WRX vs. RSX-s vs. Neon SRT-4 ( i think thats how it is) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. RSX-s vs. Neon SRT-4 ( i think thats how it is) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; SO the none of these cars is a threat to the WRX your saying...any last words?...

CONCLUSION

SO the none of these cars is a threat to the WRX your saying...any last words?
    ---------------nighthawk black RSX---------------
    2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)
    alpine CD player (COM 7874)
    ------------------------------------------
    are there any Stage kits for the RSX?? PM me if u know of any..
    -------------------------------------------------------
    VEHICAL OF CHOICE--->SUBARU!(WRX)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Never think that any car is no threat, but stock for stock, with equal drivers, we won't lose

So if you're crusing along and an RSX wants to play, take him on unless of course you see him purge his nitrous tank before hand

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX

WTF? Some of the fastest and most successful race cars of all time were and are AMERICAN! This is the largest jackass statement I've heard in while.

-Jim
    American meaning, a POS. I think we all know the "quality" of american vehicles. And this NEON is not going to be any exception.
    '00 2.5RS

Originally posted by tytlyf
    American meaning, a POS. I think we all know the "quality" of american vehicles. And this NEON is not going to be any exception.
    I would never say that all american cars are POSs. I think GM and Ford build quite a few quality vehicles. I will agree with you on the Neon, or any other Chrysler (Daimler/Chrysler...whatever) vehicle will likely have SERIOUS reliability issues. My aunt's Neon has a blown head gasket at like 45k miles! Absolutely inexcusable!!!

-Jim

I didn't refer to american cars as not being fast, i dont know where you got that from.

From personal experience, i believe that most american vehicles 40k and less (f150, and mush-tangs) are just something i have no interest in.

I would never buy american, just because imports are much more reliable. The only american vehicles i would ever consider if i had the money, would probably be some sort of suv.

And WHY do people buy v-6 mustangs, arrghhh, that just puts a thorn in my side to see those nasty vehicles.
    '00 2.5RS

This new SRT-4 could be a real go getter, so to just right it off because it's a Neon would be foolish. If I was lined up with one at a light I would be very focused on my launch. I'ts got a 2.4L and may have VW turbo reflexes. If that's the case, watch out. But AWD will be king from a stop. FWD just doesn't have grip.

RSX's are just not useful at all in my opinion.
    Prodrive Headlight Conversion
    STi Front Grill
    Turbochargers.com Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade - T28 Compressor
    The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel
    Wagons Are Cool Check Out My Baby Here!

I think it's a matter of just owning a "neon"

Put a real sour taste in my mouth, IM GONNA PUKE !!
    '00 2.5RS

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't know what some of you have against American cars, every car company has the potential to make good, reliable cars and American blocks are some of the most sought after(btw, I'm not a patriot American, I'm Canadian)....take some of these points: If any of you like British cars, you'd know that many of the car makers, especially the small house brands, often take American blocks and mount them into their own chassis. You should also take note that with all the mergers in car companies, no American car is really pure American....one of the biggest examples being Daimler Chrysler. Meanwhile, GM owns companies deemed as imports like SAAB and Izuzu. Ford owns Volvo, etc etc....
    Back to awesome British Sportscars....how about the Noble M12(ford duratec V6 powered....twin turboed by Lee Noble)? The Ultima GTR comes with your choice of Chevy blocks like LS1 and builds to your pref. How about Jags?........many of which have Ford blocks.
    There was a comment about Mustangs several posts back........ in the future, you should look out for the Koenigsegg(Swedish) supercar, powered by a tuned 4.6.
    Personally, I think the Neon will be quite amazing and fun. There will be many other AMERICAN cars of the same type that will blow your ignorant minds away, the Pontiac Solstice and Dodge Razor being prime examples of other bang for the buck sportscars.

I'm not here to flame anyone just inform. I own a Neon and have been modding it for 3 years now. I am very happy with it. It got me through college and cost me very little an now runs mid 14's. Needless to say I have been involved in the Neon boards and neon clubs. Neon owners are very loyal and get a good car for the money. The Neon aftermarket is very good and parts are already on the way for the SRT-4 before it is released. They are not the same as a WRX or an RSX and don't claim to be, but by the time you put $25K into an SRT-4 It will "keep up" (big bang for the buck) I bought my WRX because I wanted an AWD car and a turbo. I love my new WRX. Just don't under estimate the Neon becasue it's an american car. The SRT-4 will be a 2.4L turbo intercooled and will have more torque than us. Get some grip and look out. Feel free to check out this link to the Neon SRT-4 board (Neons.org)

Here's a pic of my other car the pos american
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails front shot aar hood.jpg  

stock vs stock = a close race between the three , but mod for mod
    i believe the wrx will have much more of an advantage then any of the other three.....

