Forester XT vs. BMW 325i

This is a discussion on Forester XT vs. BMW 325i within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Got to play around with a 325i a little bit on some backroads yesterday. This guy was on his cell ...

str

Forester XT vs. BMW 325i

Got to play around with a 325i a little bit on some backroads yesterday. This guy was on his cell phone and wasn't really paying attention to the road and I tend to tailgate a bit when people do this. When he gets off his phone he starts to hammer down. The 325 had some good pick up but kind of died out in third gear. I could have probably passed him at anytime but on the backroads thats not real safe. When we hit open road he made all this effort to get next to me at a light. He could only get behind me though because of traffic. Either he decided to chicken out or his car is really slow from a dig because I expected him to be right behind me, or somewhat close and I blew his doors off. Are these things supposed to be quick, I'm not sure? Anyway it was fun. Right before this happend a 350z was next to me but there was too much traffic. I definetly think he would have raced me if there was some open road. That would have been a good one. Looks like people are getting to know the Forester XT here in DE.
    2004 Black Forester XT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

325i are pretty slow. 0-60 in like 7.5 with as a manual. They're only 170hp, so you should own him off the line. I'm guessing he was trying.

I love hearing about these FXT kills, keep them coming.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

Nice kill, but the 325i is nothing too special. Only 184hp. Find a 328 or 330, which the FXT will still romp on, but atleast you will have good competition doing so. If I were you I would find me some more 350z's and start layin' the smack down on them...then slow down and take a picture of their face!
    Enjoy your ride man, its definately the ULTIMATE sleeper (for now...)
    Still fun to kill Bimmer owners (i can say that because I have a 330i and a WRX)
    -Marc

jt2
    Sounds like fun - my favorite thing about the FXT is its sleeper nature.

Since I bought it, I haven't had much seat time in it since my wife took one look at that massive sunroof and declared the car hers. But in the little time I've had, I'm amazed at how deceptive the speed is, probably because of the smooth delivery.

Can't wait to get more miles on it so the mods can begin. This thing is going to be a monster. There's huge potential in this "detuned STi" motor.
    JT

'03 WRX, Vishnu Stage 2
    '04 Forester XT

str
    Thanks, I wasn't sure if they were quick or not. It looked quick from a roll when he accelerated. I know a 330 is very quick and of course we all know that the M3 is a monster.

jt2:

it must be sweet having a Forester and a WRX!! Maybe when I hit the lotto I can get a STI.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ripper 2.jpg  
    2004 Black Forester XT

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by str
    it must be sweet having a Forester and a WRX!! Maybe when I hit the lotto I can get a STI.
    An FXT, WRX, and a Lightning !
    Awesome stable of vehicles!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

jt2

Got the first small taste of what the FXT can really do last night but not enough for a separate thread...

Both my wife and I worked a bit late, so rather than cook, we met for dinner at a Thai restaurant that is on the way home for both of us.

After dinner we wound up at side-by-side at a couple of stop signs. Both runs were only up to 45-50 or so. On the first one, I wasnít really ready (I was in the WRX), and was stuck in VF-30 lagville. Once I got into it I really had to work to reel it in.

The FXT is an auto, but it really works with the motor well. It launches amazingly hard. On the second run, I got a pretty good 4k launch, which put the F pretty squarely on my back bumper. But it stayed there pretty solid right up until just before we cut it off. It seemed that I was starting to pull a bit when we shut it down.

All in all, though it wasnít a full race, Iíd say the stock FXT held its own very well against a VS2 WRX. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, this thing is going to be a killer when modded. Probably another month away from an Ecutek flash, so Iím trying to be patient.
    JT

'03 WRX, Vishnu Stage 2
    '04 Forester XT

jt2
    Thanks Ray.

The Lightning is actually going away - the FXT is replacing it, but since the deals you can get on the FXT are so amazing ($600 under invoice, anyone?) and the 0% made us decide to overlap them a bit.

The L gets no love these days. Other than the entertainment value of ~500lb/ft of torque, it just doesn't compare to driving the Subies. IMHO, of course. (flamesuit on)
    JT

'03 WRX, Vishnu Stage 2
    '04 Forester XT

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by jt2
    Other than the entertainment value of ~500lb/ft of torque,
    Yeah, 'cause that's so trivial.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

J-H
    I might have to check out this XT.

More room, more stealhty, more power, more potential (-suspension), same money. Looks liek a good deal to me...

JH

I Support ClubWRX
    I've kinda changed my mind about the aesthetics of the XT. I wasn't a fan at first because it looked a little too domesticated. Now I'm thinking that the cops wouldn't look twice at it because of that very reason.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I've kinda changed my mind about the aesthetics of the XT. I wasn't a fan at first because it looked a little too domesticated. Now I'm thinking that the cops wouldn't look twice at it because of that very reason.
    The stealth aesthetics of the FXT is definately its best quality. Our extra car is an Outback Limited (not fast, at all) but when i drive that, cops wont look twice when i fly by them. The WRX, especially the STi is a whole nother story...
    -Marc
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.