Stock WRX v. 1984 Buick Regal T-Type
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stock WRX v. 1984 Buick Regal T-Type within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, I got raped. Plain and simple. My WRX is brand new (less than 500 miles). My friend owns a ...

Stock WRX v. 1984 Buick Regal T-Type

Ok, I got raped. Plain and simple.
    My WRX is brand new (less than 500 miles). My friend owns a 1984 Buick Regal T-Type (Turbo V6, SFI). He bought it used and it has a few mods on it and it runs FAST! He ran the 1/4 in 13 even... and it's automatic.
    Last night we find ourselves at a light at 1am with noone around on a nice straight street. It was on.
    We rev, light turns, I shoot off.... i get about 1 car length ahead of him and then it begins... He hooks solid and I hear this great roar and poof he's flying by me and walks away from me. i hit about 95 and he brakes (about 2 car lengths ahead at this point)... we stop at a red light and he looks at me.... My response? "Wait till she's broken in and g modded up a bit"

Plans: EBC, TXS Unichip, Samco IC Hoses, Vishnu Pulley set

I will return!
    Last edited by javy212; 06-12-2002 at 10:23 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Those turbo buicks (Grand National or T-Type) are STUPID FAST!

It'll take quite a bit of mods to get to 13 flat!

Good Luck!

-Jim

u need to break in your car
    free food is the best food

Are you sure it was an 84? The pre-intercooled cars or 'hot air cars '(85 and earlier) are really slow stock >15 sec 1/4 mile times. Given the mods you have, your friend must have a really good combination of mods to his Buick if it's not intercooled. The intercooled cars are the ones that really run! Look for the third brake light. I had a 87 Turbo Regal that ran 12.4s with only dump pipe, chip, sticky tires, and race fuel. At that time it had over 140,000 miles too.
    02 WRX - auto, Blaze Yellow

Originally posted by Torqued
    Are you sure it was an 84? The pre-intercooled cars or 'hot air cars '(85 and earlier) are really slow stock >15 sec 1/4 mile times. Given the mods you have, your friend must have a really good combination of mods to his Buick if it's not intercooled. The intercooled cars are the ones that really run! Look for the third brake light. I had a 87 Turbo Regal that ran 12.4s with only dump pipe, chip, sticky tires, and race fuel. At that time it had over 140,000 miles too.
    I'm positive it's an 84 T-Type non-intercooled... I helped him buy the damn thing. Like i said, his car isn't stock. And the mods listed aren't on my car yet.... those are my plans. He's got a whole bunch of little things on there that do a lot. Plus, he's pushing more than 300 hp and 300 lb-ft.... As PlatinumWRX stated, his car is stupid fast. And he told me today that he runs 13 on 91 octane gas and he had 94 in last night so I'm sure he was probably running faster.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.