And i'm not sure what any of you have read about the neon srt/4 but its going to be a bad ass ride regardless of what you may think......

http://www.urbanracer.com/features/dodge_srt.html

To each their own..........

Ant...................
    life = one long drift

Here's a pic of my other car the pos american [/B]
    hmm.........sorry man, but why did you do that to your car. I dont want to be mean, but that is rice. Domestic rice. Take off the race stripes and that snorkel box which is unfunctional.

Your car is not that bad, but still.

While your at it, check out www.riceboypage.com

I wish more people would know about what NOT to do to your car. I personally dont like neons, and would think that yours would look better with the removal of such items.
    '00 2.5RS

Glad to see you know so much about cars. The Neon is stock with racing stripes it's an R/T. Also sorry but weight redux (Lighter hood) and engine cooling (Less insulation and functional openings) are not rice mods Big a$$ wings and chopped springs without camber adjustment fall in my rice category, also fart tips, and windshield washer led lights. You don't have to like them but you do need to be aware that fast one's exist. 11.10 n/a neon and turbos in the low 9's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aar hood (painted).jpg  

Originally posted by ElectronBlueSi

your 3d gear ends at 80? mine doesn't. Oh by the way I raced a RSX-S to 100 and he never gained ANY after 80mph. of course by then he was a couple car lengths back
    ok, to be precise "87" mph. But I usually shift at 6500 rpm at 3rd, so that is around 80 or so.

lol

this may have been already been covered but i could only get through 1 page of this thread beefore i had to post a reply... I was looking into the RSX-s when i was getting my WRX.... the only thing that made me consider it was the 6s Manual and the fact that you could push it to 8k Rpms. After driving the RSX-s i realized it was terrible... everything happens after 6k rpms its terrible... plus in order to make hte car look good you gotta spend like 28,000 and by that time i would have put that money into my WRX... ontop of that if you add 3 grand to one you ogtta add it to the other ... you cnanot just throw on a turbo to a RSX cause i did that research to.... youll spend like 10 grand cause the car isnt made for a turbo.... and again its a brand new engine no one knows **** about it... and again the RSX is limited by aerodynamics to 130 mph so i dont know how soon its gonna pull in a race... and again in every magazine everyone has gotten the car to 0-60 in 6.9 maybe 6.7 ive never seen someone get it down to 6.1... Ive seen RSX-s get beat by GTI 1.8t's... but back to the first guys arguement... how long are you really gonna race for... For the most part on street races we dont even cover a 1/4 mile and whether or not its true i hate when people pull up and say welll if we woulda gone another mile i woulda beat you.... who cares its not like you were giving me any indication... I would rather have the car that wins 0-100 then the other car that loses 0-100 but wins 0-200...

and neons are something you put on your car not something you drive... thats my opinion
    The most important mod is the girl in the passenger seat

Silver 2002 WRX Short-Shift 5 Spd

Originally posted by Schaf100
    Stock for Stock, it would certainly be an interesting race.

0-60

WRX: 5.4
    Neon SRT-4: 5.9 (est.)
    RSX Type S: 6.1

1/4 mile

WRX: 14.1 @ 96 Mph
    Neon SRT-4: ~~~~~~~~~
    RSX Type S: 14.8 @ 95 mph

A ways after the 1/4, the areodynamics and transmission of the RSX will probably begin to close up the gap. From a dead stop, on the street, however, the Rex will dominate, hand down.

It is very difficult to say where the Neon will fit in just yet, but with a few upgrades, it could DEFINITELY give us a run for our money. An FMIC is stock, enough said......

(Results are all from Car and Driver to make it fair)
    I think you are being nice to the RSX-S...those times have ranged from 6.1 to 6.7 and in the 1/4 from mid 14s to low-mid 15s...who knows really, I guess it depends on the driver.

Just wanted to say, I own a RSX-S and love the car, but its no match for a WRX unless the WRX driver is terrible. The RSX-S gets all its power in 2nd and 3rd gears, so unless the WRX gets a horrible start, you'll win by a good distance.

I must say, this site is much more cordial than the Club RSX site. I mean, I love the car and all, but damn people are so defensive about the Acura's. I mean, its simple math considering you have two equal drivers. I guess I figure that if you get a car like the WRX or RSX-S you should be a good manual driver (why else are you getting a sports car??).

Anyway, I know I've got an RSX-S and all, but I like the way things are around here so I hope I don't get all flaming posts or something...I have tons of respect for the WRX...My roomate's got a '97 M3 and his workbuddy has a WRX...I want to go out there and race 'em both, knowing that I'd get a great behind view of the race itself

Respect what's "better" than you, that's all I've gotta say. Doesn't mean I won't race one, but realise what's really up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast