Wrx: 2 Srt-4: 0 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Wrx: 2 Srt-4: 0 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; as far as i recall, the 1st gen neons handled 125mph without much problem....

as far as i recall, the 1st gen neons handled 125mph without much problem.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by cyrilgrey
    as far as i recall, the 1st gen neons handled 125mph without much problem.
    You are absolutely right! I had one and they handle even a bit more!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

I call crap on that!

I had a 1995 SOHC Plymouth Neon (same as Dodge as we all know) and I could only muster about 110 mph (seemed to be aerodynamically challenged at that point)

Come on, you have a 2.0 liter SOHC with 130 BHP and you're driving 125 MPH? That's crap.

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Originally posted by tubbytreats
    I call crap on that!

I had a 1995 SOHC Plymouth Neon (same as Dodge as we all know) and I could only muster about 110 mph (seemed to be aerodynamically challenged at that point)

Come on, you have a 2.0 liter SOHC with 130 BHP and you're driving 125 MPH? That's crap.
    First, who said I had the SOHC? I had a DOHC rated at 150hp from the factory. Second, who said the car was stock?

I will say that THIS site is a great resource for NEON lovers... Why don't we have something as informative and as well-laid out as this?

http://www.neons.org/

It's great!

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

I will say that THIS site is a great resource for NEON lovers... Why don't we have something as informative and as well-laid out as this?

http://www.neons.org/

It's great!
    The site as a whole is good, but the forums SUCK! There are way TOO MANY "know-it-alls" on those forums. God forbid you ask a question! I used to post there, but I got tired of the little jealous kids in their neons. My last thread I started over there was about a year ago when I installed my EBC in my SRT-4. I got responses like "post pics when you blow the engine", "how much do want when you blow your engine" and all kinds of ignorant sh*t like that. I pretty much exploded and was warned by a mod, but I told him not to worry because you won't ever see there again.

Agreed. I never ventured into the Forums because of the general "impression" most Neon drivers give me in OTHER forums...

The resources for TSB (Technical Service Bulletins) is GREAT! There must be a place where we can collect all this stuff in a "neat" pile for WRXers. I long for such a resource.

"A WRX Library" of sorts...

2002 WRX Mods:

Agreed. I never ventured into the Forums because of the general "impression" most Neon drivers give me in OTHER forums...

The resources for TSB (Technical Service Bulletins) is GREAT! There must be a place where we can collect all this stuff in a "neat" pile for WRXers. I long for such a resource.

"A WRX Library" of sorts...
    Talk to the adminstrator of this forum. IMO, this is a great form. All TSB's can be found here: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/tsb/

Some one would just have to have the responsibility of checking periodically for updates. You can lead the effort!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.