by SobeWRX
    have you driven an rsx-s???
    I was very diapointed with it.
    look at the 0-60 numbers: wrx 5.7, rsx-s 6.1, neon ???
    the rsx wont catch you at 20, more like 120+.
    Must 2nd that motion,the RSX is INDEED a disappointment.The Neon would still most likely bring up the rear
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics,whether you win or lose,you're still retarded.

Complaint Department

ummm no guy..the wrx will holds its 2 car lead from the begining till well into the triple digits...then due to either drag coeficent or whatever...but if u race untill those speeds, then dont get the wrx...anyways cuz ull end up killing urself.
    My02 WRB WRX
    Go Hokies!

This thread is stupid, you obviously haven't done ANY research.

The WRX will smoke the hell out of the rsx, and to even consider writing about the neon is just plain hilarious. There is absolutely no comparison between the 2, forget the neon, it's american.

and yes, you put a 2-3 thousand dollar turbo on the rsx, and yes it will beat a WRX. OBVIOUSLY. But since the wrx and the rsx are about the same price, the wrx is a better vehicle IMHO.

RSX = $23000 + $2000 turbo = $25000 (and im sure your gonna need other equipment for the turbo)

WRX = $23000 + $2000 mods = $25000 (you have a car in the low 13's, maybe high 12's)

There is no comparison, the WRX is the ultimate import on the road today for it's price, and it owns vehicles that cost 20 grand more.

Need i say more ?
    '00 2.5RS

Yeah, the WRX will win to about 120 MPH and it will be way ahead, about then the RSX will kick in with it's second cam profile and start moving better. It is also more aerodynamic so eventually it will close the distance - but it will be a LONG distance. I suspect the neon might be faster off the line (turbo you know) than the RSX, but I don't think it will be able to hold that lead.

The WRX is a sports car, a 4WD rally sports car. The RSX is a nice drive (very nice interior and looks good) but it's just a fancy honda that isn't too expensive. The neon is kind of junky - the only small car dodge has that is even close to handling well.

my $0.02
    Good Luck.

Originally posted by sordid
    Yeah, the WRX will win to about 120 MPH and it will be way ahead, about then the RSX will kick in with it's second cam profile and start moving better. It is also more aerodynamic so eventually it will close the distance - but it will be a LONG distance. I suspect the neon might be faster off the line (turbo you know) than the RSX, but I don't think it will be able to hold that lead.
    Why would anyone care if the RSX Type-S "will close the distance" after a "LONG distance"? I don't know too many people that race their cars for over a mile. Well, unless it's the beginning of TFATF, I guess.

A WRX with a <$50 MBC will eat an RSX Type-S with <$50 worth for breakfast at almost any speed in any conditions. What are you going to buy for a Type-S for <$50, some spark plugs and an air filter?

-Jim

alright alright alright, i was just reading other threads and i herd from speculation that the RSX-s would catch up to the WRX after a while..and no that much of awhile...and the NEON is crap, but its not total crap, from what ive herd. i dont lke it at ALL...if you read da 1\4 for the RSX-s and the WRX there pretty close..so i would say its upto the drivers..unless any of you have actually racing experineces where you've smoked a RSX-s.....i really really favor the WRX and am plannin to get one, i just wanna get da lookout on da other cars\competetion...we must ramble on we must know more.......cuz ive herd so much shyte. and i dunno what to belive...also i worked for subaru (mechanics<cant spell>) for awhile, even thou im only 16..hehe..so i got experinece with REx's...im not a car noob.i just want sum info, and sum info to back up your info...heh
    2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)

jester-
    hey i'm not trying to flame you or anything, but i seriously think its kind of hard to read your posts when so many words are spelled wrong (on puprose, i assume?). again, not trying to start anything, but you might get your point across better if you went for the 'conventional' spelling of the english language.

oh and btw, i agree, stock for stock 1/4 mile times between the WRX and RSX Type-S are very similar and it could totally depend on the driver.

and am i the only one anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Neon SRT-4? no i'm not a neon fan, but its a 2.4L turbocharged engine, and i think its something any turbo nut would be looking forward to regardless. and when they do get here, give them the respect they deserve or you might find yourself with a nice view of the backside of the SRT-4 over your hoodscoop as it pulls away....
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Stock for Stock, it would certainly be an interesting race.

