WRX vs. RSX-s vs. Neon SRT-4 ( i think thats how it is) - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on WRX vs. RSX-s vs. Neon SRT-4 ( i think thats how it is) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Schaf100 Stock for Stock, it would certainly be an interesting race. 0-60 WRX: 5.4 Neon SRT-4: 5.9 ...

Originally posted by Schaf100
    Stock for Stock, it would certainly be an interesting race.

0-60

WRX: 5.4
    Neon SRT-4: 5.9 (est.)
    RSX Type S: 6.1

1/4 mile

WRX: 14.1 @ 96 Mph
    Neon SRT-4: ~~~~~~~~~
    RSX Type S: 14.8 @ 95 mph

A ways after the 1/4, the areodynamics and transmission of the RSX will probably begin to close up the gap. From a dead stop, on the street, however, the Rex will dominate, hand down.

It is very difficult to say where the Neon will fit in just yet, but with a few upgrades, it could DEFINITELY give us a run for our money. An FMIC is stock, enough said......

(Results are all from Car and Driver to make it fair)
    I think you are being nice to the RSX-S...those times have ranged from 6.1 to 6.7 and in the 1/4 from mid 14s to low-mid 15s...who knows really, I guess it depends on the driver.

Just wanted to say, I own a RSX-S and love the car, but its no match for a WRX unless the WRX driver is terrible. The RSX-S gets all its power in 2nd and 3rd gears, so unless the WRX gets a horrible start, you'll win by a good distance.

I must say, this site is much more cordial than the Club RSX site. I mean, I love the car and all, but damn people are so defensive about the Acura's. I mean, its simple math considering you have two equal drivers. I guess I figure that if you get a car like the WRX or RSX-S you should be a good manual driver (why else are you getting a sports car??).

Anyway, I know I've got an RSX-S and all, but I like the way things are around here so I hope I don't get all flaming posts or something...I have tons of respect for the WRX...My roomate's got a '97 M3 and his workbuddy has a WRX...I want to go out there and race 'em both, knowing that I'd get a great behind view of the race itself

Respect what's "better" than you, that's all I've gotta say. Doesn't mean I won't race one, but realise what's really up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

str
    Dude:

Buy a WRX, get a MBC ($50), amd a short throw shifter ($130 with bushings) and you will be hanging with cars that cost $40 to $50k and you'll blow away a RSX type S or anythig else that costs $24k.

As far as american cars go i dont thinck there is a single car made in the us that can ever match the imports just look at any comparo in any magazine in the last 5 years. This of course excludes the vette and viper. and i agree with jester before i got my car i was considering the rsx but at the time they were saying diffrent performance numbers (0-60 in 7.2) so i went with the wrx but my friend has an rsx and i intend to race him but a little worried i am completly stock and so is he and its my first manny trans so im not that good with it yet and when your 18 and you loose you never hear the end of it so im gunna get some more experience before i go at him and i hope you guys are right and its as easy of a win as you guys say it is.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123