Wrx: 2 Srt-4: 0 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Wrx: 2 Srt-4: 0 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; as far as i recall, the 1st gen neons handled 125mph without much problem....

as far as i recall, the 1st gen neons handled 125mph without much problem.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by cyrilgrey
    as far as i recall, the 1st gen neons handled 125mph without much problem.
    You are absolutely right! I had one and they handle even a bit more!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

I call crap on that!

I had a 1995 SOHC Plymouth Neon (same as Dodge as we all know) and I could only muster about 110 mph (seemed to be aerodynamically challenged at that point)

Come on, you have a 2.0 liter SOHC with 130 BHP and you're driving 125 MPH? That's crap.

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Originally posted by tubbytreats
    I call crap on that!

I had a 1995 SOHC Plymouth Neon (same as Dodge as we all know) and I could only muster about 110 mph (seemed to be aerodynamically challenged at that point)

Come on, you have a 2.0 liter SOHC with 130 BHP and you're driving 125 MPH? That's crap.
    First, who said I had the SOHC? I had a DOHC rated at 150hp from the factory. Second, who said the car was stock?

I will say that THIS site is a great resource for NEON lovers... Why don't we have something as informative and as well-laid out as this?

http://www.neons.org/

It's great!

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

I will say that THIS site is a great resource for NEON lovers... Why don't we have something as informative and as well-laid out as this?

http://www.neons.org/

It's great!
    The site as a whole is good, but the forums SUCK! There are way TOO MANY "know-it-alls" on those forums. God forbid you ask a question! I used to post there, but I got tired of the little jealous kids in their neons. My last thread I started over there was about a year ago when I installed my EBC in my SRT-4. I got responses like "post pics when you blow the engine", "how much do want when you blow your engine" and all kinds of ignorant sh*t like that. I pretty much exploded and was warned by a mod, but I told him not to worry because you won't ever see there again.

Agreed. I never ventured into the Forums because of the general "impression" most Neon drivers give me in OTHER forums...

The resources for TSB (Technical Service Bulletins) is GREAT! There must be a place where we can collect all this stuff in a "neat" pile for WRXers. I long for such a resource.

"A WRX Library" of sorts...

2002 WRX Mods:

Agreed. I never ventured into the Forums because of the general "impression" most Neon drivers give me in OTHER forums...

The resources for TSB (Technical Service Bulletins) is GREAT! There must be a place where we can collect all this stuff in a "neat" pile for WRXers. I long for such a resource.

"A WRX Library" of sorts...
    Talk to the adminstrator of this forum. IMO, this is a great form. All TSB's can be found here: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/tsb/

Some one would just have to have the responsibility of checking periodically for updates. You can lead the effort!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12