0-60

WRX: 5.4
    Neon SRT-4: 5.9 (est.)
    RSX Type S: 6.1

1/4 mile

WRX: 14.1 @ 96 Mph
    Neon SRT-4: ~~~~~~~~~
    RSX Type S: 14.8 @ 95 mph

A ways after the 1/4, the areodynamics and transmission of the RSX will probably begin to close up the gap. From a dead stop, on the street, however, the Rex will dominate, hand down.

It is very difficult to say where the Neon will fit in just yet, but with a few upgrades, it could DEFINITELY give us a run for our money. An FMIC is stock, enough said......

(Results are all from Car and Driver to make it fair)

Originally posted by Wrinkleboi
    jester-
    hey i'm not trying to flame you or anything, but i seriously think its kind of hard to read your posts when so many words are spelled wrong (on puprose, i assume?). again, not trying to start anything, but you might get your point across better if you went for the 'conventional' spelling of the english language.
    I can't possibly agree with this statement more. I like helping new members, but it was getting to the point where I would see "jester" as the poster and I felt like I didn't know how to read. The very common word in the English language is spelling "the" not "da" !!! Punctuation and spelling make a difference when it comes to receiving replies on a forum like this.

-Jim

some of you ask questions, and yet bash cars because they are "american." Tell that to a Corvette.
    Neon SRT is going to be the next best bang for the buck, period. The car is going to be around 20 grand. Turbo changed and cooled, turns up about 215hp. It will easily dominate the new segment of sports compacts by far.
    The only reason why RSX-S can up run us at top speed is because of our super long 4th gear. While RSX-S have 6 gears to work with, we have 5 gears and long ass 4th. RSX-S will start to catch up after 80 (end of 3rd gear.) From stop, no contest.

improper language

lol, sorry guys that my english is so broken. It's just that I have a little sister and she bothers the crap out of me so I also have to hurry up on the computer and my writing gets all deformed. Ill try to type more clearly.

so back to the subject.

so your saying that the neon is a threat to the WRX when it hits the streets, espically if it had a couple of mods on it? and also im still not clear on how the RSX-s stands with the WRX? from what it sounds like your saying, you say the WRX has no worries against the RSX?

sorry again for the broken english. Im not really a car newbie, but im not a car expert. I worked Subaru, mechanic's divison. I just really never got the chance to street race them.

A small list of questions:
    1. what rev should you launch at? <4k? and just dump the clutch?
    2. should you redline every gear (in a race) even though the WRX is a low reving engine?
    3.how much should the TSX stage-stage 4 kit cost. The whole process of the setup...ex: buying it, installin it, mappin the chip, S&h?
    4. how effective is TSX-stage 4. is it reliabe, will i need a new clutch with it or what?is it worth it? etc etc etc...wat time should i run with it?

THANX FOR ALL THE HELP, BARE WITH ME GUYZ
    2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)

Originally posted by tytlyf
    The WRX will smoke the hell out of the rsx, and to even consider writing about the neon is just plain hilarious. There is absolutely no comparison between the 2, forget the neon, it's american.
    WTF? Some of the fastest and most successful race cars of all time were and are AMERICAN! This is the largest jackass statement I've heard in while.

-Jim

Originally posted by jk147
    .... While RSX-S have 6 gears to work with, we have 5 gears and long ass 4th. RSX-S will start to catch up after 80 (end of 3rd gear.) From stop, no contest.
    your 3d gear ends at 80? mine doesn't. Oh by the way I raced a RSX-S to 100 and he never gained ANY after 80mph. of course by then he was a couple car lengths back
    2002 Blue WRX w/ Factory Body Kit

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe
    -BPM 3" Turbo Back Exhaust
    -Whiteline Front and Rear Strut Bar

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:
    http://community.webshots.com/album/70782887sLVXId

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast