Can we run low 13's w/o a new turbo?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Can we run low 13's w/o a new turbo?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; if your looking to run low to mid 13s, vishnu stage 0 is the way to go. These are some ...

if your looking to run low to mid 13s, vishnu stage 0 is the way to go. These are some numbers from vishnuperformance.com

At the Drag Strip…
    0-60mph: 4.5-4.6 seconds
    ¼ Mile: 13.2-13.7 seconds @ 100-102 mph
    (Customer Results)

WR Blue Perl WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm running low 13's (13.3@100mph) with stock turbo.
    There is a bunch of other members on here and I-club that are running low 13's without upgrading the turbo.

It's just a matter of finding the right ingredients.
    Carless

Vishnu Performance claims that you can easily run a very high 12/low 13 with their stage 1 kit. Since stage 0 is the only one available right now, you could buy that, get the unichip remapped, and add a full turbo-back exhaust and get the same results. With an upgraded intercooler, you could definitely be in the 12's. Cost for all of this would be <$3,000 but, buddy, your warranty is not safe the minute you put any performance product on your car, except maybe a drop in filter.

Re: Re: Can we run low 13's w/o a new turbo??

Originally posted by Flyboy

Bro, I'm not flaming you but you definitely need to get your priorities in order. What is more important to you right now, beating a Grand National or voiding your warranty? You are not going to get one without the other. You seem to have the attitude that as long as you leave your stock turbo in place you will still have your warranty. That is not correct, there are plenty of things outside of an upgraded turbo that will void the warranty. Something as simple as a cold air intake or exhaust will void parts of your warranty. A lighter/underdriven crank or alternator pulley can void portions of your warranty. The answer is not black and white, there's a lot of room for interpretation. If your Subaru dealer is a jerk and not "open minded" when it comes to mods they will frown upon any aftermarket part that you install in your car.
    I'm not sure if I'm getting the names right,but there is a Magnesson-Moss Act that states that if it is indeed the mod that
    causes the problem THEN the warranty on that particular part was voided.This was passed to protect the consumer from hard-nosed dealerships from voiding so they don't have to replace it.
    Hope this helps on that issue,it is posted on a .gov website

cheers
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics,whether you win or lose,you're still retarded.

Complaint Department

I ran 13.097 @ 103.11 with the stock turbo, stock fuel system, stock tires, stock tire pressure, stock clutch, stock tranny, well pretty much everything stock except for Vishnu Stage 0.

I run the SBC id as my boost controller and hit a max of 16.8 psi.... for a brief instant, this is normally my solid 16psi setting.

I was running a 1/4 tank of a 93 and 98 octane mixure that I estimate at about 95 octane... probably less though.

The only thing removed form the car was the spare, jack and the muffler.

The run right before was a 13.115 @ 102.91... so it was not a fluke. The night was cool, and was in Maryland on May 3, 2002.

The track was Cecil County Dragway, 320ft above sea level... and NHRA certified.

BTW- these were run with 1.836 and 1.834 sixty times, respectively.

def
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23

Hey Dug-E,

Wondering where in Maryland you were?

I'm a student (junior) at Johns Hopkins and there are a few of us there with Rex's. Let me know if you're in Baltimore or nearby sometime in the fall/winter/spring.

Michael-

I live in Bel Air... just north/east of Baltimore.

I am close.... probably about 20 minutes from 695, depending on how quickly I try to get there....

do you guys get together anywhere?

def

We're planning on starting some sort of club. Maybe an AWD-Turbo club, because one of my best friends has an increabibly quick (11.8sec) Eclipse GSX. I'll keep you updated and PM you if we start meeting up. I'm at home in New York City for the summer, but I'll be back in Baltimore in August.

-Michael

Under federal law aftermarket parts cannot void your warranty... I have more specific info if you ask but basically... your dealer has to be able to prove that the malfunction was caused by the aftermarket part... for example an aircondition problem cannot be voided because of a head light mod
    The most important mod is the girl in the passenger seat

Silver 2002 WRX Short-Shift 5 Spd

Schaf100- is his name John? I have met a guy named John that has a 99 GSX that use to run 11.80s... this season though he's got it down to 11.4s!!

Anyway, an AWD Turbo Club would be cool... my cousin drives a 97 Talon AWD, and I have a couple friends with GSX's and such... one with an A4, too.

Keep me updated...

def

Dug-E: His name's actually Joe. It's a green 97 GSX, so him and your buddy's talon would get along well together. I'll keep you posted for sure, this could be cool!

Michael

I don't know if messing with a GN is a good idea- these things were brutally fast and (I know this was 15 years ago) they were the fastest street car in 1987! A friend of mine took me for a ride in his GN once, cautioning me that he had a "crack" in his turbocharger and that it wouldn't be as fast as normal- so out on the highway he steps on it and chirps the tires at 70 MPH- I'd not challenge a car like that! And they made a limited number of F body Pontiacs in 1989 with the same drivetrain that were supposedly faster because of the lighter body style.

low 13s are pretty fast but remember if you do the same mods to a GN it will run low 12s...(exhuast,boost,drag radials)

i very rarely see a stock GN
    87 lx 5.0
    yeah its stock
    All motor
    Got torque?

I raced a stock(?) GN about a year ago in my Laser (Talon, Eclipse). All I had was a cat-back, K&N and a slight boost increase(free mod). He started in front of me at a light on a deserted road and by about 80 I had to back off or I'd have rammed him. We were pretty equal. However I am guessing my car was probably no better than a mid 14. So yes they can be beaten.

P.S. I killed every 5.slow I raced. Although my cousin has one that would've smoked me. He just ran a 12.98@105.
    I was also 3/6 against Vettes depending on their vintage.

Meek

originally posted by wrxavant
    I raced a stock(?) GN about a year ago in my Laser (Talon, Eclipse). All I had was a cat-back, K&N and a slight boost increase(free mod). He started in front of me at a light on a deserted road and by about 80 I had to back off or I'd have rammed him. We were pretty equal. However I am guessing my car was probably no better than a mid 14. So yes they can be beaten.

P.S. I killed every 5.slow I raced. Although my cousin has one that would've smoked me. He just ran a 12.98@105.
    I was also 3/6 against Vettes depending on their vintage.
    hmmm..sounds like a crappy running GN just don't expect all GNs to be that slow

I'm sure you can beat a lot of 5 pt slows as there a lot of slow ones around oh yeah 12.98@105 aint ****.....there a lot faster 5.0s around that run low 12s on motor alone....just beware the darkside!
    Last edited by 87LX50; 07-04-2002 at 05:04 PM.
    87 lx 5.0
    yeah its stock
    All motor
    Got torque?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast