Wrx: 2 Srt-4: 0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wrx: 2 Srt-4: 0 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was bored tonight so I ended up driving around with my friend Jeff for about an hour and a ...

Wrx: 2 Srt-4: 0

I was bored tonight so I ended up driving around with my friend Jeff for about an hour and a half. Towards the end, I was heading back to his house to drop him off, this was around midnight. I turned right onto a main road, with a gas station on the corner. In front of me, after I turned, was a yellow SRT-4 turning out of the gas station. About 200 yards in front of us a light was yellow. I couldn't believe I was about to get a red light with an SRT-4, as I really like them and have been waiting to race one for a while. Sat at the light for about 3 seconds, when it turned green I started moderately quickly. I wouldn't call it a launch, more like a quick 2800 rpm or so street start. He spun his wheels a bit, and he was near my back bumper after the launch. I shifted through second and third, and finally into fourth with him about 2-3 carlengths behind me. We caught another red light, and got to sit at this one for a little while. What happened next was pretty funny. I rolled down my passenger window, and he rolled down his window. We sat there for a second, in silence, and then he yelled out:

"YO, DAT SH*T WAS HOT!"

I saw a yellow light for the traffic going the other way, and started to rev up to around 4000 rpm. It was like something out of the fast and the furious, blow off valves going crazy, etc. When the light went green I launched at about 4200 rpm. I slipped it a bit much, but still got a little bit of wheel spin. He spun his tires too, and I got significantly more distance on him with this launch. I had about a car and a half after I shifted into second, and had about 4-5 carlengths at 100 mph when I shut down.

I turned down a side street, he followed me and turned off of that street shortly after. Dropped my friend off, and came home.

I was really worried that I was going to lose to the SRT-4, because I know what type of potential they have. I am not sure how modded he was, all I heard was his blow off valve. My mods are listed in my profile.

I really like those cars and they were good races, the guy was funny too. It made a boring night pretty exciting
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

chalk another up for the good guys.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

Nice kill.

Fo shizzle my nizzle.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    A guy i work with has an SRT and I love tellin him sh*t like this.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/81544.png
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

Oh well

You win, u lose, good kill, r u stock? I raced a REX also on my way to work on the freeway and put a good 2-3 cars on it to about 120mph from a 65mph roll
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Re: Oh well

Originally posted by SRT THIS
    You win, u lose, good kill, r u stock? I raced a REX also on my way to work on the freeway and put a good 2-3 cars on it to about 120mph from a 65mph roll
    Yea no one here would doubt the cars ability. Drivers race on a decently modded wrx vs a stock srt, and SRT should definitely take a stock wrx if the driver is up to par.

Para

Nice Kills, ryland!! Sounds like you guys had a good time and the SRT dude was a good sport.

Where the hell are your mods listed?

EDIT: I found them!!
    Last edited by drizze99; 02-12-2004 at 07:03 AM.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Originally posted by drizze99
    Nice Kills, ryland!! Sounds like you guys had a good time and the SRT dude was a good sport.

Where the hell are your mods listed?

EDIT: I found them!!

Thanks man, was waiting for you to find this thread. Any idea who it was? They would be from Rochester, NY, dunno if they are on srtforums or not.

For those who can't find my mods list click this link

Comprehensive WRX Modification List
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

what are your mods.....sounds like the srt guy wasn't too good of a driver.......other then that... on the kill
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Originally posted by capt'n'caveman
    what are your mods.....sounds like the srt guy wasn't too good of a driver.......other then that... on the kill
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Originally posted by ryland
    Thanks man, was waiting for you to find this thread. Any idea who it was? They would be from Rochester, NY, dunno if they are on srtforums or not.

For those who can't find my mods list click this link

I'll see if I can track him down!!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Originally posted by BoostedBoxer
    chalk another up for the good guys.
    what do ya mean?......srt lost!

j/k

good kill!
    Last edited by bent_halo; 02-12-2004 at 10:42 AM.
    03 SRT4

Mopar Stage 1
    Mopar STS
    Mopar Catback Exhaust

Hmm....we've got the same mods.....

I gotta find me an SRT-4.........at a stoplight

"I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

I found out who the guy I raced was. He is a year or two older than me, and went to the same school I did. I knew of him, didn't really know him personally. I remember hearing he flipped his old neon (real slow one), but someone I graduated with told me today that he bought a yellow SRT4 a while ago.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Re: Oh well

Originally posted by SRT THIS

you went 120 in a neon? thats not smart

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast