Discovery Channel Street Racing Special: Honda Vs DSM
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Discovery Channel Street Racing Special: Honda Vs DSM within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Anyone catch it last night? They will air it again. They have a new series special about street racing where ...

Discovery Channel Street Racing Special: Honda Vs DSM

Anyone catch it last night? They will air it again. They have a new series special about street racing where they take 2 cars and give them 36 hours in well knowned shops to mod the eff out of them then race legally. Last nite, it was a 90 talon awd tuned my honda lover charles madrid vs apex i tuned ek civic.

The dsm was putting around 350whp and the civic about high 2xxwhp with b16 turbo t3/4 and ems. Since charles didn't know much about dsms he put in a buncha worthless crap like nos, clutchmasters, etc. Any dsmer knows you don't need nos to run fast and clutchmaster just sucks for dsms. Anyways they finally raced and the talon ran a 8.2 to the civic's 9.6 1/8mi... basically mid to high 12s vs mid to high 14s BWAHAHA... what's worse is the owner of the civic was a dumb broad who posted all her mods on the internet the day before the event and the talon shop saw all the mods!

The civic had about 10k worth of mods said the show to an unknowned amount of mods to the dsm... i would say around 4k tops. great show you guys should check it out...
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I caught it. Made me laugh out loud when I saw her run that 9.6. I think they said she broke a half-shaft or something.

The DSM was decent except that he had to use nitrous to run a low 8. Still fast enough to beat alot of street cars.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

ya i saw it stupid girl in the civic didnt know anything!! and she may be getting divorced for racing eeeeeeehhhh right ok. Also i believe it was the 90 talon that broke its back axel because of the 125 shot of Nitrous!
    Stage 4 plus 2004 WRX

The DSM broke the half shaft she just sucked as a driver.

it was the dsm that broke the axle off the line - due to dumbass 'dr. charles' putting slicks on an AWD car. race wasn't entirely fair though - on 1/8th mile tracks, awd has a huge advantage

honda-tech was sayin that girl was makin over 400whp on that setup and since the show she has been clickin off 12.2's - another forum stated that she just blew up that B16 last week, either way those tuners were stupid for leaving the 14B on the dsm and just slappin on a 125 shot -could've been 11's with an fp 3052 without the nos, oh well
    95 GSX - GT30R

She blew up the engine. WOW, she was a looser, and her husband was not far behind. Getting a divorce because she wanted to race. Can you say Loosers.

u guys see the part where she put on makeup before she ran the 1/8mi??? ahhahahhah

talon also broke the axle because of a 3bolt rear end... shoulda upgraded to a 4 bolt for about 400bucks
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

that was a gay show

I watched that crap, and the tuner of the dsm was like "Man I hate eclipses, I'm a honda junky" Please!!
    They put a 125 shot of NOS on a awd dsm to run the 1/8!
    Against a friggin Honda?
    I don't know how much money they had to spend, but they could have a few bolt-ons to run 8's in the 8th?
    And they wouldn't have broke a axle.
    Your signature sucks

Originally posted by Drod
    She blew up the engine. WOW, she was a looser, and her husband was not far behind. Getting a divorce because she wanted to race. Can you say Loosers.
    She didn't blow up an engine...
    skidpad kid: you're the BOMB
    Shard of me: i know

Joshiscookin: Hey fragment.

As soon as I saw it was a 90 model + slicks, I predicted a broken axle. As soon as they went for the nawwws, I knew all hopes of a true representation of DSM power was lost.

Why didn't they call one of the California DSM tuners like Road Race Engineering?

I don't care how much HP the Civic made. It had an open diff - how do you expect that to go anywhere? One wheel peel isn't going to win any 1/8 mile run.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

One of the funniest shows Ive watched in a while. I dont know much about those cars, but I hope those tuners just didnt know what they were doing.

How the hell do you spend 10,000 and run 15's? I mean wtf? And those guys could only get that talon into the mid-high 12s? Jeez, I was very dissapointed. When I saw them take off, it was like watching paint dry.
    2000 Mustang GT - 620hp/500tq

seems like a lot of people didn't like the show....just curious, what would've made the show better? should it be more technical? get into the actual wrenching and parts?

personally, i prefer the human aspect of it, and i like the show. it by no means promoted street racing and told the story from two different point of views, street racer guy and track racer chic.
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

"15's .... not a bad way to spend $10,000"

Remember when they "accidently" met eachother at the car meet (which she never goes to until that fatefull night)... one of the guys was screaming "Shes going for 11's!!!" HAha now that was funny.
    04 SVT Lightning

Humm ...

What is the show called and what time and days is it on?
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.